Geek Vape Avocado 24

Status
Not open for further replies.

MadVLN

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2016
Central WA State
hard to say what i like better about the Limitless. i think the build is easier, the wicking is easier. more juice capacity, and i just feel like both the flavor and vapor are just a hair more satisfying. i am vaping both with the similar build, but not exact. using same A1 28/32 clapton wire, 3mm ID. 8 wraps with the Avo and 10 wraps with the Limitless. on both i have coils raised just above the air slots. vaping both with AFC half closed and centered on coils. using wide bore 510 Dotmod clone tip on the Avo and using the stock chuff reducer on the Limitless.

about .6ohm on the Avo and .8ohm on the Limitless if i remember right. both 60-80w. anything higher, i'm getting hot lips on both.

i just feel like on my limitless, when i take a good pull in my head i'm like "mmmm that's delicious".

on the Avo so far, at first i was like "whoa, that doens't taste right". then after a while i was like "i think it tastes normal now". i think i just need a little more time with it. and actually vape them head to head.

VAP8

Aug 4, 2014
Beijing
IMO, the avocado 24 non-portability is not because it 'might' leak, it is more because it comes apart too easily. the top part is held on the deck only by o-rings. With a little condensate moisture /oil, it slides off too easily.
Not sure anyone mentioned this, seems to be a non-issue to everyone who praise it's great flavor, which is great BTW. A fantastic desk geni style 'keep at home' rta.
Why not screw mount instead?

Reactions: TrollDragon

KayP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2015
Gold Coast, QLD, AUS
IMO, the avocado 24 non-portability is not because it 'might' leak, it is more because it comes apart too easily. the top part is held on the deck only by o-rings. With a little condensate moisture /oil, it slides off too easily.
Not sure anyone mentioned this, seems to be a non-issue to everyone who praise it's great flavor, which is great BTW. A fantastic desk geni style 'keep at home' rta.
Why not screw mount instead?
The top cap on my Avo 22 and 24 fits snug and doesn't come off easily. It's not unusual for GeekVape, in fact any mass factory produced, products to show inconsistencies. You could try fatter o-rings, or apply a thin tape into the o-ring grooves. It might help.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

KayP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2015
Gold Coast, QLD, AUS
I have a comment to make and a question to ask regarding the Avocado and drip tips. But first, drip tips and other tanks in general..

I have tanks such as the Griffin 22 and 24, Aromamizer Supreme and other ones which came with a defaut wide bore drip tip. I have found that if I use a narrower drip tip, such as the DotMod clones (which is still wide bore, but not as much), that the flavour is improved. And in essence this makes sense as you are creating a narrow channel for the flavour and vapour to travel through, which in the process intensifies the flavour.

Back to the Avocado: I have tried changing the drip tips many times, but find myself returning to the default wide bore delrin ones because oddly enough that is when I get the most and the best flavour. This I admit is quite odd as it goes against the above mentioned theory.

Is anyone else experiencing the same?

SammyS

Mar 4, 2015
MN
Just a quick warning. I ordered replacement glass tanks for my Avocado 24 from Fastte....

They are too short and will not seal. I tried them on both of my Avocado 24s to make sure the error was not mine.

Also, I have a user question for everyone. My silver 24 is perfect, but my black 24's dual orings on the base are so tight that it will not fully cap. I have tried everything from lubbing the orings to switching them with the spares in the box. Nothing seems to help. The atomizer works properly, but there is about a 3mm gap on the bottom of the cap that drives me batty. Anyone else have this issue or figure something out? The Problem of course is that every time I fill it, it takes a substantial amount of force to get the top on. All this force is being put on my attys 510 which is not cool.

VAP8

Aug 4, 2014
Beijing
My top cap is snug as well and takes force to remove it. My AFC on the other hand spins way too easily when it gets a little moisture.
replying to this and everyone else who said top cap is snug. This is what mine is like, it gets like that with minimal force, like by picking up from top cap with the weight of the mod below it (before it drops off completely:eek:). Doesn't need a heavy mod, will drop off attached to IPV D2 and Cloupor Mini+ too
share.jpg

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
replying to this and everyone else who said top cap is snug. This is what mine is like, it gets like that with minimal force, like by picking up from top cap with the weight of the mod below it (before it drops off completely:eek:). Doesn't need a heavy mod, will drop off attached to IPV D2 and Cloupor Mini+ too
You should either send it back to where you bought it for exchange, or use bigger (thicker) o-rings on the base.

Have you tried the spares that come with it?

Reactions: MadVLN

MadVLN

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2016
Central WA State
yah, mine is snug for sure. troll, my AFC is pretty loose as well. can you separate the AFC ring from the topcap? I tried and couldn't do it.

i like the dot mod tips on my Avocado. i took the gold one off and put a black one on there. i'm enjoying it.

i havent even tried either of the stock tips. maybe i'll give them a try this weekend.

KayP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2015
Gold Coast, QLD, AUS
yah, mine is snug for sure. troll, my AFC is pretty loose as well. can you separate the AFC ring from the topcap? I tried and couldn't do it.
It's press fit, so I wouldn't even try. If you manage to seperate the two (you'll most likely have to use pliers), you may not be able to put it back together.
i like the dot mod tips on my Avocado. i took the gold one off and put a black one on there. i'm enjoying it.

i havent even tried either of the stock tips. maybe i'll give them a try this weekend.
I'm trying out a DotMod clone DT on my Avo 24 and the stock SS DT on the Avo 22. I'm already missing the flavour. To me it is tasting muted.

Lizard King

Jun 4, 2016
Just bought an avocado 24 this afternoon. What can I say..........wow! Just wow. This thing is magnificent. I'm a convert. Seriously. Huge deck. Single or dual coil. Looks good. AFC is excellent. Flavour is insane. I found it easy to wick (so far so good). Love it. Been underwhelmed by the last two RTAs I bought, an OBS crius and a Lemo 2, but the Avocado lives up to expectations.

I now want two or three of these wee monsters. And I'll definitely be trying other genesis RTAs.

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada

Like KayP said, it's press fit so you'll destroy something in the process. Really too bad today that a lot of these manufacturers are resorting to press fit. I like to be able to totally disassemble an RTA for cleaning and on a lot of these it is just not possible.

I put the big bore drip back in the box, installed the 510 DT adapter an a DT Heatsink with my Goblin Mini V2's DT. The 24's 510 DT fits perfectly on my Hobo 3.1 and looks excellent, so it lives there for now. :D

Lizard King

Jun 4, 2016
I don't like how the posts are off center on the 24 and the top cap slots will not perfectly line up with dual coils unless you offset the coils. Then the juice holes are not exactly under the ends of the coils... :lol:

First world problems, or just OCD? :D
Ocd mate. I'm a bit like that too. Messed about with my wee single micro coil for ages trying to get it exactly level and centered.

KayP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2015
Gold Coast, QLD, AUS
Just checked my Avo 24 and it still has the original build in it, which is not centered. And now I am understanding that if you center the coils, you'll offset it with relation to the JF holes. I'll keep my build for now, but if you want centered, just bend the legs of your coils. It's not difficult; I have two Freakshows. Alternatively could try a vertical build?

VAP8

Aug 4, 2014
Beijing
You should either send it back to where you bought it for exchange, or use bigger (thicker) o-rings on the base.

Have you tried the spares that come with it?
I tried the spare, same thing. It is not exactly what I would describe as loose, it is just not designed for picking up from top cap. Just this aspect makes it non-portable for me.

Another annoyance: how the heck do you rinse the coils, with the deck screw on to the tank, and avoid getting water in the tank? routine cleaning looks like it's going to be a pain, unless someone has some grand ideas.

FWIW, with the subtank mini, I never needed to clean the tank, there was no reflux of soiled juice from the deck to the tank, since the subtank mini did not need the under pressure/release effect of suction to draw liquid to the mesh (kayfun style). Cleaning the deck + dry burning the coil was the only maintenance needed.

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
I have a container of water that I dip the atty in upside down when dry burning for a rinse. Shake off the excess water and dry burn again to dry off the coil.

I am not overly impressed with the 24. I have a real difficult time for some bizarre reason wicking the 24 and I hate something that you have to fiddle with to make work. Having to jog/shuffle the top cap and AFC around in small increments to get rid of the annoying whistle also grates on my OCD.

I piffed the Theorem because of the PiTA filling method and should look into trading my 24 for a Limitless

MadVLN

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2016
Central WA State
I have a container of water that I dip the atty in upside down when dry burning for a rinse. Shake off the excess water and dry burn again to dry off the coil.

I am not overly impressed with the 24. I have a real difficult time for some bizarre reason wicking the 24 and I hate something that you have to fiddle with to make work. Having to jog/shuffle the top cap and AFC around in small increments to get rid of the annoying whistle also grates on my OCD.

I piffed the Theorem because of the PiTA filling method and should look into trading my 24 for a Limitless

i like my avo24 but still like my Limitless more :) i've wicked my avocado only twice so far, but with good success. i use a fair amount of cotton, but keep the tails short, just coming through the deck/juice holes, but not in the tank like many others do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread