Geyscano Box Mod (Chinese 50 Watt BF'er)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Technonut

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2010
East Coast, USA
Display "locked click fire 5X" and "check atomizer" probably chip manufacturing consistency.

Has yours had that issue the entire time Gil? All mine has is an annoying delay out of sleep mode so far. Have you thought about RMA'ing it, or at least contacting AC to see what they say? 70 bucks is 70 bucks afterall...

unsure

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2010
Silicon Valley, California
Has yours had that issue the entire time Gil? All mine has is an annoying delay out of sleep mode so far. Have you thought about RMA'ing it, or at least contacting AC to see what they say? 70 bucks is 70 bucks afterall...

Haven't thought to do so Lee but might. Before I do I was PMed from someone who is a supplier and can't post here who had the same issue. What worked for him was to...

" adjusted the center pin on my atty out a bit. Evidently I wasn't getting a solid connection with the 510. Something to try."....."Be advised the 510 pin on the mod is adjustable but beware you can only go a 1/4 turn or so before you will break the wire that is solder onto the positive post inside. Poor design."

I tried this and its working so far.

Technonut

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2010
East Coast, USA
Haven't thought to do so Lee but might. Before I do I was PMed from someone who is a supplier and can't post here who had the same issue. What worked for him was to...

" adjusted the center pin on my atty out a bit. Evidently I wasn't getting a solid connection with the 510. Something to try."....."Be advised the 510 pin on the mod is adjustable but beware you can only go a 1/4 turn or so before you will break the wire that is solder onto the positive post inside. Poor design."

I tried this and its working so far.

I'm glad someone reached out to you. Hopefully, it will solve the issue. Thanks for posting about it here for others who may find it helpful Gil. :)

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
I bought an BF IgoW from Reos Mods and by accident they built it at 1 ohm using 28g wire. I was shooting for .65ish.
I decided to accept it and he agreed to rebuild it if I turned out not liking it.

The atty build is solid and not shorting. It's a very good vape at around 35 Watts. The issues with it locking and not fallling out of locking went away.

It's still using batteries fast but it's running to the end of the battery indicator. I'm thinking that the Chip doesn't mind high volts but might have problems with high amps. and might have trouble with Sub Ohm.
Time will tell.

I really do enjoy the VW feature and that I can adjust my temperature to the build.

Last edited:

sando7

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2014
Louisville, KY (PRP)
still using the original atty @.9 and it's chucking the :vapor, & batt life is not that bad.

when i get my zenith 2.5, might try 1.0 to 1.2 and see how it does, also might pick up an igo over at REO.

when it comes to BF atty's there seems not to be alot of choices & expensive to boot, saw a BF conversion kit at fatdaddys for a reasonable price that works with 2 or 3 different atty's; might have a look-see at one.

gotta say i'm loving this Geyscano so far, hope they make some wraps for it cause this bad-boy is slippery as an eel......my home-made one looks ok and serves it's purpose but i'd like something better.
yall have a good one!

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
Forgot my Greyscanno went out and didn't vape for 3 hours, Just set it down to 25 Watts. Very strange. Seems that at the higher Ohms need less Watts to get a satisfying vape. Taking long cooler drags.
Anyone ran into this.effect of higher ohms translating to needing lower watts?

At this point, I'm thinking that the sweet spot for vaping on the Greyscanno is around 1 ohm. Also if you are having other issues like it locking or not going out of lock. Try vaping with 1 Ohm or above and ditch the Atty that came with it. Problems seem to have gone away with the BF Igo W from Reos Mods built Dual Coil at 1.0 Ohms. The Voltage is also holding steady at 5.2v. Not seeing the fluctuations I saw before.

Last edited:

Ian444

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2013
QLD, Australia
when it comes to BF atty's there seems not to be alot of choices & expensive to boot, saw a BF conversion kit at fatdaddys for a reasonable price that works with 2 or 3 different atty's; might have a look-see at one.

Between Reosmods and Catfish atty mods you might be able to find some atty's to suit your needs.

Edit - all the ones on Reosmods are bottom feed, and Chowderhead at Catfish modifies new existing atty's for bottom feed.

Last edited:

unsure

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2010
still using the original atty @.9 and it's chucking the :vapor, & batt life is not that bad.

when i get my zenith 2.5, might try 1.0 to 1.2 and see how it does, also might pick up an igo over at REO.

gotta say i'm loving this Geyscano so far, hope they make some wraps for it cause this bad-boy is slippery as an eel......my home-made one looks ok and serves it's purpose but i'd like something better.
yall have a good one!

Another source for the BF attys besides the 2 already mentioned is the Bottomfeeder Forum (sale and trade).

Technonut

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2010
East Coast, USA
I'm actually enjoying the board in this device.. :) I am finding it to be a pretty decent performer with the 1.2 ohm coil currently in use.. The vape has been consistent right down to the cut-off. I'm getting solid resistance / voltage readings, and it has working step-down. As posted earlier, about the only gripe I have is the delay out of sleep-mode. Also, the two bottom front corners are somewhat sharp, but do not cut into my hand when held.

The more that I use the device, the more I like it. Pretty solid little regulated BF'er for the $$ IMO..

Last edited:

unsure

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2010
I'm actually enjoying the board in this device.. :) I am finding it to be a pretty decent performer with the 1.2 ohm coil currently in use.. The vape has been consistent right down to the cut-off. I'm getting solid resistance / voltage readings, and it has working step-down. As posted earlier, about the only gripe I have is the delay out of sleep-mode. Also, the two bottom front corners are somewhat sharp, but do not cut into my hand when held.

The more that I use the device, the more I like it. Pretty solid little regulated BF'er for the $$ IMO..

I have to agree and sorry if I implied the corners cut into one's hand I meant they were sharp squared and imo not as comfortable as rounded corners of other box mods.

So Lee are you still the battery guru we all have relied on in old REO thread? :) Because if so can you tell which of the these 2 AWs are better....IMR18650 1600mAH or the new 2200mAH? I know the 2000 was a disappointment.

Technonut

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2010
East Coast, USA
I have to agree and sorry if I implied the corners cut into one's hand I meant they were sharp squared and imo not as comfortable as rounded corners of other box mods.

So Lee are you still the battery guru we all have relied on in old REO thread? :) Because if so can you tell which of the these 2 AWs are better....IMR18650 1600mAH or the new 2200mAH? I know the 2000 was a disappointment.

I wasn't referring to what you posted about the sharp corners Gil.. Just making a personal observation. ;) As far as the new 20 amp continuous discharge AW's, I haven't personally tried one out yet. I have been using primarily Sony VCT5's, and LG HE2's. I suppose if I needed to make a choice between the AW IMR 2200, and 1600mAh, it would depend upon the resistance I was running. Lower sub-ohm (which I do not do), the 1600, and most anything above, the 2200. This is going by the charts I've come across for the 2200, and the higher continuous discharge rate (15C) of the 1600.. :)

In the Geyscano, I'm running the HE2's ATM....

EDIT: I do seem to be going through juice pretty fast for having such a large capacity bottle. Kind of surprising compared to the 6ml bottle in my REOs, and using the same Nuppin'...

EDIT: LOL! I have to take that back about not running lower sub-ohm.. I neglected to think about the SXmini M Class temp-protected device I recently obtained. I'm running a SMOK Gimlet sub-tank on it, with the included Ni200 coil-heads @ 0.22 ohms.. I would never go that low on a mech though.. ;) I'm running the VCT5's for the most part in it..

Last edited:

calpis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2013
Bay Area, CA
So I finally got mine. First things first, how do I get that horrid smell outta the bottle and tubing?

I had my tubing soaked in 91% isopropyl and in an ultrasonic cleaner with dish soap. That still wouldn't get the smell off the tubing so I just replaced the mystery tubing with a food safe one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread