Geekvape Mech Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kids-at-711

Apr 23, 2017
Hmmm. I know you can take the clear cover/windows off, not sure about the button, corkscrew and plates. Have yet to see it done.
Yeah you can take it all apart, the switch is actually spring loaded by the conductors, there is a locking collar that appears to be a stop to keep the switch in, as well as hold the conductors in for the negative side. All the conductors have small bridge type clamps where they connect to other pieces.

Reactions: Ben85 and MMW

MaxximusRevelation

ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2016
So I ordered the Mech Pro Kit yesterday as the Mech Pro I ordered two weeks ago was on pre order until the 30th. Checked my email today to see that both orders have now been shipped today hahaha:censored:..

Now I will have one to keep nice and one to treat as a beater when I go out the house. Not super hyped for the Medusa RDTA, but I have had set ups surprise me before.

Mostly excited to own a parrallel mod, build for around .3-.4ohm, throw some LG HG2's in there, and forget what a charger is for a day or two haha.

MaxximusRevelation

ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2016
Dont expect to be surprised by the Medusa, it's meh at best. Cool platform, but poorly thought out Imo.

Figured as much. I only use my Goon and Twisted Messes/Compvape rda's so my expectation has been set pretty high. Don't have any real interest in the "tank" aspect of it either as dripping has never bothered me and I actually enjoy it.

Kids-at-711

Apr 23, 2017
Figured as much. I only use my Goon and Twisted Messes/Compvape rda's so my expectation has been set pretty high. Don't have any real interest in the "tank" aspect of it either as dripping has never bothered me and I actually enjoy it.
I love the goon, I used it on the Mech-pro for a few hours until I decided to try the ijoy 5 on it. I was hooked after that.

I will say tho, the Medusa uses the larger allen screws that are solid, never once felt like they may strip out.

r055co

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Seattle
There seems to be alot of opinionated argument about mech's vs unreg's lol, so I just say what I think will bring the least amount of argument about. Most people freak if you refer to anything other than a tube with a hybrid cap as a mech.
It's actually pretty simple

Mech's are
No Wires
No Chips
No Solder

Unregulated
Chips like a Mosfet
Wiring
Solder

The Solder "could" be debated a bit I guess.

r055co

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Seattle
There seems to be alot of opinionated argument about mech's vs unreg's lol, so I just say what I think will bring the least amount of argument about. Most people freak if you refer to anything other than a tube with a hybrid cap as a mech.
But don't just take my word for it -

Most vapers dont know what a hybrid mod is because people use incorrect terminology.

Direct to battery mods are not hybrids.
Hybrids have dedicated atomizers and no 510 THREADS.
Hybrids do not have a "top cap".
The atomizer attaches to the body of the device.

Direct to battery mods were originally called "Faux Hybrids" because they simulated the flush look of a hybrid device.
Today they look nothing like a hybrid mod.
They are direct-to-battery mechs.
Not hybrids.

Vape safe.
Know your gear

Yep, shame when I refer to "direct to battery" Mod I usually get the deer in the headlights look.

Reactions: Bad Ninja

r055co

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Seattle
I am not ignorant to this personally. Unregulated vs Mech I know, but I wasnt 100% sure on the hybrids until now.
yeah, hear ya about the hybrid. Thing is now as I mentioned in the post above if I use "direct to battery" term I just get the deer in the headlights look. So I will then use hybrid style sometimes, it's just because I really am getting tired of explaining "and" like anything in any language, it evolves (or in a lot of cases devolves) ;)

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
yeah, hear ya about the hybrid. Thing is now as I mentioned in the post above if I use "direct to battery" term I just get the deer in the headlights look. So I will then use hybrid style sometimes, it's just because I really am getting tired of explaining "and" like anything in any language, it evolves (or in a lot of cases devolves) ;)

I get frustrated as well.
It's the fault of schools not teaching critical thinking skills, and aklowing the playground (youtube) to act as a classroom.

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
Id be alot more interested if it didn't have the carbon fiber and .... if they had some nice wood panels or even just plain non logo'd colored panels

Duh.
Carbon fiber panels give 10% more HP.
Add stickers, fart pipe and a spoiler and you can be a bona fide street racer.

:p

Kids-at-711

Apr 23, 2017
So I started having a problem with mine over the weekend. The button is getting really hot, it started yesterday little by little. When I got to work this morning I had to cut my hit short as it got hot enough for me to have to take my finger off the button.

I googled and couldnt find anybody else complaining about this, guess I'll take it apart tonight and see if I can find the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread