Geyscano Box Mod (Chinese 50 Watt BF'er)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thomas Mitchell

Verified Member
Feb 21, 2015
Manchester, Ohio
i was interested in this mod but after reading, i think i'll wait for some better offerings as im not too handy with modding. here are a couple of BF attys ive been bookmarking for when i do get me a nicely made VW squonker at an affordable price.

$10.23 Hobo V3 Styled RDA Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer - stainless steel / 22mm diameter at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
^hobo v3 w/ BF pin

$9.27 Zenith V2.5 Styled Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer - stainless steel / 22mm dia. at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
^zenith v2.5 w/ BF pin (its threaded into the pos post in the photo, lol)
Stay away from the hobo it's awful.

Focal has a Velocity clone with BF pin though and it's great.

$9.55-$10.05 Velocity Style Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer w/ Bottom Feeder Pin- Black
Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Reactions: Kemosabe

5spike

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2014
WI
20150721_153121_zps3ogxieuf.jpg

Took out that piece of junk 510 and installed a Fat Daddy 510.
Chucked it in a drill and turned it down till it just fit in the cup. Couldn't stand an atty sitting a 1/16" off the 510.

sando7

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2014
Louisville, KY (PRP)
bought the hobo bf from A.C. USA warehouse, have it on my 2015 Woodvil with an airflow drip-tip and it works great.....maybe i got lucky, also bought the Zorro bf atty and haven't tried it yet.

went back to using the original bf atty that came with my Geyscano, it's still working just fine.

Reactions: unsure

Phone Guy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2013
Arlington, Texas - USA
Anybody know of a replacement board that will match the holes. Hate to dump the box.
You can replace it with a real or clone dna40, will take a little effort, but some of us did it... I replaced mine with a rayn clone40 board, sacrificing the original board to use the switches. In retrospect you could use anything to mount tact switches on, wire them to a dna40 style board and go along your way. Plus any board is better than what comes in this box... I lost the cosmetic hood covering the board, and I made a hot glue mess, but it works fine, and the slide on cover hides everything. I also put in a keystone battery sled just because I had one ;) there are some pictures in this thread I posted earlier. Its not hard if you can solder. Good luck.

Reactions: 5spike

Nomoreash

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
Anybody know of a replacement board that will match the holes. Hate to dump the box.

I put an authentic DNA 40 in mine but the Geyscano board is configured different and longer so the up/down won't line up. I cut the Geyscano board just above the buttons and wired them directly to the DNA 40 but it's still fiddly to get placed just right. Easiest thing would be to use through hole buttons instead of the board mounted tacts for the up/down but that would change the overall look.

As far as a direct replacement that's just a drop in, I don't know of one. I've never came across a board that was configured or the size of the one in the Geyscano.

Reactions: 5spike

unsure

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2010
Silicon Valley, California
Only 4 days but this way better than the brick Geyscano. No issues with the chip and it appears to work much better. Fit in the hand very nicely and my only problem is the bottle on off and that's because of my arthritis not the fault of the device. All that and a better price point.....it's no REO. lol

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
Ok Unsure you convinced me. Just bought the S-body S-CA3 50W 18650 Variable Wattage VW Box Mod from Angel.
I like the look of it, although the Button in the front instead of on top looks like a recipe for Misfires. Sigh...

A contributing factor is that for whatever reason my Reo LP will only accept my Reomizer II RBA. I tried adjusting the pin with screwdriver but for whatever reason the Pin won't rise.
So none of my other RBA will connect. Get's a little boring with using only one RBA.

Seems that this design of APV has been out for over a year. Maybe they have the bugs worked out.
This is a post from a year ago.
Cigaverte Firebox review | E-Cigarette Forum

Last edited:
Reactions: unsure

unsure

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2010
Ok Unsure you convinced me. Just bought the S-body S-CA3 50W 18650 Variable Wattage VW Box Mod from Angel.
I like the look of it, although the Button in the front instead of on top looks like a recipe for Misfires. Sigh...

A contributing factor is that for whatever reason my Reo LP will only accept my Reomizer II RBA. I tried adjusting the pin with screwdriver but for whatever reason the Pin won't rise.
So none of my other RBA will connect. Get's a little boring with using only one RBA.

Seems that this design of APV has been out for over a year. Maybe they have the bugs worked out.
This is a post from a year ago.
Cigaverte Firebox review | E-Cigarette Forum

Different display but basically the same. I can say it feels and works better than the Geyscano (low bar I know). What I find annoying which isn't a big deal is every time I change out the battery and not fast enough it reverts to 50watts instead of my setting.

Reactions: michliu

unsure

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2010
What kind of battery life are you getting. Are you using the RBA that came with it. What Ohms are you at?
I am using AW IMR 2200 and getting a half day (20watts) No, not using the RBA which came with it. My coil is 1.1Ω. If you figure how to adjust the 510 connector on this let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread