Wood Getting Back to Modding

Status
Not open for further replies.

VaporPhreak

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2009
Indianapolis, IN
So I stepped away from the modding side of vaping about 5 years ago and have been happily vaping away on some very nice mech mods I was gifted around the same time. I have been tossing the idea around for a while of building my own 18650 wooden pipe mod, and decided today to give it a go. The plan is for it to be as mechanical as it can be, but with a traditional style pipe there is virtually no way (that I can see) to get around using wire. The problem is, what gauge of wire to use. Back when I was modding, the 3.7v unregulated box mod (using a 14500 in a 2AA or 3AA box) was the height of modding. There was no worry back then about supporting high drain batteries and sub-ohm builds, but now the highest resistance I use with any regularity is 0.5ohm, and I never go below .2ohm. So with all that in mind, does anyone have any recommendations on wire gauge or wire alternatives? Also, I can find a multitude of buttons online that will work but would like to possibly build out a custom mechanical button, any ideas there? Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread