Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
Tastes are so subjective, everyone is different. You probably already know what flavors you like so I'd suggest looking at websites and sorting by best sellers. Many juice sites will also sell sample packs so it's another manner to search for what you may like. My personal opinion is the ADV (all day vape) is a myth, but I've found a few juices I enjoy for long term vaping (hours). Good luck in your juice quest.

Reactions: DreamWithin

twgbonehead

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2011
MA, USA
1. Never buy a large amount of a liquid you haven't tried yet, no matter how much cheaper it is per ml.
2. If at all possible, find a B+M that carries brands you can buy online, and lets you sample them (buy a bottle from them, just to be fair, if you find one you like).
3. Make sure you have decent equipment. No e-liquid tastes good on a crappy setup. Too many people chase through a hundred liquids when the problem is not with the liquid.
4. Try Deadly Sin from Good Life Vapor. That's my "litmus-test" liquid.
5. Don't believe anything you read online, particularly on e-cigarette forums. We all lie like rugs. (But we're soft and comfy!)

DreamWithin

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2012
New England
5. Don't believe anything you read online, particularly on e-cigarette forums. We all lie like rugs. (But we're soft and comfy!)
-But they can't put anything on the internet if it isn't true!
-Where'd ya hear that?
-The internet . . .

:lol:

In all seriousness, this has some truth to it. Tastes are so subjective that what one reviewer raves about another reviewer is throwing in the trash. There are hundreds of prolific reviewers on forums and Youtube, but I don't think you'll find any juice that they can all agree on since their reviews are based on their opinions.
I learned early on that reviews all have to be taken with a grain of salt, as it's a crap-shoot whether my own personal opinion will be in line with theirs :2c:

To paraphrase Andrew Zimmern: "If it sounds good, VAPE it!" ;) Just try some things that sound good, buy small bottles and sampler packs until you find what you like, then keep looking along the lines of the flavor profiles you've found that you enjoy :)

DoubleEwe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2014
Hiding up a tree
Agreed with the above suggestion (allthejuices).
Avoid looking at reviews on Youtube, the vast majority of the reviewers seem to give massively glowing reviews of every juice they try, which some might say is because they want to continue getting sent free juice to vape...

You could always start a thread on this forum to get some honest opinions about a specific juice (if it is relatively well known).

Reactions: djsvapour

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
4 out of 7 of "All The Juices" top juices are from Colonel Boom's. Isn't this a bit suspicious?

I guess that depends how you read the results. It is suspicious (I agree) but there are a lot of enthusiastic Colonel Boom users. Sadly, you don't get the whole story, as there are some well-known liquids that don't even have 1 review, so just have 0.0 result. There are also reviews for E-cigarette club liquids which get the full 11.0, because (clearly) someone has rigged them. Fake as fake can be.

It will take time for the results to settle.... possibly years more. I have tried Colonel Boom and they are very nice, it's true. I wouldn't give them those results, but I don't think anywhere near enough people take the time to sign up. Basically, it's flawed, but i.m.o. most of the high ranking ones are good anyway.

(Apart from ecigwizard, which are cheap and nasty....)

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
djsvapour, what's your daily vape?

Usually something tobacco and then citrus or sweet when I'm bored.

Today, it's Sumatran (liquid core) as Vape Escape were discontinuing. I genuinely vape a lot of Hangsen RY6 but not in a subtank as it's too strong in flavour.
I have a soft spot for The Moors (LT e-cigs) and Caramel Deluxe (LT too). Both RY6 and something like the Moors do not have smokey edge. Kind of hard to explain.

Citrus, I make my own (Capella) or various. I have 200ml of Hangsen Lemon for the apocalypse in my freezer. Totally acceptable juice for about 60p. :)

Alchemists do lovely citrus stuff, but it's not bargain vaping....

NancyR

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Washington State
Taste is subjective and what I may love you may hate.

What I would suggest instead of reviews, find a couple of good vendors. such as Good Life Vapers, Nicoticket, or Roar Vapor, and get small bottles of juices that sound good to you.

I personally also only buy from vendors that support one of the advocacy groups such as CASAA, have had their liquids tested for diketones and diacetyl, don't use needless things like added colourings, and are willing to answer any questions about pg/vg ratios and if a juice contains certain ingredients.

glointhedark

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
Antelope, CA, USA
I have found the vendors that we use right here on ECF, usually in the eliquid forum. I also like to check the reviews on the vendor websites. There are some vendors who publish all reviews, both good and bad. I also like vendors that provide a brief description of the flavor notes the eliquid contains. It is all well and good to have a catchy name for an eliquid, but if I can't find at least a brief description of what the flavor is supposed to taste like, I don't buy it.

In the end, though, it all depends on what tastes good to you, with your equipment, and meets your budget. The recommendation to order small bottles at first is a good one. If you like the eliquid, you can always go bigger on your next order.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread