Status
Not open for further replies.

Scubabatdan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2009
Dothan, AL
Here are some new drawings, I've threaded the fill hole, so it can be closed with a M3 screw. The POS/NEG taps are also M3 threaded. I'm still deciding on how to wire, I might come straight up from the atty POS, and use a filler plug on one of the taps, otherwise I have some high temp nylon standoffs at my office. (My family has small military/aircraft electronics biz)

Let me know what you think.

Well more suggestions :)

If you are going to use a center post, I would tool the atty connector into the base, and use a 1/8" rod that was tapped M2 .5x.4 at 7mm in the end of the rod. Then you can insert it from the connector side flush to the top and simply screw an M2 screw in for the postive connection. This will emiminate one hole on top to drill, so you are left with 2 M3 holes and the wick hole.
IE
mrengles.jpg
Dan

Scubabatdan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2009
Dothan, AL
Thats a good idea. The tooling charges get expensive when you start with custom threads, like an atty connector.

True but ALOT easier to assemble, no need to locate the right fitting connector from a donated atty. and it is all screwed together no soldering!
Dan

WillyB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2009
USA
Thats a good idea. The tooling charges get expensive when you start with custom threads, like an atty connector.
Well you said you looked at the Willpro. Size your hole around a Joye 510 atty connector. Jansto's tight fit and clever technique of boiling the body and freezing the connector to get it in the slightly undersized hole at normal temps sounds like a win.

mrengles

ECF Veteran
Apr 21, 2011
Well you said you looked at the Willpro. Size your hole around a Joye 510 atty connector. Jansto's tight fit and clever technique of boiling the body and freezing the connector to get it in the slightly undersized hole at normal temps sounds like a win.

When you say undersized. What dimensions are you talking about?

8.5mm x 6.5mm. (W x H)

The problem I'm having was translating the willpro site. Do you have any more info on it?

Thanks again for that little tip.

Gabe1291

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2010
Charlotte, NC
www.myspace.com
mrengles did you ever have any luck with this? I was curious, because I'm heading down thid road myself now. Also did you ever figure out the dims for the 510 connector hole?

I did a work-up of a non-Ego version of the Willpro info off their site in Inventor as well if anybody wants the files for it or the dims dwg. I had to fill in some of the blanks and merge info from 2 different versions of the Willpro though. I think it was V7 and V13, but Google translate isn't exactly the best. I just don't know of any good machine shops around this area to get one made, and I'm better as a draftsman than a craftsman, lol

I also have a rough sketch of peaceoffcake's atty (I think :confused:) for the beauty he created that I'm going to work up soon as well in Inventor, may hafta guess a bit on it, since it doesn't have the o-ring grooves in the sketch though, if anybody is interested. I just wish I had more info on the rest of it. A lot of the genesis pv's that were made were absolutely beautiful.

Last edited:

johnlacie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2011
-
Could someone inform me where I can buy an assembly ready kit for the 510 tank? I'm not very good with design so all of the schematics and whatnot don't really help me ><

I'm not looking for an assembled atomizer as I can do that part myself.. just need the assembled tank..

Thanks

Otrem should be able to help you out finding an assembled genesis tank if you are in the Philippines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread