Geyscano Box Mod (Chinese 50 Watt BF'er)

Status
Not open for further replies.

michliu

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2012
Seattle, WA
Received mine yesterday. Small nits: the double tap needed to wake from sleep and the very sharp ridges on the box holding the door in place. 1.3 ohm coil works nicely at 40 watts.

Attachments

• WP_20150414_001.jpg
    WP_20150414_001.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 72

sando7

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2014
Louisville, KY (PRP)
Received mine yesterday. Small nits: the double tap needed to wake from sleep and the very sharp ridges on the box holding the door in place. 1.3 ohm coil works nicely at 40 watts.

looks good, is it nice and slippery also?.....mine was like trying to hold an Eeel, slicker than a minnows __eter

Reactions: Asbestos4004

Fuzzy Bruce

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2014
Fort Liquordale, Fl.
I have four Zeniths purchased when AC had them on sale. They are OK for their price point. Why four you ask? I have them all built different. One single coil setup at 1 ohm. The others are dual coils built at 0.35, 0.50, and 0.8 ohms. These I use as test beds to see what changes there are to a certain flavor.

opensec

Verified Member
Oct 18, 2014
Indiana
I have four Zeniths purchased when AC had them on sale. They are OK for their price point. Why four you ask? I have them all built different. One single coil setup at 1 ohm. The others are dual coils built at 0.35, 0.50, and 0.8 ohms. These I use as test beds to see what changes there are to a certain flavor.

I also have 4 zenith bought on sale AC, why 4, because one I use, and four i got for $5 each :D

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
So true! Cyclones are great! especially with the AFC cap :)
You can find them in the Classifieds for good prices lately :)

I have a Cyclone on it that's works well. As mentioned by others the more I use it the better I like it. It grows on you. lol For me its a keeper till it dies. :)

BraveNewWorld

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 18, 2014
Pennsylvania
I did build the atty today for giggles......it will short if the cap is pushed too far down. There's no stopping the top cap.

Is anyone else's jumping volts on the screen? I asked before but no one answered. Everything on my build says it's ok so it's not the atty, I'm using multiple atty's, but firing and watching the volts jump from 1.7 to 2.5 and up to 4 then 5.

I hate the delays, I hate the locking 5 clicks...it becomes tedious .... But it works still....I just won't take it out if I can't lock it and unlock on the fly....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread