G6 Battery too old?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cloudykitty

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2015
Aurora, CO, USA
When I use my older G6 battery it seems like the juice tastes burnt.
Then I give all the contact surfaces a good rub down and that usually fixes it.
I am very careful when I fill my mini tanks so I don't think leaking juice is the problem.
I bought this 'problem' battery in April of this year so I'm hoping it's not already dying.
Has anyone else had this happen?

DaveOno

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
Dutchess County, New York
I'll respond, cloudy..
(I do NOT own a G6)
First, is it an automatic or a manual?

Next, these Halo batteries are not regulated. That is, they do not provide a consistant voltage. It is hot off the charger at about 4.2 volts, drops to 4 or 3.9 for a while, then tails off to 3.7 or so, where it starts blinking for a recharge.

My Triton batteries followed this pattern (the 650s. Not the Variable Voltage, as this IS regulated, and provides the same voltage throughout the discharge.) And I found I could "burn" Belgian Cocoa on a fresh battery. I made sure to vape BC only after the bat had lost some of it's edge.

And I'm not sure how cleaning the contact surfaces help. (But if it does, by all means, continue..) I would think dirty contacts would increase the resistance, giving less power.

I hope someone else chimes in. :)

Reactions: hanzo.esq

gingerpost

ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2013
Pennsylvania
When I use my older G6 battery it seems like the juice tastes burnt.
Then I give all the contact surfaces a good rub down and that usually fixes it.
I am very careful when I fill my mini tanks so I don't think leaking juice is the problem.
I bought this 'problem' battery in April of this year so I'm hoping it's not already dying.
Has anyone else had this happen?

I've noticed that sometimes when I use a freshly charged G6 battery that I get a little bit of a burnt taste. I try to take small hits for the first 10 drags or so. It's usually okay after that..doesn't always happen though.

Reactions: DaveOno

cloudykitty

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2015
Aurora, CO, USA
Thanks guys. I chatted with a Halo Rep yesterday and my battery isn't too old yet. I'm estimating it has half of it's life still based upon the average charges that the batteries can give. He told me that it might be from dirty contacts and that I can use rubbing alcohol to clean the surfaces once a month making sure it's dry before use. I don't remember now what he said about why the dirty coils would make a difference, but having dirty coils can some how kill a battery.

G6 battery sat unused but fully charged last night and I took a couple little test hits now and no burnt Midnight Apple!

Reactions: Rockin Randle

hanzo.esq

ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
TX
Thanks guys. I chatted with a Halo Rep yesterday and my battery isn't too old yet.
Usually the signs of an old battery are:
- Doesn't last long (discharges quickly; doesn't hold a charge)
- Charges too fast

If you make a mental note of how long they usually last and how long they take to charge, you'll have a data point to compare when suddenly you notice that you are charging one of them a whole lot more than usual. I usually mark a battery "suspect" when that happens. If it gets marked "suspect" 3 times in a row, I retire it.

Hanzo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread