G6 Mini-tank

Discussion in 'Halo' started by ckmeyers, Apr 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ckmeyers

ckmeyers Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I've been using the G6 mini-tank for 6 days now, and I have been extremely pleased with it! I'm hoping there will be a discount offer for buying 5 or 10 at a time. The draw is perfect for me, not too airy. I'm very, very pleased. Good job Halo! :)

2. puckhead

puckhead Senior Member ECF Veteran

I have never used a tank before and just got one of these. I tried to draw on it just to see how it felt, not filled or connected to a battery, and there is no air flow at all. I hooked it up to a battery and tried again, unfilled, and still nothing. The light on the battery doesn't go on either. Is this normal? Does it need to be filled to draw? It's like sucking on a plugged up straw.

3. J Guns

J Guns Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

puck-
    that's strange; my g6 mini tanks have been fantastic, both on various G6 batteries and the Triton battery. Try filling it (and give it a few minutes to "prime" or wick up some liquid) and see if that makes a difference?

4. puffins

puffins Full Member Verified Member

Anyone try these tanks with VG liquid, and are these top or bottom coil? Thanks

5. LaraPaw

LaraPaw Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Not tried with any other juice besides Halo. I read on another thread they are top coil. Only been using it since I got it earlier this evening but I haven't been able to put it down! :D I am very, very happy with the performance of the mini-tank so far, I can't believe how much more I can taste the liquid and the amount of vapor is fantastic IMO! Huge Tribeca scented clouds floating around! :vapor: I also love that I am getting no leaks at all! I'll be putting it to the test tomorrow with it bouncing around in my bag during my work commute. I am going to put my G6 in a small plastic bag so I can see if anything leaks.

If the performance stays this good I think I will probably be done with cartos for good! :) Does anyone know if the mini-tank is pretty much just a scaled down version of the Triton tank?

Great job Halo!!!

6. Standpoint

Standpoint Senior Member ECF Veteran

I got two of them yesterday, these are absolutely great. I love that you do not screw down the top (I think this helps prevent overtightening and tank cracking). Easy to fill, great vapor and flavor. Much better than any CE3 I've tried (Hate using a syringe to fill), and other companies pseudo equivalents (Nano).

I'm recommending these highly to 808 threaded vapors I know.

Great price, too. Very happy about that.

7. CrazyClown

CrazyClown Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Vaped both 50/50 and 65/35 good vapor with the mini tank.

8. loxmythe

loxmythe PIF owner/moderator Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    I filled one with VG WTA and no wicking problems at all. I'm going on week 2 now and I love these tanks :thumb: flavor and vapor still going strong. :)
    I've tried the nano's with the screw on tip and had problems with them creating a vacuum that made my auto batts stay on :blink:

9. puffins

puffins Full Member Verified Member

Thanks for the report lox.
    I just complained about this in the coupon thread but I placed an order for some clearos elsewhere but if I dive in on the Tritan system I'll make sure to pick one of these mini tanks up

10. CrazyClown

CrazyClown Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Just wanted to add something I don't know what kind of plastic the tanks are but the oldest tank I have has some citrus eliquid in it and no leaks or breaks or cloudiness yet it has been in there for a day and a half!

11. Shufflefield

Shufflefield Senior Member ECF Veteran

I got mine yesterday and I have to say, these are THE way to use the G6 batteries. The cartos are fine but I am surprised at how much more vapor and better the draw is on these.

12. ckmeyers

ckmeyers Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I totally agree! I've tried others but these are the absolute best I've found. :)

13. LaraPaw

I just can't say enough about how much I am loving the mini-tanks! I have a feeling I may even stick with them even with the triton since a fully charged one lasts me pretty much til the evening and then I just refill.

I do get the occasional dribble of juice but it seems that is almost impossible to avoid with vaping in general from time to time. :) I don't vape higher than 12mg/ml so I don't worry about that for my usage. I am big on mixing different juices so the mini-tanks are just perfect for this. Plus it's very easy to see how fast I am going through liquid.

Are there any recommendations for cleaning? I tend to just keep topping up when they are low and so far have not fully cleaned one except once which just involved hot tap water which seemed to work fine but I don't want to make that a habit if it's not a good idea. Also if using water, is distilled or filtered recommended? I would hate to gunk them up with minerals from straight tap water.

Has it been posted anywhere on what the wicks are made out of? I am just curious since there seems to be some interest in the effects of using different types of materials.

About the only thing I'd like to see with the mini-tanks are maybe colored mouthpieces kind of like the awesome halo drip tips. :) That's totally superficial and arbitrary, it would just be fun. I can't wait to upgrade to some triton batts but I think I will be happy to stick with the mini-tanks.

14. Shufflefield

Shufflefield Senior Member ECF Veteran

Lara -

Dribbles - I see no way of avoiding this either.

Cleaning - these are pretty much disposable. I am thinking if I get a week or more out of one, at 4 bucks it's a good price (vs. over 10 dollars a day on analogs). So I see two options.

don't clean, buy a stack of them and designate one to one flavor and stick to it til it dies.

If you are going to clean, nothing wrong with water. I would give it a good rinse with tap water, then blow it out and give it a good 30 minutes or hour dry. I have been cleaning my vivis and kanger T3's like this, it's how I will clean my tritons, and probably the mini's if I ever clean them. Water won't hurt, but again, ensure it's dry before reconnecting it to a battery. ESPECIALLY the connection on the bottom.

Wicks - I am going to guess silicon. Not sure though.

Colored drip tips - agree fully. Yes it is cosmetic. But I really really like color. if you have read any of my posts you may have picked up on that. =)

You can use a drip tip in the minis. I tried it, but it made me nervous because the drip tip on the mini seems to have a heftier bit of sealing to prevent leaking (the big silicon cap in the bottom vs the o-ring on a standard drip tip.).

15. LaraPaw

Thanks Shuffle, I am a color nut too. I will probably end up with batteries and tanks in just about every colored offered.

I have been using my two mini's for at least a week and they are working as well as when I first got them so far! The one I cleaned (just because I had antsy pants to try new liquid that arrived) I pretty much did exactly what you described. :laugh: I thought about trying my carto drip tip but was a little nervous to try it, my liquid is precious and I don't want to waste a drop lol.

I am not too worried re: silicon since I have not found my wicks to burn whatsoever, but I tend to be curious about everything. :2cool:

16. PeteC2

PeteC2 Super Member ECF Veteran

I wouldn't say that the G6 mini tanks are much like the Triton tanks, however, they both perform well. They are both top coil clearomizers, however the Triton tank has replaceable coils, and at $12.50 for a 5 pack from Halo, that makes the Triton tank an economic choice. Sometimes though I just don't want/need a 2.4ml fill of ejuice, and the minis work well on the Triton battery. When Iswitch flavors, I just rinse them out in water, blow 'em out and let them dry overnight. I do not do a dry burn, as that is a good way to shorten the coil's life.

17. jessermay

jessermay Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I just got my mini tank on friday and am in love! I enjoy it so much more than the carto's. I have only been vaping for about 3 weeks now and was having a hard time giving up the stinky analogs but after using the mini tank all weekend I have not had an analog since friday night. I am going to be ordering a couple more of these. I have used some other juices and they work just as great as the halo juice. I even had one juice I bought at a local store I just couldn't get to work in the halo carto even after several refill tries but it works great in the mini tank. I also got a drip tip to try out and I am liking that too! I am very pleased with all the halo products I have ordered so far and I am absolutly becoming more of a vapor, I gotta say I am feeling so much better physically too after not smoking analogs for a couple days.

18. John Castle

John Castle Moved On ECF Veteran

I have to chime in -- I just got my mini-tanks in the mail about an hour ago. Got one out of the packaging, filled it with Longhorn and put it on my G6. Holy ****.

I don't know if I can properly describe the difference these things make. Just. Un. Believable. I filled the second one with HHV Dragon's Fire just to be sure. I'm still slack-jawed (when I'm not vaping like mad, that is.) These things are a game-changer over the cartos. They've got flavors coming out in the juices that I don't even taste in the cartos, not even in the HH.357 on the iTaste. I've got hints of vanilla and honey from the Longhorn over a much, much more robust tobacco flavor. The Dragon's Fire is hitting me with the usual flavors of tobacco, vanilla and a little bit of cocoa, but turned up to 11 and accompanied by a strong hint of caramel.

I don't know how you did it, Halo, but you nailed the mini-clearo with one shot. If I had one request of you guys, it would be this: Make your Triton tanks and G6 mini-tanks with a 510 connection. Please. Pleeeeaaaaase, I'm beggin' you.

EDIT -- to add: I'm experiencing something with the G6 mini-tank that I haven't experienced in a very long time: I'm actually getting a nicotine buzz off the vapor with this thing. This is unlike anything I've ever experienced while vaping, on anything, ever. Normally, vaping has given me just enough nicotine to smooth me out and keep me from wanting an analog -- but with this thing, I'm actually catching the kind of buzz I got from analogs. :blink:

19. Zire02

Zire02 Full Member

Just gotta say I love my halo g6 mini tanks.

20. puffnomore

puffnomore Full Member

I'm loving my mini tanks too. They are awesome with Triton battery too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.