Getting weak flavor and vapor from dual coil carto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sally_

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2013
VA
I thought I'd give dual coil cartos a try. So far I'm really underwhelmed with them, I'm getting weak vapor and very little flavor compared to single coil cartos. I've tried upping the wattage to 11 but it hasn't helped (2 ohm at the moment, but also got 1.5ohm same results). Is there some kind trick am I'm missing?

Pocha

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I think the "consensus" (if there is one) is that dual coil cartos are just not as good as single coils. I found them to have a higher propensity for burnt/dry hits...possibly because the coil on top (they are arranged vertically) does not get as saturated as the lower coil. Unfortunately you do need to increase the watts to power the dual coils compared to the single coils. Have you tried upping the wattage even higher?

Good luck.

Sally_

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2013
VA
I think the "consensus" (if there is one) is that dual coil cartos are just not as good as single coils. I found them to have a higher propensity for burnt/dry hits...possibly because the coil on top (they are arranged vertically) does not get as saturated as the lower coil. Unfortunately you do need to increase the watts to power the dual coils compared to the single coils. Have you tried upping the wattage even higher?

Good luck.

I've been hesitant to go higher for fear of going too high and burning out, but I don't really see much of an alternative to get flavor out of them. Once I finish these I think I'll stick to using single coil cartos.

DreamWithin

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2012
New England
I think the "consensus" (if there is one) is that dual coil cartos are just not as good as single coils.

That's been my experience :2c: I first tried cartos when the dual coils came out, so at the time I thought they were good. Then I tried out the standard single coils and never went back to duals

FWIW, the dual coils did perform best at higher wattages, I think I usually ran them up around 12 or so, while I like my single coils down around 8. The catch that I found was that only some of my juices at the time actually tasted good in the duals even though they were good in other gear. So if you find a juice that works for you in them, that might be the one to stick with while using them up. That's just my experience with them (and from a couple years ago at that) so YMMV

Sally_

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2013
VA
So far 12-12.5 watts seems to be working okay, getting a bit of flavor, the vapor is still off. It feels like steam rather than vapor if that makes sense, going higher makes it worse. Once my cartos in my other tanks die, I'll swap them out and see if I can find a liquid that will work well, thanks for the tip.

Last edited:
I've been hesitant to go higher for fear of going too high and burning out, but I don't really see much of an alternative to get flavor out of them. Once I finish these I think I'll stick to using single coil cartos.

I run dual coils on all of mine. I also run them all at 3.8 volts. Note: Running at 4 volts shortens the life of the carts, but does work. I usually get 1-2 weeks on my carts running at 3.8 volts. Hope this helps...

javarivanhans

Jan 24, 2015
Houston, TX
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: This is Cartomizers, not Clearomizers :)
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread