Gagging sensation / vomiting

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaspry

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
Sacramento, CA
Updates.

Last Thursday night I was still vaping. Gagging sensation came again and I got very frustrated. Throat was very very sore. I went into the bathroom and it was quite red in the back, and really sore. There was additional inflamation on my neck right below my jawline. Very tender.(tonsil area?) I knew I had to see a doctor ASAP. From that point I stopped vaping altogether until seeing what's going on.

Paid $125 for doc visit. Here's where I'm frustrated.

I started talking about how I started using the "vaporizer" to cut back on smoking. I told him about the complications that arose when I started vaping. All he said was, "Well, ALL forms of smoking is bad." I tried explaining about "PG" and how some people are allergic. He didn't have anything to say about that. He doesn't know ANYTHING about electronic cigarettes and that frustrated me.

I asked for antibiotics. He didn't give me a prescription. he said I'd need to see another doctor. He said it was most likely a viral infection of some sort.

I am very confused. I'm 4 days being vaporless, and went through the nic withdrawals (and STILL going through them).

Even if it was PG-related I guess I wouldn't know for a week or two ... It would take that long for my body to recover, I think.

If anyone believes in the power of prayer, I certainly need it right now. I feel like I'm dying! =(

jaspry

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
Sacramento, CA
Doctor Update #2 8-o (positive one, finally!)

After the first doctor visit I was very stressed, anxious, and feeling miserable.:confused:

After 4 days with worsening symptoms (flu-like) I went to the second doctor, one I've known for awhile.

At this point I'd given up on the PG relation theory. I figured I had a terrible flu or something.:cry:

But when I explained the onset of the symptoms, the Dr. immediately felt my neck and look at my throat.

Throat infection.:oops:

Boom. Said it was an internal infection. He said I have hive-like symptoms in my throat, caused by the irritation of the vapor.

He gave me antibiotics and didn't feel it necessary to give me any further testing.

My worsening illness lasted 2+ months because I continued exposing myself to PG while being very sensitive/allergic toward it.

My symptoms now are as follows:
Scratchy/irritated throat ; headache and anxiety (doc said these are because nic withdrawal) ; body aches ; chills & sweating ; swollen glands in neck

Will start lessening within days. Thank God! :D

Will keep updated on my recovery.

Anyways, I'm 5 days without a drop of nicotine. Not even craving cigs OR vapor. Whether or not I am going to continue vaping expirimentally with VG... probably not. I think I might be done. Couldn't have been possible without vapor! ;P

So it was unfortunate that it didn't work for me, but I still support it like crazy!!!:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread