geek vape avocado genesis style RTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Annie56

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2013
Beside cutting the mesh diagonally, I tend to roll Uwicks around a strand of thick-ish Kanthal. Makes it easy bending it into shape and have it stay that way. This is probably more useful for drippers, tho... as the wick isn't held in place by anything other than the coil. Either way it may help retaining shape while wrapping the coil.
Just out of curiosity--do you leave your kanthal wire in there after you wrap?

Annie56

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2013
I'm kind of interested in it. I have the Fodi and two Nectars. I do build them as RTAs though (so far). My attempts at mesh U wicks have been dismal, but I've been given some pointers now so may try again.

I've also debated using mesh feeder straws with rayon wicks through the coils. I think that might make them super easy to wick.

I like weird new stuff that's different from everything else :)
If you ever get a u wick going, Roxy--please share!! I need some pointers for mesh u wick coil setups!!

Reactions: roxynoodle

Highwayman1224

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2012
Goodyear, AZ
Wow really?! Who cares how someone else builds something? If someone wants to use cotton instead of mesh in your precious genesis atty so be it!
Yer welcome. Sorry to rant like that, but I'm one of those old school genny purists, who don't take kindly to the term being diluted, spun, twisted, or misused. The worst offense is to call a dripper a genny, or build a genny as a dripper. I get really offended at that stuff.

Annie56

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2013
Beside cutting the mesh diagonally, I tend to roll Uwicks around a strand of thick-ish Kanthal. Makes it easy bending it into shape and have it stay that way. This is probably more useful for drippers, tho... as the wick isn't held in place by anything other than the coil. Either way it may help retaining shape while wrapping the coil.
Hey Watt--i tried my u-wick build in my Dome. 2 u-wicks, 24 kanthal inside of them. That tip really helped, but i don't trust this clone enough to pulse it out, even tho i'm using a fuse. But definitely will give this a go. Maybe even in my Aga T+ that has the silica post yanked out!!Peace!!

Reactions: WattWick

WattWick

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2013
Cold Norway
Hey Watt--i tried my u-wick build in my Dome. 2 u-wicks, 24 kanthal inside of them. That tip really helped, but i don't trust this clone enough to pulse it out, even tho i'm using a fuse. But definitely will give this a go. Maybe even in my Aga T+ that has the silica post yanked out!!Peace!!

Happy to hear you found it useful :)

I have a Dome clone myself, but it hasn't seen much use. I expected (and read somewhere) that the insulators would melt, so I removed them first thing. Then there's this problem with the wick holes being so massive and the negative thumb screws so big, leaving hardly any room for a coil in between. I've more or less written it off as a dud.

Reactions: Annie56

Annie56

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2013
Yes, WattWick!!!
I ordered a couple Domes from FT. Noticed how the deck is really crowded with the neg thumbscrews. Went ahead with my build. I think that the 2 u-wick 2 coil i saw may have been on the GKMF.
Around a month ago, did this build. Started pulsing, everything was fine. mod then got 'electric-stove-burner' HOT. Spark was shooting out from the deck/center pin. The pos pin insulator melted. Potentially very dangerous!!
And even if i succeeded at this build, the vape would be all weird because of how crowded the deck is. If i get the itch to do another U wick, i'll prolly just do it on the Aga T.
Cheers!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread