Status
Not open for further replies.

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
I had a WAEII in my cart when i purchased the GEM but decided to remove it and add a second GEM instead. I just couldn't justify the price for a dna 30 chip...not in today's market. Thanks for mentioning the sale, i now have one coming from Cloud9 :)
I posted this probably a month ago in the original GEM thread! There was also an additional 20% on top of that available at some stage!! Nearly bought one just to resell it..Oh well! Nobody ever listens to me...lol!! Still a good price!

Reactions: Freedom2Vape

Matthee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
Koringberg, South Africa
My GEM has arrived down south. Play time!

XaOBgMX.jpg

hobbes4

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2009
I posted this probably a month ago in the original GEM thread! There was also an additional 20% on top of that available at some stage!! Nearly bought one just to resell it..Oh well! Nobody ever listens to me...lol!! Still a good price!

I saw it but held off because i wasn't going to buy a WAE unless i had a GEM to go with it and money was tight after just purchasing a Dicodes 2380. There were no F5 wars on release day for the GEM but by that time i had forgotten about the Cloud9 sale. I'm glad you reminded us all again :)

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
I saw it but held off because i wasn't going to buy a WAE unless i had a GEM to go with it and money was tight after just purchasing a Dicodes 2380. There were no F5 wars on release day for the GEM but by that time i had forgotten about the Cloud9 sale. I'm glad you reminded us all again :)
I was only joking really. I'm glad people are buying these now. I'm sure Keith' & Lisa are glad they are going to good homes!!

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
Just fyi, I'm running a Ti spaced coil in one of the Gems right now and it is working quite nicely. Only thing I'm like to change is that I'm going to switch from 26 to 28 gauge, as I prefer the slightly more open draw with 28 gauge.

yup. Ill second that. I threw a 29g Ti in there and it rocks!

Reactions: Yozhik

turbocad6

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2011
brooklyn ny
mark I don't have my wae2 yet, is the threading the same for we2 and wae2? what size threads are these? are any battery tubes available now, either 500 or 650 size and either ti or ss?

I'm looking to build a mounting base that put the tubes in a side by side configuration. a spare battery tube and end cap would give me exactly what I'd need to build a base without altering the mod itself. looking to do something like this with either a Ti or SS one depending on what might be available :)

20150722_155932_zps0cfysfmq.jpg

Reactions: Freedom2Vape

mark78

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2010
Bucharest Romania
www.markbugs.com
mark I don't have my wae2 yet, is the threading the same for we2 and wae2? what size threads are these? are any battery tubes available now, either 500 or 650 size and either ti or ss?

I'm looking to build a mounting base that put the tubes in a side by side configuration. a spare battery tube and end cap would give me exactly what I'd need to build a base without altering the mod itself. looking to do something like this with either a Ti or SS one depending on what might be available :)

20150722_155932_zps0cfysfmq.jpg

Turbo,
The threads are the same for WE2 and WAE2 except the bottom one.
In the future will be putting out some spare tubes for 18500 only for WAE2.
I think we have some 18650 tubes and the bottom cap for WAE2.
Threads are M 19,6x0,5

ZeroOhms

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
Los Angeles, CA, USA
First of all, I am (or have been) Reo/Chalice guy for a very long time. Gem is the only atty to top that and have been using Gem/WAEII combo exclusively ever since it arrived. So, thanks to MB team for yet another blockbuster. Looking forward to WAEIII :)

Anyway, reason for this note is to share a trick I found using Gem. I tend to use very little cotton and this can cause flooding issues when filling. (typical of RTA) Right after filling and turn the airflow back on, you can have some leaks through the air hole. Traditionally, you would blow it out but this might /might not work immediately since you are adding more pressure back into the tank and additional leak might continue.

I have used following method to address this and seems to be working nicely.
- Do the usual filling with AFC ring at off position and put the DT back on after filling.
- Before turning AFC back on, turn the mod upside down. Make sure the juice level stays below the atty juice holes.
- With a napkin under it, turn the AFC back on while the mod is still upside down.
- You will hear a subtle pop noise and juice puddle will empty out through DT. Takes about 5 seconds to empty out.
- Once the juice stops flowing out of DT (or very little), give it a few pulse. This eliminates any spit back due to over saturation of cotton.
- After that, you can turn the mod back up and enjoy leak/gurgling free vape!
Whole process takes about 10 seconds and a napkin.
Let me know if someone has a different method. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread