Status
Not open for further replies.

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
Oh, I'm not sure about that 'putting up with stuff' part... I mean, i don't have to flood your table/lap/etc with juice to have a good vape. It's just me being a sloppy dripper, especially while gaming, I mean, who has the time to keep up with when was the last time you refilled and how much did you refill, while you're amidst a boss fight in Witcher 3, lol! :D
Ha! That's exactly the putting-up-with stuff I am talking about! I really need a vape band that says "Sloppy Happens." :D

Taowulf

ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2014
Bend OR
This doesn't look like it'd be great for anything other than squonking. The bottom air flow holes look like if dripped from the top that you'd get juice in the ports. Am I missing something?

I would think dripping between the posts would be your best bet. And with coils over the air holes, that should help as well. Sure, if you came in from the side, you might have a problem, but that is easy to avoid.

Reactions: cooladdict

v1ks_

Has a pretty generic custom title
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2015
Latvia
This doesn't look like it'd be great for anything other than squonking. The bottom air flow holes look like if dripped from the top that you'd get juice in the ports. Am I missing something?

The fact that the juice well is massive helps a lot with this "issue". It's almost silly how much cotton you can stuff in this thing and how much juice it holds. Spills are mostly a problem if you're using both the 22 and 24 versions at the same time (which I am - when batteries for RX200S are charging, I'm using XCII with 22mm Tsunami) and don't pay attention how much you're dripping (which does happen to me, haha) OR when you don't pay attention how fast you're dripping (which also tends to happen to me, heh). Obviously, if you overdoit, it doesn't matter how deep the juice well is, it will overflow and come out through the air holes.

v1ks_

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2015
Latvia
I can drip around 15 drops in my 22 straight down the driptip & it won't leak.

See, that's what I mean when I'm calling myself a sloppy dripper. I've no clue how many drops my 22 or 24 holds. Besides, I DIY all of my juice and store it somewhat soft 30ml bottles. While they're full, they mostly flow when I squeeze, not drip, haha. :lol:

avpx1

ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2015
Just my 2 cents. I purchased the Dripbox 160. Really like it. Put on a Tsunami 24. Great RDA, but it seems I consistently flood it to the point where a lot of juice leaks out from the bottom air holes. I switched back to the RDA the Dripbox comes with... and no problems. I guess I squonk too much.
Anyone else having a similar issue?

v1ks_

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2015
Latvia
Just my 2 cents. I purchased the Dripbox 160. Really like it. Put on a Tsunami 24. Great RDA, but it seems I consistently flood it to the point where a lot of juice leaks out from the bottom air holes. I switched back to the RDA the Dripbox comes with... and no problems. I guess I squonk too much.

No squonk gear i'm afraid, but I really haven't encountered any leaking issues when I'm paying attention to what I'm doing. Have a drink, watch some telly while vaping, have a drink or three and then it's a different ballgame, heh...
Just a wild guess, but, if the RDA the Dripbox came with doesn't have Kennedy style (bottom) airflow, does it? Have to take into account the fact that with the Tsunami the first batch of juice has to be absorbed by the cotton, before you actually reach the maximum juice capacity the RDA can hold. Squonk/Drip too much/too fast and sure, you'll get leaks. Something one has to deal with when getting a bottom airflow RDA methinks.

Hightech Redneck

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2015
N C
No.
Lol short answer.
I have the same setup and mine has not leaked. In my experience you would squonk after 2 or 3 decent draws. Now when you squonk don't hold it in for more than 1/2 seconds. If you look without the cap on it will flow juice as long as you are holding it in and can fill enough to go into the airflow tubes. Also with mine I don't stuff the well with cotton so that the juice can stand and be absorbed since the squonk pin is well above the well base.
Hope this will help you.

v1ks_

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2015
Latvia

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
Heh, haven't tried those. I either use ordinary paper kitchen towers, or, if I have some laying around in front of me (I usually do), these Molnlycke Mesoft Nonwoven Swabs - Selles Medical
I have a relative working in a hospital and I get plenty of these at home because they're nice for cleaning electronics and stuff... :)
Ha! It's always nice to have an "in" in the healthcare department. They have so many useful things! That's one thing I miss about working at the hospital. I am obsessed with baby wipes, though. My youngest is 20 and I have been buying them for various things since he was a baby, lol! I really dislike sticky, juicy fingers so they come in handy. :D

Reactions: v1ks_

seek2

ECF Veteran
May 25, 2014
Chicago, IL
At 1st it will probably leak until you figure it out. Not wicking right, overfilling, dripping on the coils, etc will cause leaking.

With horizontals I leave a decent amount of cotton on each end and fold them under and angle them inward towards the bottom of the tank. Then take a small screwdriver and make sure the arch is well defined, all the cotton is in there good and away from the airholes as best as possible. And channeled around them.

Drip right into the center. As accurate as possible. I do around 7-10 drops. And then let it soak up and another 7-10 more. Sometimes another 7-10 drops. But it will soak right into the coils and the heat draws the juice also. The fatter the coil(s) the better.

I rarely get leaks. Only occasionally. Not like the velocity where you can drip anywhere and as much, and it will never leak. But I like the tsunami better personally.

v1ks_

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2015
Latvia
Nope. However, it's almost certainly a borosilicate glass (think pyrex), which is a low-expansion glass and should handle temperatures over 350C (662F) just fine. Even if you do manage to get your coils up to that temperature, they are not in direct contact with the glass, nor does the glass manage to heat up that much (actually I think it would heat up less, because metals are just so much better at transfering heat...)

Haven't tried though, so can't say for sure. :)

Sirfuji

Verified Member
Aug 6, 2014
Red Deer, AB Canada
Nope. However, it's almost certainly a borosilicate glass (think pyrex), which is a low-expansion glass and should handle temperatures over 350C (662F) just fine. Even if you do manage to get your coils up to that temperature, they are not in direct contact with the glass, nor does the glass manage to heat up that much (actually I think it would heat up less, because metals are just so much better at transfering heat...)

Haven't tried though, so can't say for sure. :)
I was wondering more if it would discolor and fog up preventing seeing into the coil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread