Status
Not open for further replies.

Scubabatdan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2009
Dothan, AL
Dan, I was wondering if is would be possible to convert this into a standard atomizer by including a second longer negative screw that and standoff that would raise the negative post up as high as the positive post is. That way we could wrap a standard horizontal coil with wick material. Remove the screw and easily convert it back into a mesh/genesis design?

Would be a great cheap option for gaining some extra functionality if you think it would work. What are your thoughts?

LOL now you suggest this :)
Well I dont have a problem with it, great idea.... here comes the but.....
I factored everything at cost, so the SS standoff spacers are 1.86 a piece and the SS scews are .08 cents a piece. At last count we had 304 units requested, that is an additional 589.76 that I would need to layout to cover everyone since I have not fudged to factor in extra parts.
Here are the standoffs, and SS screw McMaster PN's: Standoffs - 92321A007, SS screws - 91772A059
More than welcome to mod the mod :)
Dan

theECB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2009
Everett, WA
upinvapor.blogspot.com
Dan, awesome news! I think I'll just go about grabbing my own and others are welcome to do the same. I was really wanting a the bottom feeder atomizer for this reason, but I don't have a bottom feeder! So, this kills two birds with one stone.

Sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL now you suggest this :)
Well I dont have a problem with it, great idea.... here comes the but.....
I factored everything at cost, so the SS standoff spacers are 1.86 a piece and the SS scews are .08 cents a piece. At last count we had 304 units requested, that is an additional 589.76 that I would need to layout to cover everyone since I have not fudged to factor in extra parts.
Here are the standoffs, and SS screw McMaster PN's: Standoffs - 92321A007, SS screws - 91772A059
More than welcome to mod the mod :)
Dan

Scubabatdan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2009
Dothan, AL
Dan, awesome news! I think I'll just go about grabbing my own and others are welcome to do the same. I was really wanting a the bottom feeder atomizer for this reason, but I don't have a bottom feeder! So, this kills two birds with one stone.

Sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hmmmm maybe I misunderstood, this is not set up for a bottom feeder nor can it be. The brass center pin is to small in dia. Now you could remove the mid section, configure it like you suggested and install the cover, but you would have to sacrifice a cover because you would have to drill a 3/64 hole in it. This would convert it to a dripper.
Dan

Added:
Or had I been thinking I could have had a different top made half the length with a hole drilled in to it to convert the G-tank-us into a mega dripper :)

Future mental note for dripper co-op. Too late in the game now
Dan

Added:

Here is the Idea I had:
Mega Dripper.jpg Drip Cover.jpg
This cover would be 7.75 extra we would need a 100 commited to make this cost point.
Dan

Last edited:

harmonic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
Desoto, Mo
no still do the mega dripper - the top cap and chamber all have the same threads right? use the longer standoff and make a horiz coil or even just use a vert coil and maybe extra wick wrapped around leave off the center part the tank attaches to and just use the shortie cap - oh wait i see the air hole is in the center part.... hummmmm....

say i thought gorilla glue expands when it dries?

edit- guess i forgot to refresh the window and missed dans post about the cap now i feel silly lol but i'm in :)

Last edited:

Scubabatdan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2009
Dothan, AL
Ok to clarify.......

I will entertain a drip tip cover, I already have the file made for processing. I just need 100 units to be spoken for and are ok with the additional $7.75 a unit. If we dont get 100 min units spoken for then it gets dropped and life goes on and you pay at the end like normal. If we get 100 spoken for those people that want them tack on an additional $7.75 per cap they want. So with the drip cap here is all the configurations possible:
G-Tank-US Configurations.jpg

Drip, T-Tank, normal 3ml, and XL 5ml!

I call it the end all atomizer!
Dan

harmonic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
Desoto, Mo
somebody asked about the possibility of extra bottom assemblies and i want to ask this again. for me at the current cost point it would be worth another what 15 ~ 20 bucks for an additional bottom setup. i know i would spring for the extra to be able to use more then one configuration at the same time without having to get a whole 2nd kit. shoot if the total price was still under a bill i would get 2 so i could use all tanks (or 2 and make the other a dripper lol)
and thanks again dan for taking all the time and work to make this possible.

Jajasonvich

Jul 13, 2011
Phoenix, az.
Hi jaja,

I am in Scottsdale and I will assemble for you. PM me if your interested.

Steve

Steve,

Your awesome! I totally appreciate the offer. Since Dan decided to extend the pre-assembly list - I'm going to ask for one assembled and try to do the other myself. If I run into problems with the unassembled one though I may have to run over to you for help if you'd still oblige...

Thanks again so much for the offer!

Jason

harmonic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
Desoto, Mo
I will not give the option of extra bottom, that would be a nighmare with 4 additional parts to deal with. One drip top no problem I can handle that! we are at 5 committed drip tops 95 to go.
Dan

fair enough sir. i would love to have more units but that being the case i can only afford one. it would be nice to be able to use more of the parts since a large part of the parts cost incurred will be sitting extra on my desk. i would have thought there would be enough other folks wanting to do the same to make it worth your while.
thank you again for all you are doing i appreciate getting to participate :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread