FYI Volcano AW Replacement Battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scotay87

ECF Veteran
Jul 20, 2011
Pacific North West
Thought I would start a thread for all that are waiting on their AW IMR battery replacement from Volcano. Last night I went into the Volcano retailer that just opened near me and was told that Volcano will be getting the the AW IMR 2000mah battery to sell on their site and will be in the kits. It also will be what they send out for replacements. I have yet to see anything officially stated on their forums and can't say for certain this is true. Thought you all might like to hear the news I got.

popeye79

ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2011
WA, USA
that last I heard (few days ago), volcanoe posted on their forums that they were not going to use AW batts, instead opting to have their own branded batts made elsewhere.

If there's been a change to this I'd be interested. Because I have several friends and co-workers who are about to order a lava tube after trying mine. I've been telling them to go to superT for batteries. But if volcanoe will have AW, it would be easier for them to shop at one store.

Scotay87

ECF Veteran
Jul 20, 2011
Pacific North West
that last I heard (few days ago), volcanoe posted on their forums that they were not going to use AW batts, instead opting to have their own branded batts made elsewhere.

If there's been a change to this I'd be interested. Because I have several friends and co-workers who are about to order a lava tube after trying mine. I've been telling them to go to superT for batteries. But if volcanoe will have AW, it would be easier for them to shop at one store.

When the whole fiasco first happened with the batteries it was mentioned on the Volcano fotum that they were going to OEM their own IMR's but shortly after changed their minds and went with authentic AW's direct from the manufacturer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread