Verified Member
Mar 11, 2016
20160503_211752.jpg

Reactions: Unexist

Heath54

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2016
Western New York
I know I am a bit late joining in on the Tsunami discussion. This is my first dripper and I purchased it because of all the good YouTube reviews. My top cap does not sit flush, at times it will and other times it will not. I can live with that. As far as leaking goes I do experience some leaking. I think it may be the o ring seal. I did find it leaks more if I drip down the center compared to just painting the coils and wick till they are fully wet. Being new at this I figure that is the way I need to do it. I am also new to building, I am using dual coil 24g kanthol 8 wraps with a 3mm ID, .39 ohms at 35 watts. I do get good flavor and vapor production. Hope everyone is having a good day.
Heath54

aalmosawi

ECF Veteran
Jan 11, 2016
Baghdad
And the reviews on YouTube I've watched so far have all been very positive. GeekVape posted that it will be released March 15th. Can't wait.
not really. grimm green did a review and he complained about the tiny space available for the cotton wicking being insufficient. also, the space for the juice to travel is narrow and too small.

ccwaters

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2013
Minnesota USA
I have two, one leaks, one does not, leaker is not caused by o-rings, stays completely dry between the two orings, the leaker no matter how careful I am even just painting the wicks it leaks, has to be coming from airflow holes, but no idea how or why. Deck will hold water overnight. The one I have that does not leak I can very sloppily dump juice right from a bottle, never leaks.

Nikea Tiber

ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2015
I bought a stainless steel tsunami 22 from my local B&M yesterday. I've been keen to try this atty since it was announced, but I already have over a dozen different RDAs, so it was easy for me to not order one.
Not so easy for me to pass up when I can have it immediately.
Anyhow, I have one now. It is definitely a nice atty, and at the price, it should be called the Oswald :-X
Mine came with a conical chuff, a cylindrical chuff, a black 510 adapter, a stainless 510 adapter, and a really nice parabolic bore high-flow a stainless steel 510 driptip. Don't get me wrong, the entire RDA is very well finished, but the 510 driptip is probably my favorite part. The flow-hole is nice and wide so it is easy to drip through cleanly, and the parabolic bore prevents it sucking up condensation. Some other manufacturers would charge $30 just for this drip tip.
The rest of the RDA is finished just as well. I can't say if there was any residual machine oil, as I always clean new equipment with dawn and plenty of hot water.
I don't think there is much I can add about the general functionality of this atty. It is easy to build dual coils on, which probably suits most of the vaping community. I'm sure I could mount quad coils on here, but wicking may get tight. For quads, the three post arrangement of the Kennedy is still preferable to me.
You can fit thick complex wrapped coils easily, but the post holes and grub screws will still reliably trap lighter gauge wire despite thier size.
Because it is a bottom airflow RDA, juice condensation is almost unavoidable. Running low-mass naked coils helps this issue a lot, as high-mass complex coils tend to cook juice off the coil for a while after you cut the power.
I use rayon wick and don't have much of an issue with a lack of wick tail space in the deck, though rayon wicks best when the tails are thinned out, anyhow.
Aside from the typical pros and cons of bottom airflow, this is a great atty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread