getting tired of the atty bashing

Status
Not open for further replies.

wrigleyvillain

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2011
Chicago
Im still relatively new and inexperienced but my main preference for attys so far has to do with the amount of juice you need to put in a carto before you can "safely" use it and then what if something isn't right or the thing dies on you? All that juice is wasted. I am not saying attys are any more reliable but when one is acting up or dies Ive only wasted 2 drops instead of 20ML.

Outside of ease in terms of less filling required I really can't understand the preference for cartos that seems to prevail. The dual coils hit great but still have all the other issues of course...

Dingus

ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2011
Belgium
Im still relatively new and inexperienced but my main preference for attys so far has to do with the amount of juice you need to put in a carto before you can "safely" use it and then what if something isn't right or the thing dies on you? All that juice is wasted. I am not saying attys are any more reliable but when one is acting up or dies Ive only wasted 2 drops instead of 20ML.

20ML is quite an exageration :) If you fill a carto and something goes wrong, you can potentially recuperate the liquid, with a siringe, or by taking out the polyfil, putting that inside a siringe, and squeezing it out. I probably wouldn't bother, unless I really like the liquid, or I'm running out (which won't happen soon)...

Outside of ease in terms of less filling required I really can't understand the preference for cartos that seems to prevail. The dual coils hit great but still have all the other issues of course...

Just curious - what other issues are you talking about?

For me, the reason I use carto's is because I just can't get the hang of dripping. I get a burnt hit (which I hate), and then add a few drops, and it leaks. Most likely use error, but it seems more trouble than it's worth to me. And I'm not exactly new to vaping, I bought my first joye510 over a year ago (but relapsed into smoking for a few months).

Plus, I actually like the taste better in carto's, but that's personal preference off course. It's a little like filter cigs vs rolling your own - different experiences, but to each his own.

hairball

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
Other Places

If you can find a cartomizer that holds 20ML...please tell me immediately. I want 100 of them.

DEATHTOCIGS

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2011
TEXAS
I started with cartos and switched to atties when I bought an ego-t. I never liked the subdued flavor of the cartos or the nasty burned polyfill taste when they run out of juice. The low res atties gave much better flavor and vapor and the tank system worked just like a carto except you could see when your juice was low. I agree there is more maintenance with an atty, but I find it worth the trouble. I'm now using a repairable bullie A2-T on a variable volt device. Does'nt get much better, someday there will be a self cleaning long lasting and low maintenance atty.

kabonk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2010
NW Detroit Burbs
ok so I tried the 306 in a home made syringe tank I used a 10 ml syringe when I made this one so the 306 was a snug fit I just couldn't get it to wick right maybe my juice is to thick maybe I should head over to that thread and see what problems others are having before I stuff a carto back in there

sln88

ECF Veteran
Aug 19, 2011
cheesehead
I started with cartos and switched to atties when I bought an ego-t. I never liked the subdued flavor of the cartos or the nasty burned polyfill taste when they run out of juice. The low res atties gave much better flavor and vapor and the tank system worked just like a carto except you could see when your juice was low. I agree there is more maintenance with an atty, but I find it worth the trouble. I'm now using a repairable bullie A2-T on a variable volt device. Does'nt get much better, someday there will be a self cleaning long lasting and low maintenance atty.

what is a repairable bullie? can they be used with egos? or do you need a VV?

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
First off, to the OP: You rock.

Secondly to the multitude of replies...... particularly to the carto fanboys that feel the need to compound the OPs frustrations with more carto-fan hoopla (poor beleaguered OP)

1) Atomizers are longer lasting than cartos. If you can get a carto to last X weeks, you can get an atty to last X+ weeks. Cartos are disposable. If atties are dying faster than cartos .... YOU'RE DOING SOMETHING WRONG or the atties you have are crap.
2) Dripping tastes best IMO. I drip. I use atties (3.0 ohms at 5 volts too). Nothing burns. Ever. Nothing tastes like crappy filler, or burnt filler, or melted stuffis around whatever coil type. Cleaning, if needed, is easy.
3) Dripping is more labor intensive, but has the least things to go wrong, and always works once you get the hang of it. I'm not lazy about it... I just want the best results, the most efficient hassle free operation. Dripping with atties is it FOR ME (maybe not for you).

I have cartos for occasional use while driving. Hate em tho.

Last edited:

Uma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2010
Calif
It took me forever to get the hang of Direct Dripping (DD) on my eGo and Silver Bullet. Even after I got the hang of it, it was a gamble for me. And then ... I got my REO Grand. What a world of difference!! Yes, I know, they're a bottom feeder, don't need to DD them, but DD is nice for starting the atty every morning, and topping off with extra flavor at whim. I would recommend a Reo for DD'ers even if you don't want a BF. It's remarkably easy to DD on a Reo.
Sorry if this sounds like a sales pitch. I'm just totally stoked with it and love to share my experience, my happiness, and if it makes even one person's vaping life easier, then I'm even happier. :)

bassthumper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2010
TN
I can't see why ppl blow so many atties so soon! I've been on the same 306 for the past 3 months! And the same before that!! What are you ppl doing to your stuff??????

I like cartos for road trips, atties for everything else. Use what you want and what makes you happy. Most ppl just profess to know everything but they really don't. I'm going on two years vaping and I've tried almost EVERYTHING. ALL KINDS OF ATTIES, CARTOS, bottom feeders, VVs, etc. I know what works for me and I'm golden now. A little atty will last me MONTHS.

NOTHING I've had beats a 306 IMHO. And when it comes to cartos, a plain old Boge 510 works great. HOWEVER, the dual coil cartos I got from PureSmoker seem to rock pretty hard too.....

Everyone has their own requirements and whatnot. Just find out yours and screw everyone else ;)

talontsiawd

Sep 22, 2011
Bay Area
As others have said, they both have advantages. Attys are great for home use. They are great for new flavors. They can be a pain when you are out all day. Sometimes I am not home for up to 12 hours, attys are a pain, especially if a lot of that consists of driving.

Cartos are great for the all day. You have to love the flavor. If they die at the wrong time, you wasted a bunch of fluid. But, they last. I find they hit harder too, and though the flavor is slightly less, I really don't notice so it just doesn't make a difference.

My favorite part of attys is mixing flavors. I have found I hate many flavors, I like the taste but I don't like the idea of it when vaping. A drop or two of something you hate with something you only kind of like can make a really great flavor. I combined two flavors I wasn't fond of and made my favorite flavor thus far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread