Status
Not open for further replies.

Croak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2012
Right behind you...
The nickel purity setting seems utterly pointless for the majority of people not vaping on third world nickel.

Whole lotta folks using Lightning Vapes Ni200, and that's from China. The setting might also be useful for folks that like to use titanium, or twist Ni200 and Kanthal.

Reactions: kljoki

refuzeandrezizt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2015
Western, KY
I emailed Geeco earlier to see about ordering one of these, after watching his review on it yesterday. Thanks for the link to Ocean Vapor. Have any of you ordered from them before? I've always been leery of ordering stuff from outside of the US. Not a huge fan of waiting a month to get my stuff. Sure wish I could find someone in the US selling these things. Sure looks like a beautiful piece in that sexy black.

Reactions: TheBloke

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
I'm not spending $200 or anything close to that on a power supply so no temp control for me. $50 seems too good to be true but it's got my attention. I've been vaping 7 months, rebuilding for a couple of months. If I can figure out a dripper that doesn't leak in pocket carry I'm ready to try that and temp control that works would add a lot to the experience. I'm on the go most of my waking hours. Any setup that's too fussy is going to be left at home.

My hunch is this product doesn't exist in merchantable quantities. It's vaporware.

TheBloke

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2015
Brighton, UK
I'm not spending $200 or anything close to that on a power supply so no temp control for me. $50 seems too good to be true but it's got my attention. I've been vaping 7 months, rebuilding for a couple of months. If I can figure out a dripper that doesn't leak in pocket carry I'm ready to try that and temp control that works would add a lot to the experience. I'm on the go most of my waking hours. Any setup that's too fussy is going to be left at home.

My hunch is this product doesn't exist in merchantable quantities. It's vaporware.

Well we know the board it's using - at least the 50W version of that board - exists and is shipping, in the form of the 50W Vapor Flask clones on FastTech. Several customers have theirs on their way to them, having ordered over the weekend. Mine will hopefully be shipped by the end of this week.

You're probably right that the Geeco is not currently available to purchase anywhere, but I'm not sure I'd call that 'vapourware'. It will appear in due course. There's already a detailed video review of it and wholesalers on Alibaba displaying it, meaning it's at least at prototype stage, quite possibly pre-production. Shipments might come in weeks or months, that's never certain. But so far nothing about its appearance is any different to any number of other cheap Chinese products that many people now own.

I've not heard of this Ocean Vapour company before, they look quite small. When it appears on FastTech or Focal eCig or 3FVape we'll know it's definitely available, and/or will be able to get better ETAs.

In the meantime if you want a ~ $50 TC mod there's a number to choose from on FastTech, Focal and 3FVape. Or the Heatvape Invader Mini is available in the US and Europe at about that price - using the same type of chip as most of the Chinese TC clone mods.

Last edited:

TheBloke

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2015
Brighton, UK
Purely out of interest I just emailed that Ocean Vapour place to ask if that Zero is actually in stock. It certainly says it is, and is letting me check out with it (as far as I can be bothered to go with that, anyway.)

Who knows, perhaps they do have the first units available. But I'm more expecting that they're just being naughty and letting people buy it before they actually have it. Seems odd that this little place would have it, amongst their 16 VW mods, before any of the big names even had it listed. Or maybe this shop is next door to the factory that's producing it, or is run by the factory manager's wife :)

TheBloke

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2015
Brighton, UK
Ocean Vapour said:
Hi,
Zero 60w temperature control mod in stock now,can be shipped immediatelyin 1-3 days.

Somewhat strange qualification on 'immediately' :)

But anyway, yup, they say they have it. So unless they're a complete scam shop, the Geeco is available from at least one vendor. Strange the big guys haven't got even a hint of it yet.

I'm afraid I won't be the guinea pig on this one - as much as I like collecting, I'm not paying $20 shipping from Ocean :) Besides, the Geeco doesn't have a spring loaded pin :(

refuzeandrezizt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2015
Western, KY
I got a response from Given at Geeco, and the total would be $92 delivered. Think I will pass on that. Will have to dig deeper to see the total cost with Ocean Vapor. If anyone else is interested though, they are fast to respond and Given said they would get it out without 24 hours of receiving payment.

This was the breakdown from the email on the cost:

The goods amount for 1pcs is US$58.00
The shipping freight BY dhl is US$30.00
The paypal fee is US$4.0
So the total pay amount is US$92.00

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
I did some digging as well. This is made by SXK, and its their chip. Given their track record on making chips, I would probably wait for further revisions :)

FT did get the 50W tc ones a few days ago. FC is considering adding it.

so it is likley the same chip as the latest VF clones on FT then??

TheBloke

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2015
Brighton, UK
I did some digging as well. This is made by SXK, and its their chip. Given their track record on making chips, I would probably wait for further revisions :)

OK thanks, what's your source re the board being Infinite as well?

Too late for me re waiting as I've already ordered the 50w flask, so fingers crossed I guess! First signs are good though, as the Geeco has a good review and seems to functions well. One of the bigger cons was the adjustable 510, where the flask has sprung. So as long as they've not messed that up, I think it's looking good.

Sent by fondling my slab.

nelsonm64

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2013
Kelowna, B.C.

I suspected that geeco wasn't a manufacturer and just a reseller... I bought the 50w TC zero from FT. glad to know it'll be the same chip as geeco! ordered it yesterday and it's "ready to ship". bonus :banana:

Reactions: roxynoodle

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
Guangzhou Xinghesheng Electronics Firm - Electronic cigarette,drip tip It appears to me geeco is a good sized manufacturing company. The website show facilities and lots of products in their lineup. They remind me a bit of the pbursardo videos of several other manufacturers. It also appears their TC chips are from yihi. I like the zero form factor.

TheBloke

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2015
Brighton, UK
Guangzhou Xinghesheng Electronics Firm - Electronic cigarette,drip tip It appears to me geeco is a good sized manufacturing company. The website show facilities and lots of products in their lineup. They remind me a bit of the pbursardo videos of several other manufacturers. It also appears their TC chips are from yihi. I like the zero form factor.

We are now pretty much certain that the chip in the Geeco 60W TC mod is made by Infinite/SXK - being the same chip/board used in the new Infinite 50W flasks, which I see are also on that Alibaba page.

@Croak wondered earlier if Geeco are just another offshoot/subsidiary/brand of Infinite, so them selling Infinite's flask would certainly tie with that.

(I guess your thought was based on the Yihi SX300 mod also on that Geeco Alibaba page? So yeah they do have at least one Yihi mod, though the SX300 is non-TC. But it seems certain from other evidence that the new 40-60W DNA40-clone TC chipset is made by Infinite/SXK themselves.)

TheBloke

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2015
Brighton, UK
@TheBloke, can you post the sx model you saw? I'll know if that's SXK, too.

Did you mean the chassis or chip as well? They claim it's genuine Yihi, and it's got the gravity sensor to match.

HTB1ksawHpXXXXbcaXXXq6xXFXXX9.jpg

Reactions: roxynoodle
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread