Gearbest Chat & Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

studip

Mar 28, 2015
Buckeye
IMO...

fasttech: has far more selection and is cheaper in general (but not always). As mentioned earlier, the forum at FT is invaluable (if not snobbish at times... on a clone site at that lol). In practice it comes down to money and I buy more here.

GearBest: has more authentics and occasional good deals. They also have waaay more non-vape products to interest you. I had a good support experience on a faulty tank where they simply credited me and let me keep the tank (which I have since fixed on my own). I found them responsive (vs. what someone posted earlier).

Both: I wish we could know the manufacturers (of the clones) but I'm guessing it's some unwritten China non-disclosure code. At least FT shows you the box it will come in and after a while you can start to put the pieces together on who made it. Also... if there is a US warehouse... sign me up (or give up the link)! I've not received anything in less than three weeks from either.

I haven't checked these other sites... guess I have homework now. :)

Fiatrix

ECF Veteran
May 19, 2015
I must have missed something, but I had no idea this company was based in China or that my package would ship from the Netherlands. Until my shipment confirmation showed up in my inbox. I'm pretty bummed, because I never would have ordered from them had I known it would take so long for my items to be delivered. Does anyone know if items with free shipping are provided with tracking, or am I just out of luck? The "tracking number" seems to be invalid. Which sucks, considering I may no longer be living at this location by the time the package arrives! For those in the US who have ordered from them and had free shipping, how long did it take you to receive your items?

DanJiblets

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
Shorewood, IL
I must have missed something, but I had no idea this company was based in China or that my package would ship from the Netherlands. Until my shipment confirmation showed up in my inbox. I'm pretty bummed, because I never would have ordered from them had I known it would take so long for my items to be delivered. Does anyone know if items with free shipping are provided with tracking, or am I just out of luck? The "tracking number" seems to be invalid. Which sucks, considering I may no longer be living at this location by the time the package arrives! For those in the US who have ordered from them and had free shipping, how long did it take you to receive your items?
I think tracking number may be based on amount spent? I have a $50 fasttech order with tracking number, and a little $6 order with no tracking number. It's a tossup when you'll receive them. Anywhere from 10 days to 2 months lol.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
2 of the 3 times I have attempted to order from Gearbest the item suddenly became unavailable. Hmmmm...........
The third time, my Cloupor mini, took a week to process(in stock) and 5 weeks to pass through Swedish Post to the US and finally arrive.

A) GearBest Has no factory. They are not a manufacturer.
B) A direct U.S. Warehouse link for ordering might be interesting.

Reactions: Ramsay Bolton

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
If underage kids didnt work, our farming industry would be dead. Wait, it is, let me rephrase, without heavy subsidies and illegal hardworking good people our farming industry would be dead. What was my point?

What was your point?
Farming and China e-cig supplies are like holding Bees in your bare hand. They don't go together.
Farming has been a poor mans venture in this country long before we lifted sanctions or imported illegal assistance.

For some, it is called history. For others, is was in our younger days. ;)
Some read about, but some actually experienced....

I still remember loading watermelons for $.50 per hour with a bonus($3.00) per hundred.

hashtag

Ultra Member
May 17, 2015
I think tracking number may be based on amount spent? I have a $50 fasttech order with tracking number, and a little $6 order with no tracking number. It's a tossup when you'll receive them. Anywhere from 10 days to 2 months lol.

I always pay for the shipping upgrade. It's like 2 bucks and gets me a tracking number and ensures my stuff comes within two weeks.

I only order little things from China though. Drip tips, O rings, replacement parts etc. The things I really want are worth the extra ten bucks to order in the US and get in my hands in 2-3 days

DanJiblets

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
Shorewood, IL
I always pay for the shipping upgrade. It's like 2 bucks and gets me a tracking number and ensures my stuff comes within two weeks.

I only order little things from China though. Drip tips, O rings, replacement parts etc. The things I really want are worth the extra ten bucks to order in the US and get in my hands in 2-3 days
I should've paid the shipping upgrade. I definitely will from now on after reading your post. I also only order small stuff. My $50 order is just A LOT of small stuff! Wire, glass replacements, coils, drip tips, silicone sleeves, etc...I paid double for the authentic black subtank from another site because I want my tanks and mods asap and authentic.

Ryuukon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2013
Wyoming, USA
Well, I'm not too happy with Gearbest at the moment. I got in on the $60 sale for the Joyetech eVic VT 60w full kit with coupon. Paid extra for tracking and expedited shipping. That was 3 weeks ago. Still hasn't shipped, so I sent them a message asking about it. Just got a notification from them that they are out of stock and they want to refund my money. Of course they do. They must have screwed up with that coupon deal badly (even though they put that deal up 3 times) and Joyetech probably reamed them a new one, so they're just stonewalling their customers and wasting our time to keep what money they can before giving out refunds.

This was my 3rd order with them. The other 2 orders had SLOOOOOOW processing times, shipping times actually WORSE than FT... and now this crap. Never again Gearbest. NEVER AGAIN!

lovemytank

Jun 9, 2015
Right Here
What was your point?
Farming and China e-cig supplies are like holding Bees in your bare hand. They don't go together.
Farming has been a poor mans venture in this country long before we lifted sanctions or imported illegal assistance.

For some, it is called history. For others, is was in our younger days. ;)
Some read about, but some actually experienced....

I still remember loading watermelons for $.50 per hour with a bonus($3.00) per hundred.
I was agreeing with Thrasher that young kids in America often do not want to work. As far as the farming goes, our bustling cotton growing industry would be dead without subsidies. My family pays immigrants over $100 per day for picking apples, would not $100 for a days labor be a nice paying job for a strong 18 year old? Still cant get any local gringos to work, only had immigrant Hispanics for the last 10 years. Good for you for doing some hard labor as a young person, I still do and love it.

Waddle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2014
Korea
I recently purchased a couple of items from GearBest and had zero issues. Mind you I had them shipped expeditied (UPS). Everything arrived in tact and working properly. However, like I mentioned before, I usually buy from FastTech. If you read the forums there you will see a massive hate on for GB. Tales of poor products and non-existent customer service. I'm nervous to buy anything from them now. They have the Ubertoot V2 on pre-sale right now for about $6.00 less than FT. Basically same delivery time. Is their support really that bad?

Fiatrix

ECF Veteran
May 19, 2015
Seriously regretting my decision to order from them. Their customer service is terrible on top of being a less-than-transparent company. I forgot to mention here that as a new member I was supposed to receive what sounded like a $50 coupon, which of course sounded too good to be true and I must have misunderstood it. Well, I received ten separate codes that said they were each worth $5. Okay, fine. But when I tried to apply any of them, EACH CODE ADDED 20% TO MY TOTAL. yes, added. I emailed them about it, they took 10 whole days to respond, and they basically just said, "no, I can assure you the code works". The end. Ugh. I had gone ahead with my purchase previously because I thought the prices were fair without the discount, but that was before I realized my package would be sent from another country without tracking. Now I'm wondering if I'll even be getting all the parts that are supposed to come in the Subtank mini box, since they seem so shady. Betting not. I'll let you know.

Waddle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2014
Korea
Unfortunately Fiatrix tracking is an additional charge, not much, but an additional charge. Pretty much all the vendors in China do it, if not in the USA also. Strange that the discount codes add 20%. Usually I find they either work or don't work at all. As far as responding, it's hit or miss depending on your issues. FastTech for all their faults seems to be pretty good and I buy weekly from them. Its never more than a day to get a reply. However at the moment I just bought something from 3FVape and it was D.O.A. I put in a ticket last week and they just got back to me today with the standard form reply. I figure if I don't get a concrete solution by the end of the week I will open a dispute with PayPal. That usually gets the vendors to react. Live and learn I guess. Standard air mail - no tracking - means your shipment could take anywhere from three weeks to six weeks...sorry I don't have a better response for you. On my last shipment via UPS it went HKG-Singapore-Philippines-China-Korea. So you can imagine that regular air mail could be shipped via numerous transfer hubs depending on the carrier. You will more than likely get everything you ordered...albeit slowly.

Ryuukon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2013
Wyoming, USA
Well, I'm not too happy with Gearbest at the moment. I got in on the $60 sale for the Joyetech eVic VT 60w full kit with coupon. Paid extra for tracking and expedited shipping. That was 3 weeks ago. Still hasn't shipped, so I sent them a message asking about it. Just got a notification from them that they are out of stock and they want to refund my money. Of course they do. They must have screwed up with that coupon deal badly (even though they put that deal up 3 times) and Joyetech probably reamed them a new one, so they're just stonewalling their customers and wasting our time to keep what money they can before giving out refunds.

This was my 3rd order with them. The other 2 orders had SLOOOOOOW processing times, shipping times actually WORSE than FT... and now this crap. Never again Gearbest. NEVER AGAIN!

Just an update on this. After waiting as long as I did I finally asked for a refund. They replied saying the item was going to ship soon. I asked again for a refund. They ignored the 2nd request as well and finally shipped the item. Horrible HORRIBLE customer service. We'll see how long it takes to get here even after paying an extra $12 for expedited shipping, on a product I don't even want anymore because I already ordered another one from the US and requested a refund on twice. Then it's going up on Ebay.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
shipping times actually WORSE than FT

Umm what? If you order In stock or Next day, it is usually shipped within 48 BUSINESS hours. After that, it is the shippers( Shipping companies) responsibility.
I have placed over a hundred orders with Fasttech, being mindful of what I ordered and the Shipping restrictions. It has never taken more than 16 days and average is 10 days after shipping notice. USPS has been the slowest leg of the journey the past dozen orders and in all cases the Packages came through N.Y Customs 3 starts away.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Nice try robot.

Robot - Me?
Wizard Labs, Essential Depot, Capella Flavor, One Stop DIY, Vapor Range, Vapor Beast, LiteCig, MVS and a slew of others I do business with in the US.
Fasttech, Gearbest, Vapor Break, ChinaBuye, Heaven Gifts, Health Cabin, Kanger and others I do or have done business with in China.

Naw, not me.:cool:

My IPV D2 is scheduled to ship from GearBest something after the end of July and before Never.
* All orders will ship AFTER the Pre-Order end - Even if they receive them early!!!) Their words, not mine.
I learned not to be impatient after purchasing my Cloupor mini from them. Its trip through Swiss Post was a comedy worth watching. I had tracking, which actually finally showed up on Swiss Post ( I had been tracking by 17track) 3 days before I received it.
The day I received it I had checked and Swiss Post still listed it as preparing to ship to country. :blink:

The only real bust on Gear best is the 9 e-mails it tool trying to get them to understand their new account system was Borked and I could not sign up. I was ...... about likely loosing the Purchase code pricing.
They did honor that by giving me a one time code once we got the account to activate. AND of course their still terrible way of handling shipments. 3 to 7 days to get a package to a carrier after a minimum 3 days for preparing shipment is a bit silly. I actually thought for a second they may be running shopping errands to pick up everything ordered from local supply stores.:lol::lol::lol:

Robots don't vape

Ryuukon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2013
Wyoming, USA
Umm what? If you order In stock or Next day, it is usually shipped within 48 BUSINESS hours. After that, it is the shippers( Shipping companies) responsibility.
I have placed over a hundred orders with Fasttech, being mindful of what I ordered and the Shipping restrictions. It has never taken more than 16 days and average is 10 days after shipping notice. USPS has been the slowest leg of the journey the past dozen orders and in all cases the Packages came through N.Y Customs 3 starts away.

I've ordered from FT many times too, and in general I can expect about the same shipping times as you, around 10 days.

In 3 orders with Gearbest, 2 were in stock at the time of order (or so they claim). Took 8 days to finally ship my Chalice III, and it took nearly 3 weeks to get here, and my Reo clone took almost as long. We'll see about the eVic VT. And for the record, they don't always use the same shipping companies. FT usually uses china post, and on all of my Gearbest orders they used netherlands post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread