Not open for further replies.

lupinehorror

bròn
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2017
Dunblane
yesterday i had my second bash at liquid making. 80VG/20PG with 6mg nic per ml.
flavours used...gingerbread, custard, raspberry, cola...a mix of all of them in various forms.
second attempt was much smoother than the first (VG still too thick for the syringe needles i have though). mixed around 210ml in total.
got more base liquids and have enough nicotine inbound for 100 30ml bottles!
really enjoying it. have started leaving them for a week and agitating as much as i can in that time.
need to find a source for cheaper flavours that's in the UK. any suggestions master mixers? been using vapeable.co.uk mostly.

lupinehorror

bròn
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2017
Dunblane
Congratulations, and welcome to your DIY FunTimes!! :)

Chefs Flavours and Rainbowvapes are both great sources for concentrates in the UK.
it is fun :banana:
that's 100 days with no tobacco. setup is complete (as complete as it'll ever be...2 mech mods on order) so should start to save money now...that's the plan.
thanks for the links. bookmarked.

Brad P

Verified Member
Jan 27, 2014
S.F. bay area, Californa
Hi lupinehorror! If you can heat up your VG a little by letting it sit in a bath of hot water for a few minutes, you may find that it is easier to work with in your syringes. I am glad to see that you are enjoying yourself! It can be very rewarding... and you can save a few bucks too.

lupinehorror

bròn
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2017
Dunblane
Hi lupinehorror! If you can heat up your VG a little by letting it sit in a bath of hot water for a few minutes, you may find that it is easier to work with in your syringes. I am glad to see that you are enjoying yourself! It can be very rewarding... and you can save a few bucks too.
thanks for the tip...will give that a go when i start the next batch

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
second attempt was much smoother than the first (VG still too thick for the syringe needles i have though). mixed around 210ml in total.

I gave up trying to use syringes for VG. Now I use plastic measuring cylinders. You can get them in multiple sizes. I have 25ml and 100ml. You can just pour VG into the cylinder from the VG bottle and from the cylinder into the mix bottle. It's probably not quite as accurate as using a syringe. VG is thick and sticks to the walls of the cylinder. But unless you are doing very small quantities it's not going to make much difference.

I got my first VG in a quart bottle, now I got a gallon jug. I kept the quart bottle and fill it up from the jug. It would be a bit dodgy to pour into a small cylinder from a gallon jug.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
There is something you may find helpful, don't use needles at all. Just buy the syringes that don't have needles attached

diy-ejuice-syringe-10ml__57821.1486698464.500.500.JPG

You can get them in varying sizes, 1ml, 3ml, 5ml, 10ml etc

If your having a difficult time finding them in the UK (I assume that's where you live right?) Then look for stores that sell farm supplies as well as pet supplies.. they normally have them without needles attached for giving medicine orally to livestock and pets and are much nicer to use for DIY than needles are.

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
some new concentrates on the way...
strawberry cheesecake, pancake, coconut, blueberry, rainbow candy...others i can't remember. there will be concoctions

Coconut was one of my favorites when I bought juice but I've never been able to make a really good one. Sweet cream seems to help.

lupinehorror

bròn
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2017
Dunblane
I gave up trying to use syringes for VG. Now I use plastic measuring cylinders. You can get them in multiple sizes. I have 25ml and 100ml. You can just pour VG into the cylinder from the VG bottle and from the cylinder into the mix bottle. It's probably not quite as accurate as using a syringe. VG is thick and sticks to the walls of the cylinder. But unless you are doing very small quantities it's not going to make much difference.

I got my first VG in a quart bottle, now I got a gallon jug. I kept the quart bottle and fill it up from the jug. It would be a bit dodgy to pour into a small cylinder from a gallon jug.
i should be able to 'acquire' something suitable from work...don't know why i hadn't thought of that. cheers.
There is something you may find helpful, don't use needles at all. Just buy the syringes that don't have needles attached

diy-ejuice-syringe-10ml__57821.1486698464.500.500.JPG

You can get them in varying sizes, 1ml, 3ml, 5ml, 10ml etc

If your having a difficult time finding them in the UK (I assume that's where you live right?) Then look for stores that sell farm supplies as well as pet supplies.. they normally have them without needles attached for giving medicine orally to livestock and pets and are much nicer to use for DIY than needles are.
the nozzles on the ones i have are too short...the whole top of the syringe needs to be inserted basically. messy. will have a scout about for something more suitable. thanks.
appreciate all the info folks.

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas
yesterday i had my second bash at liquid making. 80VG/20PG with 6mg nic per ml.
flavours used...gingerbread, custard, raspberry, cola...a mix of all of them in various forms.
got more base liquids and have enough nicotine inbound for 100 30ml bottles!
really enjoying it. have started leaving them for a week and agitating as much as i can in that time.
need to find a source for cheaper flavours that's in the UK. any suggestions master mixers? been using vapeable.co.uk mostly.
Are you using the needles on the syringes, you can take them off or use syringes for livestock. I use sheep and goat 3ml and horse and cattle 6ml plus I have a dropper that measures 24 drops per ml for those miniscule amounts.
So, I am curious about your recipe, gingerbread, cola, custard and raspberry seems like an interesting and intriguing recipe. What are you making?

lupinehorror

bròn
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2017
Dunblane
Are you using the needles on the syringes, you can take them off or use syringes for livestock. I use sheep and goat 3ml and horse and cattle 6ml plus I have a dropper that measures 24 drops per ml for those miniscule amounts.
So, I am curious about your recipe, gingerbread, cola, custard and raspberry seems like an interesting and intriguing recipe. What are you making?
it's a whole new world! thanks for the info.
wasn't going for a specific receipe with that one...just trying to get a nice mix using the flavours i had. arsenal is expanding though.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Lupinehorror, I started with really simple mixes and no recipes, but I'd combine flavors in my tank to get a sense of juice profiles I like. I did this after reading a BUNCH of recipes and then just figuring out what combinations I like. I'm now up to three ingredient mixes (occasionally with sweetener) and I'm pretty confident in what I have steeping. I'm also pleased that I was UNABLE to make a non-vapable mix. Don't get me wrong, there were a few flavor combinations I poured out of my tank, but better a tank than an entire bottle.

I really enjoyed learning mixing this way, and my skills kinda built on themselves. That's how I approached cooking, so it made sense to approach mixing this way for me, and I learned a lot. Am also pleased to note that I did not make a single mix that wasn't vapable, even if after some tinkering. That's the nice thing about making your own mixes-- I know my palate, and I know (now) after experimenting, what's going to work well/taste good to me, and I'm pleased I went that route though it was slower in the beginning. I will say the best thing I did was cave and buy a sweetener, but I don't use much of it, really about 5 drops max into a 55 ml bottle. I just write everything down so I won't forget, but really smells tell me a lot in any case.

Good luck, and I hope you continue enjoying it, Lupinehorror!!

Anna

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas
it's a whole new world! thanks for the info.
wasn't going for a specific receipe with that one...just trying to get a nice mix using the flavours i had. arsenal is expanding though.
Hmm I am thinking the raspberry, custard, French vanilla, cotton candy and cola may make an interesting combo if you have cotton candy (em at 10%) and French vanilla.
Maybe raspberry at 8%, cola @4% custard @3% FV @3%and cotton candy at 1%
Gingerbread, Custard and French vanilla would be nice too with a little Cheesecake with graham
gingerbread at 6%, custard @3%, FV@4% and cheesecake w/graham @2%
cotton candy @1%
if you make these, let me know how they come out

PS. maybe .5 % (1/2 ml) of orange cream added to the Gingerbread recipe and 1% of cinnamon Danish

Last edited:

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas
You can find some great recipes by looking at cocktail recipes (without the alcohol of course) Then figure your percentages according to how much or how little is in the drink recipe. For instance 3 parts coconut cream and 1 part pineapple juice may translate to 6-8% coconut with 2-3% sweet cream and 2-3% pineapple or instead of the sweet cream you may want to try Bavarian cream. Also some flavors have another type available such as coconut candy or coconut extra that will still have a coconut flavor but maybe denser or closer to a candy coconut. So the cocktail recipes can be adapted but you will have to determine which flavors and percentages work well together

lupinehorror

bròn
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2017
Dunblane
Lupinehorror, I started with really simple mixes and no recipes, but I'd combine flavors in my tank to get a sense of juice profiles I like. I did this after reading a BUNCH of recipes and then just figuring out what combinations I like. I'm now up to three ingredient mixes (occasionally with sweetener) and I'm pretty confident in what I have steeping. I'm also pleased that I was UNABLE to make a non-vapable mix. Don't get me wrong, there were a few flavor combinations I poured out of my tank, but better a tank than an entire bottle.

I really enjoyed learning mixing this way, and my skills kinda built on themselves. That's how I approached cooking, so it made sense to approach mixing this way for me, and I learned a lot. Am also pleased to note that I did not make a single mix that wasn't vapable, even if after some tinkering. That's the nice thing about making your own mixes-- I know my palate, and I know (now) after experimenting, what's going to work well/taste good to me, and I'm pleased I went that route though it was slower in the beginning. I will say the best thing I did was cave and buy a sweetener, but I don't use much of it, really about 5 drops max into a 55 ml bottle. I just write everything down so I won't forget, but really smells tell me a lot in any case.

Good luck, and I hope you continue enjoying it, Lupinehorror!!

Anna
great, and detailed, post as always. at the moment i'm kind of following my nose and it's mostly working. my first batch of solely raspberry wasn't great (think i made it too strong) but was still perfectly vapeable...gave it to a guy at work and he thinks it's the best raspberry he's tasted!
Hmm I am thinking the raspberry, custard, French vanilla, cotton candy and cola may make an interesting combo if you have cotton candy (em at 10%) and French vanilla.
Maybe raspberry at 8%, cola @4% custard @3% FV @3%and cotton candy at 1%
Gingerbread, Custard and French vanilla would be nice too with a little Cheesecake with graham
gingerbread at 6%, custard @3%, FV@4% and cheesecake w/graham @2%
cotton candy @1%
if you make these, let me know how they come out

PS. maybe .5 % (1/2 ml) of orange cream added to the Gingerbread recipe and 1% of cinnamon Danish
inspired suggestions. will expand my range of flavours as i go and will definitely try some of those. will report back of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread