generally best regarded dessert eliquids in US?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoctorJ

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2012
Just moved to the US from the UK where they were really starting to take off in their gourmet vendors. I used to love some of the custardy/cookie/doughnut juices. vaping King was good, as was Mrs Lord & Co.

So I was wondering if there was a general consensus on the best vendors for such juices in the US?

You are asking a question that requires a subjective answer, because one person's ADV is another's junk juice. The problem with a "general consensus" is just that, it's general. It doesn't take into account your personal preferences or your individual taste palate. I've tried juices that 100's of vapers have raved, "This is the best damn juice I've ever had. You must try it!" only to order some and wonder, "So these 100's of people like the taste of a gym sock that's been in a locker for a year and then fermented in cat pee?"

One thing I've taken into account is the fact that I had a 2 PAD habit for almost 38 years and my taste buds are not what they used to be. Yes there are some juices out there that I would agree are generally good and most vapers like, however, you have to remember that taste is very subjective.

My advice is to read through some threads. Find a few vendors that sound interesting to you and check for reviews, however, don't always trust the reviews. Be sure to read the lower ratings on juices because those ratings seem to have a better description of the juice than the higher ratings. Then you have to make a decision on whether or not to try them. You are going to find some good juices and conversely, you are going to find some bad juices, such is the nature of the beast. I've tried quite a few vendors in my 4 years of vaping. Some were/are great, while others seem to just put ingredients in a bottle and send it to you. One thing to be aware of is how long a vendor has been in business, be wary of the "new guy on the block". However, that doesn't mean not to give them a try. More established vendors are your best bet, but not always. Try sampler packs which a lot of vendors have and that should give you a general idea of how good or bad they are. Shop around and spend a few bucks and eventually you'll find what you like. It may take some time, but it's the only way that you are going to find out for yourself what fits your vaping palate.

Reactions: jdrewry

Von Vape

ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2016
For what it's worth, I'm REALLY HAPPY with One Stop DIY Shop. They carry straight and blended "House Flavors" as well as national & international manufacturer's flavors. They're very nice folks and have reasonable prices. Try their "House Blend" LUCKY SHOT, my new favorite ADV! A Gaham/Caramel/Vanilla Cream. Their Cinnamon Roll is supposed to be fantastic as well, though I haven't tried that yet. Special thanks to DannyV45 for tipping me off to them ;) :thumbs: !

Welcome to this side of the pond! :)

:cool: Von Vape :cool:

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
Visit your local vape shop and taste taste test the juice they carry. Many shops carry their own blends as well as other "premium juice" (i.e. higher price) blenders blends.

Or if you are feeling adventurous check out this thread: Best Budget but Decent Juice Makers & Vendors Part 1. Many of these juice vendors offer sample packs and sell +60ml bottles of juice (at budget prices).
To bad you cant post a lick and I have to Google it!
Sounds like a great idea for a new business model (if it worked).;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Von Vape

stayinwonderland

Verified Member
Jul 19, 2013
Seattle
while I agree that taste is subjective, I have two choices... I can see what the consensus is, those vendors who have a good reputation and consistently get good reviews, or, I can look around and take a lucky shot based on what seems good. I think the most efficient way is to find out who has the better reputation. It's no guarantee but it beats totally guessing.

So who tends to consistently come on top for dessert flavours? if any. I know there are a handful in the UK who deserve that reputation so I'd guess it would the the same in the US.

I did just go into my local vape shop but all their brands were in-house or local and as such kinda sucked, because they lacked that reliability of an established national or international brand. Sure that's not a golden rule but y'know, anyone can put together eliquid and sell it. So better to start with reputation first.

Von Vape

ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2016
One new line I found to be Scrumptious is Backwoods Blends so many delicious Deserts Flavors I could not stop with the Vanilla Cupcake yesterday!

To bad you cant post a lick and I have to Google it!
Gosh! You know, you're right! I was remiss in posting a link Steve. (Or did you actually mean "lick"???) I notice your OP didn't have a link/"lick" either and I just figured that's how "The Pros" do it. ;)

Now I see that someone who's actually been here awhile DID include a link and that's probably the right thing to do so I'll include one for "One Stop DIY Shop" too...........

Sounds like a great idea for a new business model (if it worked).;)
Definitely check these folks out Susan~S. :thumb: I was thinking EXACTLY the same thing and it does seem to be working out VERY WELL for them. They supply to several major vendors. ;) ;) ;) (and NO SteveS45, they're NOT going to reveal who. It's called professional courtesy.)

Another "vendor" the OP may want to check into is Wizard Labs. IMO, one of the most trustworthy, thorough and well stocked sources anywhere. Here's the link for them as well..........

Good luck and happy adventures here in the states @stayinwonderland!

Cheers! :toast:

Von Vape

ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2016
I did just go into my local vape shop but all their brands were in-house or local and as such kinda sucked, because they lacked that reliability of an established national or international brand. Sure that's not a golden rule but y'know, anyone can put together eliquid and sell it. So better to start with reputation first.
I tend to agree with this AND the rest of what you said above. Yes, taste is subjective but c'mon, it either tastes good to "most" or it doesn't.

The question that just arose for me is, "Are you looking for FLAVORS to DIY or are you looking for "Ready To Vape" juice?" If you're looking for FLAVORS, DO check the above links. If you're looking for "RTV", I defer to others. I'm in Alaska and we're pretty much on our own unless we spend big bucks on premium "RTVs". Fortunately, we're a talented lot. :)

Another Round of Cheers! :toast:

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
So who tends to consistently come on top for dessert flavours? if any. I know there are a handful in the UK who deserve that reputation so I'd guess it would the the same in the US.
I love One Hit Wonder's Muffin Man, Ahlusions Lemon Vanilla Cake & Peppermint Bark.

If you want to get some idea of reputation regarding "premium juice" check out Giant Vapes. Lots of brands/flavors which are rated by customers.

Reactions: WillyZee

stayinwonderland

Verified Member
Jul 19, 2013
Seattle
Damn. Just had to edit my title. Been out of the vaping scene so long I forgot that flavor = DIY connotations. I mean ready to vape. Sheesh.

But that Giant Vapes site seems cool. Already found a doughnut flavour with rave reviews and there's a vendor near where my wife works. So might try that out.

Although, these days I'm seeing very little in the way of sub 30ml bottles. I really wish, with all the many many permutations of vaping options that have become part of the vaping culture, that multi-packs of just a couple of mils were standard. Hell if I were a vendor I'd give very small samples of my whole range with the first order! But that's just me :)

Any more good view sites? that might be the best place to start.

Reactions: Von Vape

Von Vape

ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2016
Here's a few more I brought up by "Googling" Dessert Flavored E Juices......
Dessert Flavored e-Liquids
Dessert E-Juices - Delicious Desserts | Zeus E-Juice (Free samples listed here ;))
Dessert E Juice Flavors | Vapor4Life
All have reviews. I don't know if this helps or muddies the waters. Now all you need to do is sort through the hundreds of choices, ha, ha. It's like I always say, "If a sentence starts with "All you do is....." of "You just......" it's gonna be a PITA!!!" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Good Luck My Friend!

hurricanegirl100

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2012
The burbies of Cleveland
My two favorite vendors for dessert flavored e-juices are MadTown Vapor and Affordable Vaping of NY

MadTown - Zingerz - perfect Raspberry Zinger e-juice, the only good one I've ever found. It's all there..the raspberry, the coconut, the yellow cake, even the whipped cream. One of the few juices I consistently order as a 50 ml. I love that the whipped cream flavor never steeps away even after a couple of weeks.
Apple What - Apple, caramel and an intense butterscotch. Mindblowing on an RDA.
Lemon Meringue Pie - I don't buy lemon meringue e-juice anywhere else. The meringue is perfect, and it also
doesn't steep away after a few weeks. Their Pineapple Upside Down cake and Strawberry Shortcake is also spot-on and excellent. (Note: The Pineapple Upside Down Cake is very dark - I only use it on RDA's because it does gunk my coils pretty quick.)

Added bonus - MTV ships the same day you order, unless it's Sunday.

Affordable Vaping of NY - Caramel Banana Pudding - insane tasty and I love their Tempest and Cherry Waffles, too.
Love AVNY's selection! Their ship times aren't as zippy as MadTown's, espectially if they're running a sale.

Best of all, neither one of these vendors will break my bank!

USA made e-juice with only the best American U.S.P. ingredients.
E-Liquid - Coffee/Dessert Flavors - Affordable Vaping

Reactions: man00ver
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread