Status
Not open for further replies.

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia
I'm not sure about haz's experience, but I can share mine. I get seepage after about 2 days of use. I wouldn't call it leaking. More like seeping. And it's not after a refill.

I'm not sure if it's just built up condensation in the airflow area, and then after a tilt, it comes out, but it happens. Nothing major either. Just a drop or 2. I literally have the cotton uncomfortably packed in the juice channels too, so it's not that.

I've wicked it loosely and jam packed, and it still happens. My wicks are totally cleared from the airflow too, so it's also not because of that. I think it's genuinely an accumulation of condensation, but it should be mentioned.

I have had a similar experience, but it has not accumulated to the point where any liquid actually exits the airflow channel. I can see some wetness in the AFC ring, but not to the extent that it pools up or comes out even if I tilt the tank on its side.

I did have some seepage early on on the outside of the tank itself that was a head-scratcher as to the cause until I realized that I forgot to install the o-ring on the tank top (the separate piece that holds the tank to the chimney). The o-ring has to be there so it makes a good seal against the glass. Put it on and the seepage stopped.

Petabread

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2014
Miami, FL
I have had a similar experience, but it has not accumulated to the point where any liquid actually exits the airflow channel. I can see some wetness in the AFC ring, but not to the extent that it pools up or comes out even if I tilt the tank on its side.

I did have some seepage early on on the outside of the tank itself that was a head-scratcher as to the cause until I realized that I forgot to install the o-ring on the tank top (the separate piece that holds the tank to the chimney). The o-ring has to be there so it makes a good seal against the glass. Put it on and the seepage stopped.
Good to know! Maybe it's my build. Maybe it's too rowdy? I'm running some fused claptons in it, 0.14 build (uncommon for me to use). Maybe it's sputtering too much and is causing a build up underneath. Who knows. I'll throw a standard build in it and see how it goes. It's not a deal breaker at all, but my OCD.....lol

Also, I didn't want to say anything before I tested it further, but I cleaned off the bottom of my top cap, removed the o-ring on it, and then filled the tank a few times - I've had no juice sandwiching and no vacuum issues. Not sure if you've faced a similar juice sandwiching issue from the top cap, but that seemed to fix it for me.

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia
Thanks for the tip, @Petabread. I wasn't having any significant juice sandwiching (just love that phase!) but the o-ring was coming loose on occasion. On my last refill rather than position it back in place I took it off. Just finished the tank (the large tank) and have had no leakage or juice flow issues either in use or on the subsequent refill.

Petabread

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2014
Miami, FL
Thanks for the tip, @Petabread. I wasn't having any significant juice sandwiching (just love that phase!) but the o-ring was coming loose on occasion. On my last refill rather than position it back in place I took it off. Just finished the tank (the large tank) and have had no leakage or juice flow issues either in use or on the subsequent refill.
Glad it worked okay for you, too!

You're rocking a single coil right? If you decide to build a dual coil, I rebuilt mine last night. Longer coil legs so I could stretch the coils so they're split between the middle and side airflow holes, as opposed to being directly over the middle airflow holes.

Doing that noticably increased that flavor a bit, but also made the vape a bit warmer. I think by having the coils directly over the center airflow, the side airflow was just cooling the vapor off (and, muting flavor a little...which isn't saying much, because as it was, the flavor was on point...it's just a hair better now).

Just sharing some observations!

Buckeyevapen

ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2016
Thanks @Buckeyevapen !

I wan't sure it was the v2, but I saw the top cap in one of the pics on MVS. It's on the way.
You are welcome. Let us know what you think when it comes in. And I'm pretty sure that ALL of the Ammit duals for sale are going to include the top cap. At least it would be really "unsmart" of Geekvape to do any differently.

vexx

ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
No parts allowed
I got mine 2 days now i am really happy with my purchase easy to wick no leaks good flavor works in the short mode and in tall mode well highly recommended!! the building (figuring how long should be the coils) is a bit tricky, apart from that its a great tank! Also i was expecting to whistle but that isn't the case and even when almost closes it wasn't annoying or anything.

Reactions: Petabread

Petabread

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2014
Miami, FL
I got mine 2 days now i am really happy with my purchase easy to wick no leaks good flavor works in the short mode and in tall mode well highly recommended!! the building (figuring how long should be the coils) is a bit tricky, apart from that its a great tank! Also i was expecting to whistle but that isn't the case and even when almost closes it wasn't annoying or anything.
You're lucky! The flavor I got when I close it off to the last setting is absolutely fantastic....but then i sound like a inexperienced clarinetist.

Petabread

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2014
Miami, FL
Haha maybe its coil placement? I'll check again
Nah, I've placed the coils every way I could lol. The best I've been able to get it is halfway between the side airflow and the center airflow. Still whistles like crazy, but not as bad as being directly over the center airflow only.

Not a deal breaker at all, just can't vape it that way in bed when my girlfriend is sleeping lol.

Reactions: vexx

Buckeyevapen

ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2016
Has anyone run a single coil build on this one?

If so did you use the plug or did you center set your build like Rip?

Any issues with wicking or leaking with a single build?

I am so tempted to pick this up along with the ijoy captain and take the deep dive into building but I get 3 months out of a premade coil so...let me be frank:

*Steps on soap box:

I have been rocking the same coil in my BBB since late February so building isn't about saving on coil cost. And no, I'm not some jack o' lack who doesn't know when a coil is dead, I've been there and played that game. My vaping style just lends to long coil life. 50/50 liquid, clear and low on sugar, mid level on the wattage reqs of the coil.

I want to insulate myself from the moronic tendencies of the crap known as the federal government who believes they know how to make my choices for me, because as an ex smoker I should have chewed some gum or applied some patch or taken some pill, but instead I found the glorious world of tanks and mods and e liquid and quit naturally.

As things stand now I have until 11/08/18 before it's all ripped away so I want to know I could build if I needed. That is why I am interested in building.

*End rant.

Thank you for any information on your experience with the Ammit dual. May the 4th be with you.

Petabread

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2014
Miami, FL

I am so tempted to pick this up along with the ijoy captain and take the deep dive into building but I get 3 months out of a premade coil so...let me be frank:

*Steps on soap box:

I have been rocking the same coil in my BBB since late February so building isn't about saving on coil cost. And no, I'm not some jack o' lack who doesn't know when a coil is dead, I've been there and played that game. My vaping style just lends to long coil life. 50/50 liquid, clear and low on sugar, mid level on the wattage reqs of the coil.

I want to insulate myself from the moronic tendencies of the crap known as the federal government who believes they know how to make my choices for me, because as an ex smoker I should have chewed some gum or applied some patch or taken some pill, but instead I found the glorious world of tanks and mods and e liquid and quit naturally.

As things stand now I have until 11/08/18 before it's all ripped away so I want to know I could build if I needed. That is why I am interested in building.

*End rant.

Thank you for any information on your experience with the Ammit dual. May the 4th be with you.

I suppose you could, if you wick it right. The problem with reviewers is, you know they never fully test it. They pull it out of the box, build it and wick it once on video, then tell you to buy it. I have a big problem with that, because you hardly ever find out what the product's little quirks are. And this product has quirks.

This tank has been finicky as hell to wick. I own like, what feels like, every RTA to date (lol) so I'm no newb when it comes to wicking. But I've wicked this thing probably 50 times now and get a bit of slow leaking/seepage each time (mind you, I've even gotten so mad that I absolutely jam cotton in the channels until the cotton is almost rock solid...and STILL have gotten a leak.)

I figured it out tonight! Turns out, after building it multiple times, and changing every o-ring, and wicking it every way possible - when your wicks are nice and juicy (I mean like, the 3rd refill..like, when the cotton is so saturated and broken in, you can shape them just from touching them lol) the wicks tend to slightly shift to the left when you close the juice flow control. I guess you could say, they swell up over time and get snagged when you close the juice flow control. And alas...a small leak that ends up pooling, until it builds up and dumps.

The key (so far) is to wick it properly, wet the exposed wicks (that you see in the juice flow channel ports) and press them back IN, towards the back of the juice flow channels - this will help keep the wicks from popping out of the channels a tad, and should keep them from being affected when you close the juice flow control.

The reason I'm mentioning this to you is, because this thing can be a PITA to wick, I'd imagine you'd need a good amount of cotton to wick a single coil right (like I said...man, I jam packed it and it was still capable of leaking, with 3mm ID coils).

I apologize if this is common knowledge. I've owned a ton of RTAs with juice flow control and never had this problem before (then again, they never had wicking channels THIS massive, where one small cotton fiber getting snagged would cause your wicks to shift around). The only other tank that I faced this issue with was the Mutation X RTA - when I would screw my deck back in, the o-ring on the bottom of the glass would rub against my wicks as I turned the deck, causing the wicks to shift around.

Sorry for the long post, but I do hope it helps someone.

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia

*Steps on soap box:

*End rant.

I only have run mine in single coil. I’ll certainly try a dual soon, but so far it’s been so nice in single coil mode that I’ve stuck with it. I don’t use the spacer but rather mount the coil in the middle of the deck. I posted a pic of the build earlier in this thread.

You need a fairly fat coil to ensure there’s enough cotton. 3mm ID at an absolute minimum.

Sorry to hear of your wicking problems, @Petabread. I’ve yet to have a leak on mine. The AFC can get a little moist (e.g., I can see moisture on it) but not to the point where an actual drop comes out. My method of wicking for a single coil is to cut the wicks long, pull it through the juice flow hole until there’s a half inch or so sticking out, cut it nearly flush to the outside of the hole, gently poke it back so nothing is sticking out, and fluff the wick so the entire hole is covered.

I absolutely agree with your point about reviewers, but on the flip side, it’s hard to test a tank as you would a mod since there are so many build-related variables. For example, I’m using a Tesla Carrate 24 at the moment. Love this little guy. Outstanding flavor, zero leaking even though it lacks JFC. The build quality is just average but it’s one of my go-to tanks. The reviews on it, however, are so-so at best. On the flip side, lots and lots of rave reviews about the Aromamizer. I have never been able to get that **!#’ing thing to produce anything close to a decent vape.

Petabread

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2014
Miami, FL
I only have run mine in single coil. I’ll certainly try a dual soon, but so far it’s been so nice in single coil mode that I’ve stuck with it. I don’t use the spacer but rather mount the coil in the middle of the deck. I posted a pic of the build earlier in this thread.

You need a fairly fat coil to ensure there’s enough cotton. 3mm ID at an absolute minimum.

Sorry to hear of your wicking problems, @Petabread. I’ve yet to have a leak on mine. The AFC can get a little moist (e.g., I can see moisture on it) but not to the point where an actual drop comes out. My method of wicking for a single coil is to cut the wicks long, pull it through the juice flow hole until there’s a half inch or so sticking out, cut it nearly flush to the outside of the hole, gently poke it back so nothing is sticking out, and fluff the wick so the entire hole is covered.

I absolutely agree with your point about reviewers, but on the flip side, it’s hard to test a tank as you would a mod since there are so many build-related variables. For example, I’m using a Tesla Carrate 24 at the moment. Love this little guy. Outstanding flavor, zero leaking even though it lacks JFC. The build quality is just average but it’s one of my go-to tanks. The reviews on it, however, are so-so at best. On the flip side, lots and lots of rave reviews about the Aromamizer. I have never been able to get that **!#’ing thing to produce anything close to a decent vape.
You know, thinking about it now, maybe this thing would be easier to wick in single coil mode (the way Rip did it). Since you wouldn't have as much cotton in there as you would with a dual coil 3mm coils, the wicks shouldn't swell so much to where they could protrude from the juice ports. Should be smaller room for error.

And yea, I get you on the reviewers, there's just some of them (especially with this tank in particular) that I watch their review/build, and I'm like, "did you literally just review this out of the box??" I watched one from, I think Wicked Wattage or something, and dude said to lightly put the cotton in the juice channels, and don't worry about the wicks totally covering up the juice ports (he had his wicks cut about halfway down the channels). I did that on mine and the tank just dumped out on my mod (thank god for DIY).

But all is well with mine now. Filled it up 4 or 5 times now, not even a moist AFC ring.

Reactions: MMW

vexx

ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
No parts allowed
Ive had it about a week now, not impressed! I get alot of seepage on the base of the tank and as a result my mod. Just about to install fresh build for like the fourth time this week as flavour is just muted.

Wish me luck fella's.
Mine does the same no leaks just ejuice under the rta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread