Getting rid of residual flavour in tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

morningdew

ECF Veteran
May 7, 2013
People's Republic of Stroud
So, I'm a NET vaper, exclusively...except for the odd occassion.

Been vaping some synthetic sweet tobacco out of my Lemo Drop.

Switched back to a NET and despite a thorough rinse and overnight soak in hot water with washing up liquid, the sweet tones from the synthetic tobacco are over riding the net.

Been thinking of a Steradent soak but any other suggestions or experiences welcome to clear the residual flavour....?

Smoke_too_much

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2016
I've only had a problem with residual flavor on an Ijust 2 tank. It was mint, which I don't like but tried anyway, foolish me.
Glass and metal will not hold residual flavor and can easily be cleaned with just water, hot if needs be but I find cold works as well. The problem with the Ijust tank is that it has a large silicone (not sure what to call it) press fit seal for the top of the coil positioned up in the chimney that you can't take apart or remove and it was this that was holding the residual taste. I don't know if the taste had actually been absorbed by the silicone or was simply hiding underneath the seal but in the off chance it was the former I avoided using any sort of cleaner or chemicals and just used hot water baths. About 5 or 6 baths later the taste and smell were lowered to a point I could ignore them.
Even with coils and wicking I find running water over them and then letting them dry (sometimes I cheat by also giving it an ISO bath to absorb the water and then quickly evaporate) is sufficient to change juices without any residual flavor taste.

Boodaddy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2016
Ohio
All I use is super hot water. I fill the tank half way full, put my thumb over the top, and shake. After that, I just fill, and dump with hot water 4-5 times. Next, I shake my tank over a paper towl, and take a dry cotton swap to get out any leftover water. Works great for me. I am using Ccell coils, so all I do with those is wipe any juice off on the outside, and after about 7 hits, the new flavor comes in. Never had any issues with left over flavor doing this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread