Geyscano Box Mod (Chinese 50 Watt BF'er)

Status
Not open for further replies.

VAscooter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2014
Springfield, MO
My silver one arrived Tuesday. First impressions of it are that it's looks are OK but not stunning. I may have received and updated version because the logo is on the bottom and not on the door and I don't see any foam around the chip area that others have mentioned. Looks nice and clean. Silver finish was somewhat scratched on the door but were light. It's wider than my Reos but nothing I can't hold comfortably. Battery door is smooth sliding and internals look OK. The chip has performed well so far. There is a little lag like others have said when it comes out of sleep mode but isn't an issue with me. The bottle is pretty thin so pushes really easy. No leaks. I've run my Marquis and Cyclone on it with .3 and .6 and have gone from 25-40 watts. I'm not really a fan of the higher wattage so seriously doubt this will be one of my main mods. I'm still playing with the wattage and having some issues with burnt cotton which is my fault, not the unit. It is definitely a battery hog. I would be taking extra batteries with me for a day trip if it went with me.

Reactions: Magaro

sando7

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2014
Louisville, KY (PRP)
well mine is still doing well, was at Myer's the other day and picked up a stiki peel sheet (blk chain) and re-wrapped it & put my blk ring on my zenith 2.5 w/a blk hive drip-tip and she looks Goth now...if i could figure out how to post pic's after this new software change i would....running a single double twisted kanthal coil (30ga) @ 0.9 w/rayon at 19 watts, hitting fine with decent batt life.....the only thing that seems to be sorta wrong on mine is the screen is off-set a bit to one side, sorta leaning.

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia
I’ve had mine for a few days and so far it’s not bad at all. For the price paid (about $60 – got it at Eciggity when they had their 25% off sale) I’m satisfied. Got it in blue and the fit and finish is decent. Couple of small blips in the finish but you have to look hard to spot them. Screen is centered; logo is just on the bottom.

The only real problem I’ve had is that it has gone into lock mode on its own on two occasions. It goes to sleep and, when I go to fire it, it displays the “click 5x to unlock” message. Clicking it 5x didn’t unlock it, but removing the battery cleared the problem. The two times it happened were on my first day with it. It has not re-appeared since, and I’ve run 3+ full bottles through it. Getting used to the fire delay on wake-up, but it’s still irritating.

I’m enjoying sqonking again! I had a Reo, but sold it about a year or so ago. I just may have to pick up a newer model Reo – the one I had dated back before they had the LP version.

ckone180

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2012
Charlotte, NC
I’ve had mine for a few days and so far it’s not bad at all. For the price paid (about $60 – got it at Eciggity when they had their 25% off sale) I’m satisfied. Got it in blue and the fit and finish is decent. Couple of small blips in the finish but you have to look hard to spot them. Screen is centered; logo is just on the bottom.

The only real problem I’ve had is that it has gone into lock mode on its own on two occasions. It goes to sleep and, when I go to fire it, it displays the “click 5x to unlock” message. Clicking it 5x didn’t unlock it, but removing the battery cleared the problem. The two times it happened were on my first day with it. It has not re-appeared since, and I’ve run 3+ full bottles through it. Getting used to the fire delay on wake-up, but it’s still irritating.

I’m enjoying sqonking again! I had a Reo, but sold it about a year or so ago. I just may have to pick up a newer model Reo – the one I had dated back before they had the LP version.
I have had the same 5x lock, and I believe it has something to do with a short in the atty. the included RDA center post may be loose and needs tightened. My center pin was crooked as well, so when I installed the rda down, it would cause the loose center pin to contact the 510 threading. Tightening the center pin removed that issue for me.

The only issue I have now is that sometimes the fire button is pushed, but no power to the coil. This happens occasionally in the middle of a 4 second pull as well, where the coil will fire for a second, no power for a second and a half and back on. I thought it was the button not registering, but since found that is not the case. I think it is a control board quirk. Otherwise this is a pretty solid device.

Mach6v

May 2, 2015
I lost a magnetic off the door, where can I buy a replacement? Dang thing went flying across the room.

Edit: Nevermind, decided to not be lazy and knocked out another magnet, didn't really want to incase it went flying also and I would be without any...but yeah it measures 3mm x 1mm so nevermind, i'll leave this here so it may help others.

Last edited:

Fuzzy Bruce

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2014
Fort Liquordale, Fl.
^^^^^^^^^^^^still would like to know where you got your BF Rogue

Sorry for the delayed answer, just saw your post. Yep, catfish made a couple of runs of them. I have two and they are both used daily. PM Chowderhead1972 if interested, I think he may still have a few.

you can also email him, chowderhead72@hotmail.com

Last edited:
Reactions: sando7

octa

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 16, 2012
Athens, GA
My Geyscano goes straight to "check battery" when I power her up. We had a great honeymoon for a couple of weeks, was loving this device. But gradually symptoms arose & now it is unusable. . Thinking maybe if I could switch out the chip for an authentic evolv dna 30 this may help. I have no experience in this area but am willing to try to get Geyscano going again. It doesn't look easy to get into the chip area. If anyone has ideas or pointers thanks in advance. .

Nomoreash

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
Angelcigs is sending me a Geyscano to review. From skimming this thread it looks like some of the issues to look out for are the delayed fire from sleep and various board issues. Anything else I should pay close attention to when reviewing it?

I've used mine for a month and really like it. The feeding system works great, tube and connector nozzle has a big enough ID to let even thicker liquids flow easily with little resistance and it hasn't leaked a drop. Corners, especially the front four are pointy due to the door channel, could have been knocked down a bit but it is what it is.

It's been solid and other than the annoying delay coming out of sleep mode I think they did a decent job for the price point. I would have preferred air channels on the connector as I've got some M6 and A7 attys I use for bottom feeding but more and more connectors are coming out without air channels since most rbas and tanks have their own airflow. I even like the atty it came with now that I've got past the awkward design.

QC and the Delay are probably the biggest issues but what can be expected of China QC. Mine had some slight blemishes in the finish and came covered in some kind of slippery oily substance that took forever to get rid of.

inswva

Do you even squonk, bro?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2014
I've used mine for a month and really like it. The feeding system works great, tube and connector nozzle has a big enough ID to let even thicker liquids flow easily with little resistance and it hasn't leaked a drop. Corners, especially the front four are pointy due to the door channel, could have been knocked down a bit but it is what it is.

It's been solid and other than the annoying delay coming out of sleep mode I think they did a decent job for the price point. I would have preferred air channels on the connector as I've got some M6 and A7 attys I use for bottom feeding but more and more connectors are coming out without air channels since most rbas and tanks have their own airflow. I even like the atty it came with now that I've got past the awkward design.

QC and the Delay are probably the biggest issues but what can be expected of China QC. Mine had some slight blemishes in the finish and came covered in some kind of slippery oily substance that took forever to get rid of.

Awesome. Thanks for the input. Do you have one of the earlier ones with the logo on the side or one of the new versions with the logo on the bottom of the mod? I'm assuming the one I'm receiving will be the "new" batch with the logo on the bottom.

michliu

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2012
Seattle, WA
Angelcigs is sending me a Geyscano to review. From skimming this thread it looks like some of the issues to look out for are the delayed fire from sleep and various board issues. Anything else I should pay close attention to when reviewing it?

Mine is black and has logo on the bottom. The chip is only 10 amps, I believe, and seems to be underpowered. Lots of folks complaining about battery life. It may be because the chip can't handle battery sag, but I'm no expert. The QC on the ridges that hold the door in place, they are very sharp in the corners.

inswva

Do you even squonk, bro?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2014
Mine is black and has logo on the bottom. The chip is only 10 amps, I believe, and seems to be underpowered. Lots of folks complaining about battery life. It may be because the chip can't handle battery sag, but I'm no expert. The QC on the ridges that hold the door in place, they are very sharp in the corners.

Excellent info, thanks. I'll definitely be running it through the gauntlet. We'll see how much power it's really making. The 10A output limit is kind of a drag. It's advertised as being able to fire down to 0.2ohm but that will far exceed the board's amp output limit at 50W. 0.5ohm is the low threshold to stay under the 10A limit at 50W. Maybe I've missed it in this thread... are the board's specs known? I can't find any detailed specs, even on Yiloong's site.

Depending on max output voltage, the ideal build will probably fall somewhere around 0.8ohm to 1.0ohm when running max power.

Reactions: michliu

michliu

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2012
Seattle, WA
Excellent info, thanks. I'll definitely be running it through the gauntlet. We'll see how much power it's really making. The 10A output limit is kind of a drag. It's advertised as being able to fire down to 0.2ohm but that will far exceed the board's amp output limit at 50W. 0.5ohm is the low threshold to stay under the 10A limit at 50W. Maybe I've missed it in this thread... are the board's specs known? I can't find any detailed specs, even on Yiloong's site.

Depending on max output voltage, the ideal build will probably fall somewhere around 0.8ohm to 1.0ohm when running max power.
It definitely does not have the power it should. The Hana clone was the same way. The Hana clone also required an extra click to wake up. Coincidence?

Nomoreash

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Chattanooga, TN

Couldn't find anything on the amp limit. I'm not a high wattage or sub ohm user, usually around 15w and rarely if ever go over 20 and my builds are usually sc in the 1 - 1.4ohm range so I haven't had any power issues. I've measured output under load against my authentic DNAs and it's pretty much spot on within my vaping range and battery life seems the same to me but that's just what I've noticed under normal use, no measured compaisons. I did just notice they have the V2 out now and that's probably the one you'll be getting which includes a different atty. The better designed atty is all the Yiloong website talks about concerning the V2 differences, hopefully they will have made other improvements as well.

I just pulled my board out to put a DNA 40 in and I can tell you the board although it operates the same isn't a run of the mill DNA clone size wise. The PCB is laid out different and longer than the DNA board with no fire button attached, for whatever that's worth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread