Geyscano Box Mod (Chinese 50 Watt BF'er)

Status
Not open for further replies.

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
I think the interest has died because everyone was waiting to hear how good or bad it is.
Most are having a good experience with it and feel they got there moneys worth.

Now we just have to wait a while and see who checks in that it's gone dead on them.
Mine is running like a champ. For me the key is to change batteries often [4 hours or so] and
use a higher Ohm Atomizer. [ 1 Ohm]

sandmanpipes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 4, 2010
SC
Sorry to say mine went bad two hours after I got it watts would go up and down but voltage would not change full battery 50 watts 3 volts down to 2.7 as battery weakend, same at 10 watts also, 1.4 ohm coil. I really liked it when it worked. Sent back to AC and received a refund. AC great to work with, just a lot of emails back and forth. I might buy another later but going to wait awhile.

Dunder Mifflin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2009
California
Noob sqonker here. I got mine about a week ago. Happy I got one without the big logo on the face. Just Geyscano on the bottom. I had to spend a little time giving it an alcohol rub down, soaked the tube and bottle in vodka and all was good. The four corners on the front are very sharp. Trying to think how to remedy that. I am also getting unexpected "5 click to turn on" screen. Trying to keep track of when and why. The extra click to get it to fire after sleep mode is a little annoying. The board does look like it could be protected a little better. I hope Nomoreash will post some pictures if he swaps in the DNA 40. I would love to do the same.
The included atty is interesting. A little fussy to get it to sit straight. I am using a Science of Vaping atty AgeLock and it is a really nice, flavorful vape. Sad it doesn't sit flush though. Drooling over Catfish Atty Mods. What have I got myself into. LOL
All in all, I am happy with it. Although I still have Reo Envy. One of these days :)

hildicat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2011
SoCal
Mines been running great for over two weeks now. Surprisingly small compared to how huge it looks in the pictures. Running a dual coil at about .8 ohms and the battery life is not horrible, but not great either. Can vape about 3-4 mils at 33 watts before the battery is toast.

Overall, it's a great value for what it is.

Nomoreash

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
Would running two 18350 AWR's be an issue instead of using the recommended 18650's?

Without knowing the input specs of the chip I would say it would be an issue. If you ran them in parallel it would be fine but if you're talking about stacking them in the battery bay that would be in series and would double the voltage. Lengtyh wise two 18350s stacked would be 18700 which is slightly longer than a single 18650. I doubt you'd have enough room in the battery bay as it's tight with a single 18650. Don't try it and even if it did fit and work you wouldn't see any benefit as opposed to running a single 18650.

Nomoreash

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
I’ve been using mine for a few days and here’s some of my thoughts.

It shipped along with the atomizer, some wire, silica wick, extra O-rings, screws, screwdriver and basic instructions.

My first thoughts after giving it a once over and some initial use were mixed. It’s smaller than I expected from the pics, maybe 2mm taller than a Hana box, about the same depth and 1cm wider, I’ll include links to some size comparison pics at the bottom of this post. The magnetic sliding door fits and works well, slides smoothly and the magnets hold securely in place with no gaps or play and everything lines up as it should. I also like the inclusion of the pulls to help remove the battery and bottle. I know some say they get in the way but for me they really do help, especially with the tight fitting battery. My negative was the finish, it has some minor blemishes which aren’t bad but just seems strange they went to the trouble of including a sliding magnetic door, battery/bottle pull tabs, smoothed edges and beveled squonk hole but didn’t get a consistent finish.

The atomizer seems like an afterthought. Has a wide bore drip tip that narrows at the bottom and the atty is a 3 post design but there’s only one adjustable airflow slot. Also, there’s nothing to stop the body from sliding to far down on the base which could result in a short. However, it did work rather well with a single coil build and a regular drip tip. I’d never use it as one of my regulars due to the way the body slides down on the base but I’ll keep it around for testing flavors.

The buttons have a nice feel/press with little to no play. I wish the fire button was more like the up/down and didn’t stick out as much but that’s preference, it works and feels fine.

The connector seems durable and well secured with a nut on the underside of the enclosure but it isn’t spring loaded so not everything will sit flush which may be an issue to some.

The enclosure feels nice in the hand and has smoothed edges except for the corners which are pointy.

Feeding is a breeze, the tube and needle have a large enough ID to let the juice flow easy, I’ve experienced no leaks and refilling is easy. The squonk hole has a beveled edge which is a nice detail. The 13ml bottle is way overkill for me, my other bf has a 6ml bottle which last me well over a day, sometimes two and by then I’m usually ready to change flavors anyway so I’ll probably be changing the bottle out for a smaller one. I can see it being a plus for high wattage vapors who go through juice faster.

The chip works like most every other cloned chip I’ve used. A little slow to respond at times, especially when coming out of sleep mode but every feature of the chip seems to work fine. They could have protected it from moisture a little better but the battery being in between the bottle and the board should keep any liquid mishaps away. It wouldn’t hurt to cover gaps around the board with electrical tape or a thin layer of silicone though.

I think it’s a great buy for the right price. I’ve seen it going from $70 - $120, at under $100 for what you’re getting I think it’s a bargain in comparison to what else is out there in a metal bf form factor which isn’t much. I realize China QC can be hit or miss, consistency is something they haven’t put into practice so I’m only reporting my findings. Aside from some minor finish defects I can live with and the atty it shipped with which is basically a freebie anyway I’m pleasantly surprised with it.

I’m going to drop a DNA 40 in it when I get some current projects finished. I know some are waiting to hear how that goes so when I’m done I’ll post a link to a new post so I won’t muddy up this one.

http://i1105.photobucket.com/albums/h347/Jakeman02/IMG_0197.jpg

http://i1105.photobucket.com/albums/h347/Jakeman02/IMG_0202.jpg

http://i1105.photobucket.com/albums/h347/Jakeman02/IMG_0199.jpg

Nomoreash

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
Replacement 10ml bottle with tube......anyone link me to get one?

TIA

I don't know of any bottle and tube specifically for this mod and doubt we'll see any but it should be easy to source. I'd check with Rob at Rio or Brian at Red Sky first for tubing. You can order it many places but usually have to order way more than we would ever need. The shortest amount I could find is from Amazon linked below and that's still way to much. I've got some extra tubing from Red Sky I just tried and it fits the connector tube although tight. It looks like the connector feed tube is 1/16" or slightly larger so I'd go with that for an inner diameter and make sure you get silicone tubing that way if it is a little larger it'll give around the tube.

Most any LDPE Dropper Bottle will work and can be sourced from a number of places, you'll just need to drill a hole in the cap just large enough to get the tube through sunggly.

White Silicone Rubber Tubing, Food Grade: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific

BAOdoubleT

Verified Member
Aug 17, 2014
Cleveland, OH
Mine arrived on 04/20 (I know, I know). Have been using it exclusively since. No issues with performance, battery lasts basically all day unless constantly hitting it. No leaks. Used the included atty at first then put on the mini RDA modded for BFing. Respectable clouds and very satisfying flavor. Can tell you now that even after the new wears off I'll be vaping this one.

zvcv9g.jpg

zvcv9g.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread