Nov 9, 2015​

Method used when initiating complaint with retailer
Website ticket system​

Ticket number (if you were issued one)
T15110902579​

General nature of complaint
Defective or wrong product​

Briefly describe your problem or issue
Received an eVic VT from Gearbest on the 4th of November. It was dead on the 7th. I filed a ticket with them on the 9th. I had to file another ticket because they didn't or wouldn't respond. They finally responded on the 11th which was 24 hours after their response policy of 24 hours.

They asked me to send them a pic or video showing the item not working which I had to upload a video to Youtube and send them a link. This went on for about 3 or 4 days. Then they responded back stating they wanted me to charge it for 8 hours with a different cord.

At this point, it was 10 days and since it takes them so long to respond and their responses were getting silly, I filed a chargeback with my CC issuer. Plus I had already tried with another cord. And what product needs 8 hours to charge. The item is supposed to come back on as soon as one starts charging it. This is per joyetech's own manual.

Point being, they were giving me the runaround.

The correct thing to do is to ask me to return the item and have them look at it and confirm it is a faulty device. Then send me another one.

After reading lots and lots of complaints about their return policy, I took the initiative to nip this in the bud.

I will never buy another product from this outfit again. And I highly advise anyone that does to NOT use Paypal or at least pay with a credit card through Paypal as I have heard they try to game Paypal's policies.​

planes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2013
MA
Update. Gearbest sent me a sneaky ticket message on their site.

They responded to my ticket stating that they had shipped me a replacement, (Which by the way,I never requested.) then they sent another ticket that my item was shipped and they wanted to trust me that I would cancel my unauthorized chargeback with my credit card issuer.

But..... the tracking was for my original purchase. Sneaky huh? So, basically, they were hoping I would cancel my chargeback without sending me the replacement. Kinda sleazy.

All they had to do was approve my return, I would have shipped it back and they would have the device back and given me credit to use on their site. They could have returned the faulty item to Joyetech and kept me as a happy customer. Now they have an unhappy customer who wont by from them and is giving them poor reviews.

Now they are out the money for the product and no product return. It;s sitting on my bookshelf in its original packaging and has been there for return almost a month now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread