G-Tank-US-CO-OP Support Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ED-209

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2010
Florida Panhandle
Well I talked to paypal direct and if you are in the US paying to the us it is 2.9% + 0.30 cents per transaction. If crossing borders IE Canada, Mexico etc.. paying to the US it is 3.9% + .030 per transaction. So that is what I calculated on.
Dan

Figured out the issue and sent you a PM as to why the totals don't match.

Thanks,

Last edited:

dragon_ch

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2011
Singapore
I played with it. I usually use that online site calculator tool by Ryan Olbe but his calculator shows a little higher price for some reason when you input the total in the Reverse Calculator section to show what amount should be sent to cover the fees.

Example: 1 unit with assembly shows $81.83 for US shipping on your tool but for some reason his has the total of $82.19, so not sure what his is doing different (as I can't see the formulas) but I think I'll start using yours from now on even though it's only .36 cents?

@Dan, your formula is incorrect. You add the PP percentage from the amount owed to you but PP deducts the percentage from the amount sent. It might not be much for one transaction but this Co-op has already more than 300 orders and the amount could be substantial. We just don't want you to lose money after what you have done for us.

Here's the formula Reverse PayPal fee calculator formula

Scubabatdan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2009
Dothan, AL
my question is what extra stuff are we going to need to get? and is this going to be that hard to put together, i would like to put it together myself if i can

Sorry I missed you Q: only thing you will need is SS mesh and Kanthal. If you are mechanically inclined you will have no problems.
Dan

Vaporologist

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2010
Epic Journey
I am complete noob to rebuildable atties and need some baby steps help please... I have a couple of atties on the way but have zero experience to date.

Could some please post links to specific Kanthal wire and SS mesh that's advised to use? Regarding Kanthal wire, which type will provide which resistance with specific amount of wraps?

I really appreciate your help in advance!

Scubabatdan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2009
Dothan, AL
@Dan, your formula is incorrect. You add the PP percentage from the amount owed to you but PP deducts the percentage from the amount sent. It might not be much for one transaction but this Co-op has already more than 300 orders and the amount could be substantial. We just don't want you to lose money after what you have done for us.

Here's the formula Reverse PayPal fee calculator formula

You are quite correct, it is only 45 cents on the order I played with but that does add up. I have since corrected the formulas and added a link to the reverse calculator on the initial post. Please check my work!
FilesAnywhere - FileShare Detail View
Dan

ED-209

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2010
Florida Panhandle
You are quite correct, it is only 45 cents on the order I played with but that does add up. I have since corrected the formulas and added a link to the reverse calculator on the initial post. Please check my work!
FilesAnywhere - FileShare Detail View
Dan

You almost got the reverse part, just need to make sure you add the calculation of the pre-assembly in with the other totals and not just add it to the end as it will still be off by whatever the assembly fee total is (x) the applicable PP fee, or about .29 cents for every assembled unit for US or about .39 for every assembled unit for foreign.

Last edited:

theECB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2009
Everett, WA
upinvapor.blogspot.com
Dan you are the man! One dripper top for me as well. buy, ask and ye shall receive. Simply amazing! Thank you so much for even considering this as an option. I am so very thankful.

Now come on folks, get in on the "Do everything Atty" and sign up for a dripper top as well. Only what....90 more to go?

dspin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2010
USA
Ha, glad I ordered assembled. Drilling and gluing are not my forte. Measuring - I nearly flunked algebra and geometry - I won't even go into how I passed the courses.

The only PITA factor is the 0-80 ezloc insert. It must be pressed into a .096" hole at a depth of .125" Then the 6-32 nylon screw must be center drilled with a 1/32" drill bit, and glued/screwed into place and cut at the proper height. The rest is easy, glue the PTFE tubing in, glue the nylon wahser in place and insert the nylon spacer over the ceter pin and assemble. The .5" 0-80 screw must line up with the floating brass 0-80 tapped hole and screwed into place. Other than that a breeze LOL
Dan

Scubabatdan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2009
Dothan, AL
Dan,still incorrect. Change G2=(C2*62.51) and G6=IF(C3="Y",((G2+C6+0.3)+(C4*E3))/(1-(2.9/100))) . Only the parentheses not in the correct place. For Canada and international, just change accordingly....Hope it helps

I think We have it straight now, Here is the formula ED-209 came up with: =IF(C3="Y",($C$2*$G$2+C6+(C4*E3)+E12)/(1-C12),($C$2*$G$2+C6+E12)/(1-C12))
I have re-entered the formulas, and locked the sheet (no password). Thanks everyone for keeping me straight!
Dan

Scubabatdan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2009
Dothan, AL

Scubabatdan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2009
Dothan, AL
Yeah, I'll use it.

It would be nice to have the Drip Top option incorporated in it though.

Ok I just re-wrote this for the umptinth time LOL
Drip Tops are now incorporated as a selectable numbered item that will be figured in.
If you downloaded the pay calculator, please redownload so you can get the correct numbers for paypal.
Thanks, Dragon_ch and ED-209 for the help!
Here is the new formula, I wiped out the IF statment as it was not really needed,
=($C$2*$G$2+C7+(C3*E3)+(C4*E4)+E13)/(1-C13)
the user can jut put 0 or leave it blank for perassembly, and now Drip Tops.

SS:
PayPal.jpg

Dragon-ch and ED-209 please check my work :)
Dan

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread