Getting started with DIY...later

Status
Not open for further replies.

javyn

ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2010
houston
Hey all....

vaping a few years now but never was interested in the DIY game. With the pending FDA vapeacalypse though, I figure I should be at least stockpiling nicotine for the future.

I was wondering if I can have some advice with what exactly to buy? I just want a huge amount of nic that will take the smallest space possible in the fridge or wherever I need to store it long term?

What concentration should I get? I typically vape 6mg.

If/when the FDA brings down the hammer, I assume I'll always be able to buy VG, PG and flavoring later on...but I figure I better stock up on nic now before there is a run on it.

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
I was wondering if I can have some advice with what exactly to buy? I just want a huge amount of nic that will take the smallest space possible in the fridge or wherever I need to store it long term?
100mg/mL will take up the least amount of space.

Long Term Nic Storage

Reactions: KODIAK (TM)

DaBucs

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 6, 2013
Orlando, Fl
100mg/ml...at 6mg a 1 liter bottle will last just under 5 years..maybe 4 1/2? if vaping 300ml a month
At 3mg i think i did the math and it was like 9.25 years for a liter of 100mg...thou thats also at 300ml a month vaping so if you vape less then it will last longer....simple math is 1000ml/6ml=166.6x100ml(6ml per 100ml bottle)=16,660ml/amount vape per month=total months of vape/12 months= year
or
nic volume / nic vape = servings per volume x 100ml = total mixed liquid / vape amount per month = total months of vapable liquid / 12 = years of vapable liquid

for my example as i do 3mg of nic:
1000ml/3ml*=333.33 x 100ml = 33333ml / 300 = 111.11 / 12 = 9.259 years
that help?
* in a 100ml bottle, 3ml of 100mg nic = 3mg (3ml/100=.03)
i do it by 100ml because its easier to do the math and when mixing i do it in 100ml batches as its easier as most of it is simple add such and such ml and not too may .025 or anything like...i try to keep it simple hehe

Last edited:

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
Hey all....

Vaping a few years now but never was interested in the DIY game. With the pending FDA vapeacalypse though, I figure I should be at least stockpiling nicotine for the future.

What concentration should I get? I typically vape 6mg.

If/when the FDA brings down the hammer, I assume I'll always be able to buy VG, PG and flavoring later on...but I figure I better stock up on nic now before there is a run on it.

Simply put 100mg/ltr will store in the smallest amount of space. Deciding whether to get it in PG or VG is up to you. Normally if you vape higher VG mixes get the Nic in VG if you like higher PG mixes get it in PG. If your a middle of the road vaper (50/50) then it don't matter. Freezing in glass is the best way to store it long term.

When you are actually ready to start DIY start your research here.

My blogs will give insight into all aspects of DYI, from steeping to what supplies to have on hand to a basic walk through mixing your first E-juice.

E-Cigarette Forum - dannyv45 - Blogs

Then read hoosier's blogs. These blogs concentrate on fine tuning your mix and give insight on additives.

E-Cigarette Forum - Hoosier - Blogs

Then read Boletus's blog's. These blogs concentrate on formulation of nicotine bases regarding proper calculations methods for figuring Nicotine concentration as well as safety.

E-Cigarette Forum - Boletus - Blogs

Then read Ginger's book "E-Cigarettes 102: DIY E-Liquid". It is a book which I've contributed to that delivers an in depth easy to follow guide in the art of DYI.

E-Cigarettes 102: DIY E-Liquid

I recommend viewing VPLive Vape Team Episode #82: DIY Safety and bookmark it for future reference. It explains safety in all aspects of DYI.

VPLive Vape Team Episode #82: DIY Safety

then read the stickies at the top of the page.

this will explain a lot of the how's and why's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread