Geekvape Avocado RTA review

Status
Not open for further replies.

cgunes

Nov 2, 2013
Mersin , Turkey

Snapshot_20151228_22.jpg

The Avocado is manufactured by Geekvape. The Geekvape company is entering the market with three high quality atomizers. " Griffin , Aeolus and Avocado".

The Avocado rta from Geekvape is a Genesis tank with Velocity style dual post design deck. This full 22mm sized deck is perfect for easily building fancy coil setups . It is the easiest to rebuild rta deck . It has a 3ml tank section on the bottom. four 4,5 mm sized holes for your wicks. A dome shaped top cap is used to increase the flavor. It has airflow control with multi settings.
Snapshot_20151228_9.jpg

It has 22mm diameter and 33mm height (excluding the drip tip and thread) which makes it very short for a tank. This compact sized RTA is no bigger than a normal sized RDA.

It has a ceramic baffle part with an airhole in it. This baffle reduces the chamber size in single coil configurations which increases the flavor. It also directs the air coming from the opposite side of the coil right onto the coil. The baffle has two plugs built on it , which are used for plugging the unused fill holes during single coil use.
Snapshot_20151228_7.jpg

In a dual coil configuration , you use all the four holes for wicking. This leaves no extra hole for filling. But after a few tries mastering the technique , it is not difficult to use one of the occupied wick holes for refilling. You have to squeeze the wick a little to make some room for the eliquid to flow. Then fluff the wick with a needle again.
Snapshot_20151228_5.jpg

I used the Geekvape 521 tab for taking these pictures and rebuilding the Avocado RTA. It is good sized for supporting your atomizer while rebuilding your coils and has enough weight to be stable. Works with a single 18650 battery. Can measure resistance between 0,01 ohms – 9,9 ohms. Has a fire function so you can dryburn or remove hotspots while the atomizer is threaded on it. Can fire down to 0,1 ohm coils. Also it has very good looks.
Snapshot_20151228_1.jpg

For Clapton single coil setup , I used the 28ga*2+32ga Clapton wire from Geekvape. This wire has two 28ga Kanthal A1 ‘s side by side and 32ga Kanthal A1 wire is wrapped over them. This gives it an oval shape rather than a circular shape which increases the contact surface to the wick.

Prepared a 7 wraps clapton coil with 3mm inner diameter. Because of this being a genesis tank , you leave the ends of your wicks longer so you can stuff it in the wick holes down to the bottom of your tank.

With a single Clapton coil setup , the flavor is very good between 30-35 watts.
Snapshot_20151228_12.jpg

Snapshot_20151228_14.jpg

Snapshot_20151228_16.jpg

Snapshot_20151228_20.jpg

Snapshot_20151228_21.jpg

Also tested it with 0,32 mm Kanthal coil 2,5 mm inner diameter 9 wraps at 15-17,5 watts. With the airflow setting way down to test for mouth inhale type vaping. Avocado RTA is also suitable for mouth inhale type vaping with very good flavor inspite of the low wattage. Video of it;

I also tested it with a dual Clapton coil , 7 wraps with 3mm inner diameter. Can be vaped at 70-75 watts without dry hits and it has the best flavor I have experienced so far.
You can see Avocado deck side by side with a Velocity RDA deck in the video. Refilling with dual coil setups also can be seen in the video. After a few tries you can master the filling method.

The Avocado RTA has very good looks and it is very tiny for a tank. Has a full RDA sized build deck which makes building fancy coils very easy. It may be the easiest RTA deck to build on. With 4,5 mm wick holes it has very good liquid feeding , so less chance of dry hits. 3ml of liquid capacity is not much and this results in frequent refills.

The flavor it produces is very good and in a dual Clapton coil setup , it has exceptionally good flavor production .

In a dual coil setup , you have to use one of the occupied wick holes for refilling , this is not hard but a dedicated fill hole would be better.

It comes with ; extra glass tank , extra ceramic baffle , extra o-rings and hardware .
DSC05930.jpg

Geekvape 521 tab is used for supporting your atomizer while rebuilding your coils . It has good size and has enough weight to be stable. Works with a single 18650 battery. Can measure resistance between 0,01 ohms – 9,9 ohms. Has a fire function so you can dryburn or remove hotspots while the atomizer is threaded on it. Can fire down to 0,1 ohm coils. Also it has very good looks.
DSC05933.jpg
DSC05936.jpg

This is my first try in doing an English review and English is not my native language. Sorry if there are any mistakes using the language.

LevineDelta

May 8, 2015
Just picked up this RTA last night, its an amazing RTA. Personally i love drippers for the flavor and the only con i would mention is this is not a carry in your pocket tank. Leaking is a 100% problem, think of it like this; you have a regular RDA that you just saturated completely then you put it on its side without taking a hit or using it.. its going to leak out of the airflow holes... now if you have a tank of juice with no way to shut off when not in use.. its even worse because there is no way to block it from flooding.

What i do so i can carry it without it leaking, first i just don't use the tank option, i wick the cotton 50% down into the tank, then i drip slowly until i can see even the cotton thats hanging is nicely saturated, then i vape it like crazy (20+ hits) i use 316 SS coil and set it in TC mode and vape it until all the cotton is dry then shove it back in my pocket... if you want to only take a few hits out of it... just drip on the coil and the top part of the cotton like a normal RDA. If you like the tank option, just keep it upright!

CanadiVape

Feb 10, 2016
Just picked up this RTA last night, its an amazing RTA. Personally i love drippers for the flavor and the only con i would mention is this is not a carry in your pocket tank. Leaking is a 100% problem, think of it like this; you have a regular RDA that you just saturated completely then you put it on its side without taking a hit or using it.. its going to leak out of the airflow holes... now if you have a tank of juice with no way to shut off when not in use.. its even worse because there is no way to block it from flooding.

What i do so i can carry it without it leaking, first i just don't use the tank option, i wick the cotton 50% down into the tank, then i drip slowly until i can see even the cotton thats hanging is nicely saturated, then i vape it like crazy (20+ hits) i use 316 SS coil and set it in TC mode and vape it until all the cotton is dry then shove it back in my pocket... if you want to only take a few hits out of it... just drip on the coil and the top part of the cotton like a normal RDA. If you like the tank option, just keep it upright!

That's why I like the Griffin, since you can close off the juice flow and the air flow.

LevineDelta

May 8, 2015
I made a choice last night for 2 new vape items and decided on the Avocado instead of the Griffin and i also got the Serpent by Wotofo because i've heard a lot of good things regarding the flavor and if you're a fan of Stainless Steel or Single Coil builds, its great! Unfortunately i need to find the best way to wick the Serpent RTA because im getting a lot of dry hits and also for some reason I keep getting (Atomizer Short) so i have to take the tank off then put it back on and it works again...

Marmaduke

ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Essen, Germany
I decided I didn't like the looks of cotton in the tank. Looks like a drowned sheep. Also,it is a pita to change the cotton when you want to rewick or to dryburn the coil.
Mine runs with mesh now, works great.

Attachments

• 211201620555.jpg
    211201620555.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 837
  • 21220160120.jpg
    21220160120.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 907
Reactions: KayP

Marmaduke

ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Essen, Germany
@Clydde26 , yes , exactly like that. The end of the cotton tails rest on the mesh, you wrap it like under the coil with the tails. I pushed it a little bit on top of the mesh, to make it leak proof. Even when you haven't put liquid on the fresh cotton yet, you can see that the mesh draws the liquid and it gets transported into the cotton immediately. Liquid transport is great. No dry hits. But I didn't have any before either.
Next test will be with ESS/Stainless Steel rope.,Is that the word in English? Sorry, I don't know the correct term for that. I mean the stainless steel rope like in the Genius 2 from German Stil Vapours. You need it in 4mm 7x7 strings, 1,6 cm long. It is a bit tricky though to cut it that short without loosening the strands

A fellow forum member in ERF has it in test right how and it looks even better. I am waiting for my husband to shorten the pieces of rope that I bought.

So far I am quite happy with the mesh. I even think the taste is better. Otherwise you have this huge amount of cotton that,needs to lose its typical cotton flavour before you get the really nice taste of the liquid. Even with Japanese Cotton like Puff.

Marmaduke

ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Essen, Germany
@Clydde26 , I roll them tight between two fingers and put them into the juice channel holes. They are about 10,5 cm x1,6cm. If they don't fit, you can shorten them a bit and roll again. I think if you do them too lose, like straws, the little buggar won't be leak proof any more.
Sorry, I wanted to post a link from the ERF, but it doesn't work

Last edited:
Reactions: Clydde26
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread