GG Penelope

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeepster08

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2012
Fort Worth, TX
I was having the same problem. Try this.... when time to refill, screw mouthpiece closed and take a few drags before removing cap. After refill and replacing the cap, take a 3 or 4 drags before opening the mouthpiece. Relieving the wick of some juice before opening seems to give the liquid somewhere else to go instead of out the bottom. A double wick definately helps also.

Sad Society

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
Thanks For the tips Jeepster.

But PROBLEM SOLVED and the solution was easy. I have some unused Chinese made CE2's still around. (Because I'm a Vapaholic) These are the skinny tube type CE'2 like pictured in this link http://www.e-liquid.cn/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=33 So on the top of these CE2's they have a rubber piece that come on top of them. The rubber piece also has a small hole in the middle.

It is this rubber piece that fits perfectly on the inside bottom of the Penelope. It's a tight fit. But it works. I took out small washer in order to make this one work. And I've experienced no leaking so far.

Jeepster08

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2012
Fort Worth, TX
I have some of these CE2's also in my box of vape stuff. I will have to try this next time I make wick/coil change. Thanks!

Thanks For the tips Jeepster.

But PROBLEM SOLVED and the solution was easy. I have some unused Chinese made CE2's still around. (Because I'm a Vapaholic) These are the skinny tube type CE'2 like pictured in this link http://www.e-liquid.cn/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=33 So on the top of these CE2's they have a rubber piece that come on top of them. The rubber piece also has a small hole in the middle.

It is this rubber piece that fits perfectly on the inside bottom of the Penelope. It's a tight fit. But it works. I took out small washer in order to make this one work. And I've experienced no leaking so far.

Sad Society

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
I have some of these CE2's also in my box of vape stuff. I will have to try this next time I make wick/coil change. Thanks!

No Problem. A rubber CE2 Cap that you normally throw away when you start using a new CE2 has now become part of my RBA Penelope.

I didn't like the idea of still having to use the same original O-ring that came with the Penelope and just tightening the inside piece all the way in order to keep it from leaking. I still wanted to control the air intake and this works.

MickeyRat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2011
Hickory, NC
Hi pls. help me reg. penelope , when I wrap the wick with wire 32 I always get a high reading in ohms 3.3 . I dont have a non resistant wire , I wanted a low ohms like 1.5 to 1.7 , pls. help what should I do is the non resistant wire important ? thanks .

You're going to need some NR wire. If you don't have it, you're going to get high resistance and you'll probably fry your wick.

Speedjester

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Boston
I really like my Penelope... But I am very unhappy with the lack of parts needed to keep it up and running... Anyone know were I can pickup a ceramic and center post..I'm on the notify list at COV and since they don't seem to respond to emails not sure when I will be back up and running... Any help would be appreciated..

79Silo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
anyone using mesh and wicks as your burning element? i been playing around for a week and try them out. it was good but i discover something and i need comments. ok set up 1 mesh and coils getting 2.4ohm out of it.. usually i burn 2.4ohm at 4.3-4.5volts and according the right voltage for the ohms.. that is what i commonly used. Then it produce less vapor.flavor and TH. Yesterday my wife play around with my provari, then i take it from her and vape a massive flavor,th and vapor out of it.. and i was thinking, why suddenly it happen.. check the voltage and it set to 5volts.. is it ok to burn a single coil wrap in mesh of 2.4ohm to burn at 5volts? after that i was having this idea when i wrap using a mesh and wicks i should burn it higher than normal.. anyone?

K*Rose

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2011
South Jersey
Hi everyone. I'm new to the Penelopes. I got my hand on two. They are a breeze to set up, but, I have two problems maybe you guys can help me with. #1 I wrapped 8 coils with 32 gauge on both my Penes and the both read 3.2 ohms. What am I doing wrong? Could this be cause by my coils being to far apart. #2 the flavor is great, but, the throat hit is harsh, really harsh. Is this because they are wrapped and such high ohms or will it get better as the wick "breaks in". Thanks for any help.

dDubs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
Buffalo, NY
Are you looking for lower resistance? If so, just do less wraps. 8 wraps is a lot for a rebuildable, at least the ones I'm familiar with. I haven't personally gotten to play with a penny. It's the length of wire that determines the resistance, not the amount of coils. If you have a higher resistance coil, the vape is going to be weaker, so I doubt its the resistance giving you a harsh TH. We will have to see what a penelope user has to say...

Huffelpuff

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2011
Philadelphia Burbs
HI KR,

Lightly turn the mouthpiece counterclockwise and loosen a bit. See if you get better wicking. Make sure to retighten before you refill. Think that you may have too many coils so would rebuild w/ shorter resistance wire. Make sure that the connections are short too - Penelope doesn't need a long braided connection on the wires.

Hope that this fixes it. If not shoot me PM. I'll be on again tomorrow.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread