1. Win Vaping gear! The ECF 15 Millionth Post contest

We are fast approaching the 15 millionth ECF post and we have a contest to celebrate this huge landmark and amazing prizes to give out to our members! Head over to the official contest thread to see the rules and check out the prizes generously pledged by our registered suppliers on the prize announcement thread.

G6

Discussion in 'Halo' started by Kuljit, Jan 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Kuljit

Kuljit Moved On

I'm about to pick up a new APV and give my Triton kit to a friend. But this new one is bigger, and can't really carry it around concealed in pocket when I need to. Usually I use Blu disposables, but they don't do anything for me. I'm looking at ordering the g6 starter tomorrow. Anyone use these and have an opinion? Is it messy to refill? And does it leak? Any advice greatly appreciated!

2. Evie Luv

Evie Luv ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    I have the G6 I use it at work and whenever I'm in public. I find I like the automatics better than the manuals. I use the plain black blank cartomizers and just refill as needed. It is easy to fill a carto they will hold about 20 drops and I hold the carto at an angle and just drip them in. You'll have to drip like 4 drops in and then let that soak in etc. There are videos on you tube showing different methods. You can also use the mini tanks on the G6 and they are alot easier to refill but I use mostly the cartos because it has a sleeker look to me. Cartos once filled as long as you don't overfill will not leak and I've never had a mini tank leak but you have to make sure the mouth piece is all the way in. Of course if you crack a tank in your pocket it will leak with a carto you won't have that problem.

I love the G6.

3. CafeDigitalDiva

CafeDigitalDiva Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Hi Wumpscut! The G6 is wonderful. No leaking and no problems. The cartos are super easy to fill, and you will find them very easy to use. If you like a warmer vape, Halo's LR cartos are really good. It's a good simulation to smoking a cig....good for those times when a little craving may hit. Good luck on your vaping journey.

4. AmandaD

AmandaD Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

What size batteries did you get in the Triton starter kit? One of mine is the 400 mah, and it is really tiny....

[​IMG]

5. Kuljit

Kuljit Moved On

Very cool. That's what I wanted to hear :) I would get a smaller battery for the Triton but I'm trying to get my buddy into vaping as well. And while the Blu never quite does it for me, I do like the size. The g6 looks just right and if it hits anything like my Tritons have then I'll be set. Thanks!

6. Kuljit

Kuljit Moved On

Plus, I'm intrigued as to how these cartos will hold up. I'd order them blank because if I can fill them up to 5 times each before losing vapor production, then it may last a good while since I'd only be using them on the weekends for about 5 hours a day.

7. CafeDigitalDiva

Wow AmandaD. The 400mah is tiny. Thanks for putting the lighter next to it for comparison.

8. CafeDigitalDiva

You can clean your cartos very easily, thereby extending the use of them up to 20x, (or so I've heard)

9. devil495

devil495 Senior Member

I agree that the blank cartos are the way to go with the G6. I've tried mini tanks but find that after one or two refills the vapor is much less than using a carto. The taste is also better with a carto imo. I only use the mini tanks now with my G6 passthrough and find no vapor reduction with the passthrough. I have to assume that because the passthrough is always working at max power that it has something to do with the G6 batteries not being powerful enough to use with the mini tanks after the first few puffs when the voltage drops off a bit.

So, like you, I use my Triton at home and in places where people are used to it but also carry my G6 around for general public vaping. Frankly I am tired of all the questions whenever I pull out a Triton and find that with a G6 (especially using the white batteries) sometimes people don't even notice that it is an ecig and there are usually no (or very few) questions.

10. devil495

devil495 Senior Member

I've refilled mine way more than 5 times. I have some I've refilled about 10-15 times and notice no drop off in vapor.

11. CafeDigitalDiva

Exactly devil495. That's why I posted the vid. I use cartos as well on my G6. Just not a minitank person. The method in the vid works very well, and has prolonged my cartos well past the 5x of usage.

12. Penguins17

Penguins17 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

I'm thinking about getting a G6 kit as well.

What is the point of the blank cartos though?? I would only want the cartos with sub-z,(they sell those prefilled) the rest for the triton. I always have loose fitting pants and the pockets are always huge since I'm tall so the triton likes to tip and turn in my pocket, and I even accidently sat on it once. So no more triton in the pockets for me. Plus it is very hard for me to drive and vape with the triton.

I want the G6 for public use, and if by triton batteries all die at once.

13. Penguins17

I had no idea the G6's were so cheap... I'm going to get a little closer to breaking even, and let my need to order build up over the $75 and I'm grabbing one.

14. Evie Luv

Supporting member
    The point in getting blank cartos is you can fill it with any juice flavor you want. If you take care of the cartos they can last for several refills. I've had cartos last for weeks.

15. CafeDigitalDiva

So do I Evie. Even tho I rarely use my cartos now, I still have some from when I first got my G6 way back in Sept.

16. Penguins17

I get that but if I am only going to fill them with my sub-z why not pay the extra $....

As I look more though I don't know if I want it colored or to just get the white with the tan carts. I don't mind showing off to friends and family but I hate strangers stopping and asking me what it is, what it's like, if they can try it, and where they can buy it. The lime and emerald greens look cool but I don't want to draw too much attention. I think I'll buy the white starter kit and get a pack of unfilled tan carts I guess.

I want to at least hit my break even before I buy some more hardware though.

Also, you guys might see that I changed my signature. I redid my math and it was way off so I fixed it. So I still have a while to go before I can getmy G6, good thing I am not allowed to go anywhere for a few weeks anyway.

17. Evie Luv

Supporting member
    Between work, around the public and home. I have used the G6 more than the Triton so far.

18. CafeDigitalDiva

I used to use mine everywhere I went! But when I got my Triton, I noticed my poor little G6 started collecting dust. So I let my neighbor use it.

19. Nanny22

Nanny22 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

I have a question about the G6 blank cartomizers -- I ordered about 10 of them to use with my smaller battery and cone when I am out and not using the Triton. I haven't used the cartomizers yet because the only juices I can vape are all VG and pretty thick. Anyone have any tips for using thicker juices with carts- do they eventually soak up the thickest juice? Thanks for any help!

20. Evie Luv

Supporting member
    I have the one juice so far that is 100% VG the Vanda, I vape it while at work in a carto. It does take a little longer to soak in while filling but I do get 20 drops into the carto. I also put a toothpick in the tube, not far down into it, but just enough to help plug the hole because VG is thicker and will get in the tube while you wait for it to soak in. Just take it slow when adding drops and let them soak in don't rush it. And it takes longer the first time you fill a new carto than refilling it. Then I let it sit awhile to completely wick before using it. It vapes fine as long as you don't take more than 2 or 3 draws before sitting it down for a minute to let wick back up. After the carto is over half empty it seems harder to wick so I give it a few themometer shakes to force the juice down to the wick. The one carto lasts me all day and I'll top it off each night. But I also have Kringle's Curse and Cherry Blossom Tea in other carto's that I use. I have all three on my desk and just pick up the one I feel like "tooting" on. :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.