Geek Vape Avocado 24

Status
Not open for further replies.

davevape55

ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2015
Nevada City, CA.
www.google.com
A quick question, sure, but it can't be answered quickly..

Size of the atomiser matters: reduced chamber means the vapour does not have that far to travel. This is generally why short profile attys deliver a warmer, and at most times, a more flavourful vape. A bigger chamber allows more air to circulate inside the chamber, and so the vape will be cooler.

Size of airflow: the bigger the airflow, the cooler the vape will be. This is generally why one can try more crazy builds because the airflow will be sufficient in keeping your crazy build from heating up too much. Smaller airflow is more ideal for restricitve lung or mtl hits. Generally big airflow is married with a big chamber, and small airflow with smaller chambers.

Bottom airflow: it is believed airflow feeding in from underneath your coil is best as it catches most of the vapour and directs it towards your mouth.

Side airflow: another effective method; however, it's best to place the coil either directly lined up with the airflow slots, or slight above so air can still get underneath the coil.

Top airflow: the trickiest to get right. Indirect airflow is not ideal; however, if the design still manages to direct the air to your coil, then all the better. In this case air is difficult to get underneath your coil, and so you run the risk of cooking the juice, or even burning the cotton inside the coil at high temps.

That's my general knowledge thus far.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Yes. Agreed in description. As with the gasoline carburetors of yester year, the venturi effect of air flow thru an enclosed chamber creates a vacuum. Therefore feeding the juice into the wick and up to the coil. The farther the air flow has to travel to its ends(your mouth). The more you can tune it's capabilities to draw vapor. Like an engine we suck air%vapor thru a device. An engine gasoline needs air/fuel in order to propel us. The carburetor provides this. The venturi effect of that, feeds the cylinders that explode. We want a different outcome(of course). The satisfaction or experience of flavor/vapor being total goal. But both the gasoline engine and human fufillment have many things in common(my logic only). 2 mixtures involved, and the metering thru an enclosed device. The 2 devices are similair but not similair (I know doesn't make sense,. right! ). But the principals do. How do I get the best efficient outcome?The design of the atomizer(size) dictates this. So I tend to see if it makes sense to me when I look at a new device. It would seem at times we are still experimenting as a new technology. At least I see it that way to me only. Thanks for this. I hope I haven't put you off any. I tend to elaborate(too long) in discussion at times.

Reactions: KayP

KayP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2015
Gold Coast, QLD, AUS
Yes. Agreed in description. As with the gasoline carburetors of yester year, the venturi effect of air flow thru an enclosed chamber creates a vacuum. Therefore feeding the juice into the wick and up to the coil. The farther the air flow has to travel to its ends(your mouth). The more you can tune it's capabilities to draw vapor. Like an engine we suck air%vapor thru a device. An engine gasoline needs air/fuel in order to propel us. The carburetor provides this. The venturi effect of that, feeds the cylinders that explode. We want a different outcome(of course). The satisfaction or experience of flavor/vapor being total goal. But both the gasoline engine and human fufillment have many things in common(my logic only). 2 mixtures involved, and the metering thru an enclosed device. The 2 devices are similair but not similair (I know doesn't make sense,. right! ). But the principals do. How do I get the best efficient outcome?The design of the atomizer(size) dictates this. So I tend to see if it makes sense to me when I look at a new device. It would seem at times we are still experimenting as a new technology. At least I see it that way to me only. Thanks for this. I hope I haven't put you off any. I tend to elaborate(too long) in discussion at times.
Haha I do understand!

And I thought my post had chased everyone away :)

Reactions: davevape55

davevape55

ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2015
Nevada City, CA.
www.google.com
Has anyone got their hands on this bad boy yet (Avocado 24)?

No not I. Rip Tripper tends to scare me at times(actually love the guy). His mention of air flow(coming in) millimeters from the coil.I have some challenges to that. That's all.

davevape55

ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2015
Nevada City, CA.
www.google.com
everywhere i see is preorder... but usually 3FVAPE.COM gets a lot of things in stock faster
I see they today mentioned they can begin shipping the Advocado. 24's from 3F Vape. Waiting for my Serpent mini's from them before I order anything else. But a 24 top fill sounds tempting.

davevape55

ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2015
Nevada City, CA.
www.google.com
There are just too many atties and mods coming out (insert joke here). I'll go broke if I buy anymore...

Yep. There coming at us 180 miles per hour. Why can't they just give me the best one they can make. Then I can buy a dozen and save all the boats in China fuel. Makes perfect sense to me.

Blue S

May 6, 2016
In the end, the design quality of the atomiser matters.

I use my Griffin when I want chuck clouds whilst enjoying lovely flavour.

I use my Avocado for a more intense vape and flavour. Sure I can still blow clouds, but not as much as with the Griffin.

IMO

hello, new user here
can you recommend me a single coil build for the 22mm avocado.
i have a single micro 8 wrap 24*32 clapton 3mm ID, dual wide airflow slot on mine but it is too hot and taste burnt at a higher watt, muted and lack of vapor at a lower watt.
thanks

KayP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2015
Gold Coast, QLD, AUS
hello, new user here
i have a single micro 8 wrap 24*32 clapton 3mm ID, dual wide airflow slot on mine but it is too hot and taste burnt at a higher watt, muted and lack of vapor at a lower watt.
thanks
Hi and welcome Blue. Nothing sounds wrong with your build. In fact, I'm still rocking my Avo with a single coil clapton build, and I'm also using the ceramic block to restrict the other airflow slot.

Clapton coils do generally require high watts. Hot burnt taste would mean that either you are giving it too much power and/or it is not wicking well. At which watts are you having the issues? And you may have to post some pictures of your build deck so we can have a better look.

Reactions: Blue S

davevape55

ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2015
Nevada City, CA.
www.google.com
hello, new user here
thanks
I have been doing dual 24ga. 8-9 wraps with 3.0 inside diameter(macro) slightly spaced kanthal A1... Keep legs short. Seems okay. Simple and quick but recommend your wick not to tight or long. Just past juice slots 1/2 inch. Another I'm about to try is called the boneyard given to me by USMCotacko. Simple barely twisted hammered 24 ga. flattened with jewelers hammer. 5-6 turns. Havent purchased jewelers hammer yet so need one and hardened metal block(flat). But I may just wing it another way for today. Hope this helps. Check Rip Trippers videos on utube for coil builds. Best way to learn.

Reactions: Blue S

Blue S

May 6, 2016
thanks to everyone for the advice ^^
here is my build
2LEB2Q4.jpg

XHKJ7LA.jpg

I just trim the coil legs a little bit right before taking these photos, so the coil move further from the air hole, not sure if it help at all :D
I am currently vaping at 35-40w
And sorry for my english, it's not my native language.

davevape55

ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2015
Nevada City, CA.
www.google.com
@davevape55 I run my wicks all the way to the bottom of the juice well :)

Edit: Picture of Your Setup Part 3!
I'm vaping my Avo 22 dry then I'll rewick it with fresh cotton.
Oh really. All the way down? Okay I first did this, but watched Rip Tripper wick the 24. So I wicked the 22 about an inch down past the air flow ring where I could see the wick. Thanks

KayP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2015
Gold Coast, QLD, AUS
Oh really. All the way down? Okay I first did this, but watched Rip Tripper wick the 24. So I wicked the 22 about an inch down past the air flow ring where I could see the wick. Thanks
Yes, all the way to bottom of the juice well. It works a treat in single coil mode.

davevape55

ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2015
Nevada City, CA.
www.google.com
Yes, all the way to bottom of the juice well. It works a treat in single coil mode.

Great will do. I have been doing dual 24ga. so will do a single. I really want to get the Advocado.24 but still waiting for 2 serpent mini's to get here, .i guess it's time to get one in the US.

davevape55

ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2015
Nevada City, CA.
www.google.com
I'll wait a little on the Avo 24 and Serpent Mini. I ended up getting the Boreas, Griff 25 and Aroma Supreme.

Nice! I was looking at the Aromizer RDTA v2 NWvapes has it for $25.Seems a good price. I like the stubbies so a black 3ml is my choice. Should look good on my skx zero mini mod(black). I sure like these zero mini's 60watt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread