Gallon of pg and gallon of vg..$48

Status
Not open for further replies.

JUDGMENT AFFIRMED

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2012
BELLE VERNON PA.
regarding my pg/vg purchase. i thought i might use mason jars to store. is this a good idea or should i go another way? thanks for the help. this is all new to me.

Hi John,
I would do some reading on that in this forum. Mason jars sound good but realize that, that amount may last you 10 years? I never bought by the gallon for that reason. Dow says a 2 year shelf life, but i believe you got longer than 2 years. I put my nic in the freezer for what I believe is the best possible storage, but IDK what would be the best for PG/VG. When we store nic we want to fill the bottles as full as possible, so there is as little air as possible. That link in the nic thread my have some info from Kurt. Also use the search box. Good Luck

john333

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
Indiana
Hi John,
I would do some reading on that in this forum. Mason jars sound good but realize that, that amount may last you 10 years? I never bought by the gallon for that reason. Dow says a 2 year shelf life, but i believe you got longer than 2 years. I put my nic in the freezer for what I believe is the best possible storage, but IDK what would be the best for PG/VG. When we store nic we want to fill the bottles as full as possible, so there is as little air as possible. That link in the nic thread my have some info from Kurt. Also use the search box. Good Luck

i thouht it was a little over kill on the pg vg too. i plan to break them down in amber bottles and store them on a dark shelf. for my nic storage you confirm exactly what Wizard Labs is telling me. i do have another question on which nic solution to buy. is there a general consensus or preference for pg or vg as the base for nic solution. i'm thinkin i read where most people get it in a pg base? i normally buy my vendor liquids in a 70pg 30vg mix. thanks for the help

the_vape_nerd

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2011
New Orleans, LA
i thouht it was a little over kill on the pg vg too. i plan to break them down in amber bottles and store them on a dark shelf. for my nic storage you confirm exactly what Wizard Labs is telling me. i do have another question on which nic solution to buy. is there a general consensus or preference for pg or vg as the base for nic solution. i'm thinkin i read where most people get it in a pg base? i normally buy my vendor liquids in a 70pg 30vg mix. thanks for the help

I do recommend you get your nic in a 100% pg base. It will just give you more freedom on your final ratios. If you are new, get the breaktru calculator. Take an hour or so to fully understand what the caculator is doing. DIY is for the most part fairly straight forward and the calculator is a very helpful tool. I have however, seen a ton of people on here asking really odd questions. I suspect they didn't pay much attention in high school when ratios and proportions were taught in science or fractions and percentages in math.

JUDGMENT AFFIRMED

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2012
BELLE VERNON PA.

Hi John,
But, you can always share and for the price its worth it. Yes, cool/cold, dark and no air is best for storeing. Yes, most are using a PG nic base. I do also and at that mix ratio you should have no calculator problems. Vg is thick and makes dealing with a vg nic base more of a problem, i would think. Also i believe i read PG nic base will store longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread