General CHit Chat and foolishness.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cucco

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2013
Bonita Springs, Florida, USA
lol, we're below 0 today with the wind chill, gonna be -18 overnight, supposedly

I remember years ago when my uncle lived in Florida and there was a little cold spell down there. He called up my dad here in New England and .....ed up a storm because there was an icicle starting to form on his rain gutter one morning :lol:

Yea, it's funny. Officially, I live in Delaware. My other home, was in Maine, on the Canadian border. Therefore, I have always been accustomed to cold weather. Two years ago, I came to Florida to get my Mother situated, after a divorce. She had never been alone before. I have been kinda stuck here since. Stuff happens. When you first come here, you laugh at the Floridians who get cold so easily. They laugh back, and say, if you stay here, you too will someday have 'Florida' blood. I don't fully have 'Florida' blood yet, but I think it is starting to set in. :)

Cucco

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2013
I wear shorts until the low 40's, and my heat hasn't been working since last winter. It is kinda cold tonight, though :(

Cool! Maybe 'Florida' blood is not my destiny. I have never used my heat here. My house is open to the lanai all winter. Actually, I sleep on my lanai. I just use a blanket when needed. I love being in the open air. I was closed-up so much up north. :)

Riverboat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2012
Arizona
Yea, it's funny. Officially, I live in Delaware. My other home, was in Maine, on the Canadian border. Therefore, I have always been accustomed to cold weather. Two years ago, I came to Florida to get my Mother situated, after a divorce. She had never been alone before. I have been kinda stuck here since. Stuff happens. When you first come here, you laugh at the Floridians who get cold so easily. They laugh back, and say, if you stay here, you too will someday have 'Florida' blood. I don't fully have 'Florida' blood yet, but I think it is starting to set in. :)

Its like where I live in Arizona............Summers have become my favorite time of year, Snowbirds go home and the traffic/crowd goes down by 30%.............. Arizona Blood running thru my veins.....bring on the heat:evil:

Cucco

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2013
Its like where I live in Arizona............Summers have become my favorite time of year, Snowbirds go home and the traffic/crowd goes down by 30%.............. Arizona Blood running thru my veins.....bring on the heat:evil:

I love when the snowbirds go home (traffic/crowd). What a difference! You know 'season' is starting, when you see all the car carriers, unloading the cars outside the gated communities. You know 'season' is ending, when you see them loading the cars back on.

Cucco

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2013
lol, we're below 0 today with the wind chill, gonna be -18 overnight, supposedly

I remember years ago when my uncle lived in Florida and there was a little cold spell down there. He called up my dad here in New England and .....ed up a storm because there was an icicle starting to form on his rain gutter one morning :lol:

I just spoke with my best friend, at home. He spent all morning deicing, and getting his equipment started. I remember those days. I do not miss that! :)

Boiler

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2013
The land of sky blue waters
Winter cheer! frozen.gif

wongster360

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 11, 2011
Washington
My poor ELA. She is getting a workout today. Do you ever have those days, where your brain says it would like to smoke? If so, you know what my ELA is dealing with today. :)

I haven't had one of those days in awhile. I work with a couple smokers and they're constant reminders of why I quit :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Cucco

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2013
I haven't had one of those days in awhile. I work with a couple smokers and they're constant reminders of why I quit :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Those days are now rare, but, when they happen, they happen big.

But, I will not give in! I love my new breathing! I love my stats! :)

wongster360

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 11, 2011
Washington
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread