Get to know your fellow PIF'ers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlmeans

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sadly, it seems the Monty Python reference was missed by most here!

-Mike

there are those who would call me...tim? i'm 30, also a disabled vet, been married almost 2 years, 7 year old daughter and 9 year old son with my ex-wife, a 16 year old stepdaughter, and a slightly overweight cat. i started vaping a month ago tuesday, and thanks to pif, i've gone from a store-bought NPro to a 501 and a 501 mega, a 901 which my wife's really enjoying. i'm a cook in a truck stop, and i'm a car enthusiast. anything else?

atsirk

ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2010
Lake Oswego, Oregon
She came in through the bathroom window...ahem, excuse me. I grew up a Marine Brat (Semper Fi!), lived all over but settled in Oregon. I am in my forties, single, no children, one recently adopted (perfect) cat. I fostered a wonderful boy when younger who is now a grown man happily living in Scottsdale AZ. I live with a roommate in a condo in a suburb of Portland. A (unemployed) graphic artist by trade, I've worked in the computer field since I left school. I'm clean and sober and I cook with wine. I have struggled with my weight since I first got sober in my twenties, and had a lap-band placed a few months ago - losing but still a ways to go. For fun I enjoy reading (sci-fi nut), music, hiking, movies, swimming, board games (I kill at Scrabble), camping, spending time at the coast. I'm a fiercely loyal friend, a shy, quiet introvert with new people and an outgoing goofball once I get to know you. I started smoking at 15. I loved smoking, and thought it set me apart from the bourgeois suburban world I grew up in (I rebelled against my upbringing when young, living out of a backpack for years, owning nothing to speak of). I'm now just your average suburbanite, I guess. I had to quit smoking for my surgery, so I used the patch, the gum, and finally the lozenges. I couldn't wait to get back to the smokes! I missed the hand-to-mouth, the clouds of smoke, etc. - but when I picked up a pack, ugh. I wheezed and coughed and hated the taste. I had seen someone vaping at a 12 step meeting and read what I could find online. I bought a Blu (I know I know lol) as my first PV and I haven't looked back. I went from that to a 510, then eGo (Riva), and now I'm itching to try a 5V mod. That'll have to wait though, till I'm working again. Found ECF my 2nd week vaping, lots of great info. Found PIF a bit after that and what a wonderful crew y'all are! My story isn't terribly exciting, but there it is :)

Krista

Last edited:

atsirk

ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2010
Lake Oswego, Oregon
I don't want to be censured for being too chatty here, but after reading this entire thread, there's something I really need to write.

Thank you to all who have served our country, whether as a member of our Armed Forces or a family member of a serviceperson.
P.

Thanks - I'm not a vet - but I am the proud daughter, sister, foster-mom and former spouse to a few good men and it does my heart good to know people appreciate their efforts on our behalf. Semper Fi!

Astirk.........Very interesting story! Nice to meet ya. U sound like a blast to hang out with!
hugs~Missy

Thanks Missy :blush: I never know what to say when someone says something nice...I think they must be talking to someone else lol.

yssiM

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2010
MO USA
Thanks - I'm not a vet - but I am the proud daughter, sister, foster-mom and former spouse to a few good men and it does my heart good to know people appreciate their efforts on our behalf. Semper Fi!

Thanks Missy :blush: I never know what to say when someone says something nice...I think they must be talking to someone else lol.

Was U I was referring to...LOL Hugs hun!

Bella Chic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2009
Southeast Texas
I just saw this thread...I guess I'm a little late on the band wagon huh, lol...

My name is Gina and I am 30 (OMG that was hard to type) and I have 4 awesome kiddos, boy 9, girl 8, boy 6, girl 4 and yes, they keep me very busy but they are all in school now so thank God for that! LOL. I am married, have been for 9 years now. I have been vaping for just over a year (started 12/11/09) and I really love it. Yes, I have smoked "real" cigarettes since I've started vaping but I am pretty much smoke free, I have one every once in a while. I'm not sure what my problem on that is but I've avoided a ton of them that is for sure! I am a stay at home mom but am fixing to get a job cause I'm tired of being at the house all the time. I volunteer at my kids school, being there Physical Education teacher for all grades, it's a very small private school so I only have about 30 students, ranging from Pre-k to high school. I really love hanging out with my friends, they are my family and I love them like they are my family. That is about it I think :)

redgirl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brunswick, MD
Can't believe I didn't write in this yet!

I'm Brandi, will be 32 in March. I'm from Montana originally, and joined the Army when I was 17. Got good grades in high school, but was definitely a partier! My family didn't have money for me to go to college:(. I was stationed in Germany where I met my husband. Got married at 19 and still happily married today! I guess we might end up being that "childless by choice" couple. I love kids, but other peoples'! I really, really miss Montana especially because most of my family is there. Being on the east coast is still a shock to my system. I just don't get it here sometimes. A little too rushed for my taste. And I haven't really made any friends here, which sucks. Seems like a lot of people are just so superficial and I haven't found anyone that I have a lot in common with.

I've been through the struggling financial aspect for a long while after getting out of the military. Finally got a good job 7 years after I got out! I am an outside telephone tech and work around all guys. I definitely feel out of place sometimes, and feel like I have to prove myself even more. But, I love my job. Being able to drive my own work van and get outside, talk to people, and do physical work helps me and relaxes me. Also been dealing with anxiety/panic attacks. They just came on all the sudden when I turned 30. Been on meds for about a year and a half with going to psychiatrists/psychologists, blah, blah, blah. I decided to try to get off of them and have been off for about 2 weeks. I can feel my old symptoms coming back and it's scary that I can't control it.

I consider myself a definite introvert and "live inside my head" quite a bit. I'm a pretty quiet person. Must be my Pisces. Funny how a horoscope can accurately describe yourself! Always loved eccentricity and the outrageous things in life. If I was good at any artistic skill, I would love to just hole up somewhere and go crazy.

Music is a big part of my life. My mom grew up in the Beatles era and used to sing "Michelle" to me (my middle name) all the time. Hence probably why I'm a Beatles freak. I also went to high school during the grunge era and still love all the great music that came out of that period. But I found a love of classic rock, too. Led Zeppelin, Doors, Janis Joplin, Cream, Black Sabbath, etc. Also like techno (went to some good raves in Germany), classic country like Patsy Cline, 80s metal (Metallica, GnR), punk, eclectic stuff like Beck, Bjork, Cibo Matto, and recently my favorite is psychobilly. Can't get enough. My husband used to be in a punk band and he is a pretty good guitar player.

Haven't been on much lately because of a bunch of home repair stuff going on and will start painting and redoing floors tonight. Fun!

bonniegirl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2009
South Jersey USA
Red......GET READY TO RUMBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PA meet here we come..........................hope to get more time with you.........last meet you were so busy mixing for others I barely got to speak. Alas, that shall change. Note to all..............RED is all mine at PA Meet. OH and the KBV tootsie too and Missy and Bob and Jazzy and Lox and .............enuf said

Ciego
IMHO you can post wherever and whenever you want. Love the humor and the sentiments.
I am not the boss, by no means, but I just wanted to put my 2 pence worth in (as usual)*Ha, said it for you*

Love reading about these nice folks....great OP

BiancaMontgomery

SQUIRREL!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
North Carolina
I read it! :)

I'm 41, have a beaufiful baby girl, Livi, who is 19 months old. I stay at home with her and my partner of 13 years, Beth, works outsided the home. I keep another baby a few days a week.

I have degenerative joint disease and have good and bad days, but mostly good. :)

I prefered to be called Chelle, although my full name is Michelle. :)

I started vaping in November of 2009 and my devices of choice are a 510 eGo or a 3.7v box mod...and sometimes I break out the standard 510 auto batts to get more of a "smoking a cig" sensation. Love Boge cartomizer, either standard or low resistance...and have new found love for low resistance atty's after thinking I'd hate atty's for life.

Best of luck to Tim! If you guys need anything, let us know! :)

A couple of things have changed: I'm 42 now and I'm in love with 5v vaping now! Best thing I ever did for my vaping experience by far. 3ohm Boge cartos and my Turbo have truly been the icing on the vaping cake. :) I still keep a LR atty and I vape LR 306 cartos on my skinny autos, all very nice...but 5v's is truly the "sweet spot". From a Smoke 51 starter kit to a 5v Turbo...my my how this experience has changed in just one year.

yssiM

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2010
MO USA
A couple of things have changed: I'm 42 now and I'm in love with 5v vaping now! Best thing I ever did for my vaping experience by far. 3ohm Boge cartos and my Turbo have truly been the icing on the vaping cake. :) I still keep a LR atty and I vape LR 306 cartos on my skinny autos, all very nice...but 5v's is truly the "sweet spot". From a Smoke 51 starter kit to a 5v Turbo...my my how this experience has changed in just one year.

Did u say Cake??????? hehe

librarising

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2010
New York
Thank you yssiM for reading (bumping) this thread! It's been wonderful to learn a bit about all of you! :)

My name is Lois and I'm 59. I'm the mother of two sons, 20 and 23 plus 3 furbaby kitties. Both sons are commuting to college from home and I also reside here with my ex. It's been years since the divorce and we co-habit as friends. He's been home now for several months because he was laid off from his last job. He's a tax accountant and very few places want someone with his experience (age) because of the pay level. He is going to be restarting his own business and will also hopefully get full time job or per diem work during tax season.

I've had several reinventions of my life, from being a flower child to a bookkeeper in law firms to a stay at home Mom, to who I am and what I do now, and I've always been interested in energy healing throughout. In my early 40s I discovered that although I loved jewelry my whole life, it was the stones in the settings that attracted me. I became self-taught about quartz, other crystals and stones.

When I divorced I had to find a way to make money and had dabbled a bit in flea markets with my husband prior to my divorce. I decided to sell very cool head shop boutique things plus crystals. I also started to make wire wrapped and beaded jewelry with natural stones. I wanted to be home for my kids during the week and realized the best thing to do would be to sell at flea markets, fairs, festivals and craft shows throughout the Hudson Valley, here in NY. My business was very successful. In the fall of 1999 with my brother's recommendation, I started to place the things I sold on weekends up for auction on eBay. My items sold. In March of 2000, the love of my life passed over and he had been a huge inspiration and assisted me with my weekend business. I could not find the heart to go out on the road again, and focused on eBay, where I am still selling. I recently read a feedback from a new customer who said that I was an eBay legend. That kind of surprised me, because I just do what I do. Every now and then I look back with nostalgia at my weekend biz. I discovered I loved to sell and meet so many wonderful people and especially at musical events..live music, fresh air, doing what I loved to do... Life was very very good then, albeit a bit insane at times. :)

After smoking for 43+ years (I had quit 3 times..once for 3 years, and twice for 6 months) I had read about ecigs on a forum where I had posted all the time, and the idea of it intrigued me. At the end of July I bought a kit through eBay, that although the batteries died on me every hour and the carts were minuscule, it made me realize the possibilities and if there was a better device out there? The same person who posted about ecigs also mentioned this forum and I decided to visit in August and never left. :) I ordered a 510 from China and before it got here, a 510 passthough that I ordered here in the states got me off of analogs in 3 days. The regular 510s were a waste because of the battery life (I'm a heavy vapor) and I bought a Riva kit. :) Since then have purchased other large 510 batteries and have not had an analog in over 4 months.

There are 2 smokers here and it can be tempting, but I take a deep breath and grab the closest PV.

I have no idea what my health is like because like millions of other Americans I am without health insurance. I don't have a clue as to my blood pressure, cholesterol etc. I do know that I breathe easier since stopping analogs and I've gone down a pant size since vaping. :) That's a biggie because I've struggled with weight my whole life and for several years just decided to not go crazy over it. The more I would lose, the more would I put on, and at my age, losing is not easy. With vaping, my appetite has decreased and I'll see how this goes. :)

I was a voracious reader much of my life, but for some reason, since using the computer as much as I do, focusing on physical books has been next to impossible. I have a few hobbies that I get bored with quickly, ie drawing, crocheting, bead work, sewing. These are rotated as time marches on. Lately, on my days off, I have to at least cook one really great thing, or bake something delicious...cookies, cakes, pastries or bread. In the last few weeks, I've been addicted to making sugar cookies. The recipe I found on the net is way too good. :) I love music and when I was much younger had a great voice, and have dabbled in guitar, banjo, recorder, Native American flute..and do none of those well at all..but it's still relaxing for me when I remember to do it. :)

I've had some fun adventures in my life, some of them included travel to England, Switzerland, Lichtenstein, Italy, the East Coast from Canada to Florida, California and Colorado. The very thought of getting on a plane now fills me with dread.

Now I better get back to work here as I have packages to go out and those pesky little things called bills must be paid. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread