Not open for further replies.

mamu

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2009
IN USA
Here's one from cosican

GG. I held out forever before I finally bought the GG, with all the comments and problems it seemed to have on the GG site, I was reluctant. However, I am Thrilled with it, I did buy several adapters and with the 6.vs and the 510 together, it is just a great product, It will last forever, I can drive over this thing and have no concerns. It feels like I have a piece of art in my hand and Imeo needs to be quite proud of it. I would buy any of his products and know he and Tim will stand behind it, With any of the adapters, they all perform well and all the adapters fit on ALL of my 901 threadings for all my other mods, So, I got a lot for my money, The $150.00 plus I spent, is well worth it, I would reccomend it to everyone, with no issues, AND BTW THE MINIPIPE ATOMIZERS,THE 888'S, FIT ON IMEOS 801 ADAPTERS, THANKS IMEO, now I have a reason to use those mini pipe atomizers, that have been put away, 3 days after I bought the MP. The GG is by far as good as everyone says it is and I use it all the time. The battery life, performance, looks, feel, everything is great.

mamu

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2009
IN USA
Here's my review:

Title: GG Review - first week impressions
This is my impressions of the GG. I've been vaping with it this week and thought I'd share my experiences.

When it arrived, my very first impression was that it wasn't as big as I thought it was going to be. It's just an unch longer then my screwdriver (SD) and its width is just an unch smaller than the SD.

It has a very solid feel to it and fits nicely in my hand. It has that hand-crafted quality look and feel that we don't see much of now-a-days. The button is a nice size and I understand that it is adjustable, but it came preset to a good height. I played with the button a bit and it pops up and down nicely.

I unscrewed the end cap to pop in the batteries and the first thing I notice is that there are no wires or soldering inside the battery case. All the components, both inside the case and outside, are all manually crafted into place. So I'm thinking how the heck Imeo (the designer and manufacturer of the GG) got his hands in there to position those tiny pieces in place LOL!

The atomizer end-cap, battery side, doesn't have one of those springy things but a flat base plate that pops up and down. I'm thinking this is very good for me - I don't have much luck with those springy things, they seem to untwist or unravel and I have to fiddle with getting them curled again. The end caps thread on and off nicely with a very good fit.

So I screw on a 901 atty, which screws on nice and tight, drip a few drops on the atty, put the mouthpiece on and take a drag. oh… my… god!! The first thing I notice is the enhanced warmth of the vapor - I mean my whole mouth filled with very warm, very soothing vapor. And the flavor - I never knew my liquid tasted that good! I then inhale the vapor and the throat hit I got was absolute heaven - none of my previous e-cigs even came close to giving me that kind of throat hit. I'm thinking wow, wow, and wow again!

I take a few more drags and my room is like this vapor filled den hahaha!! Hubby comes in, takes one look, shakes his head, and walks out. Now I'm sitting there looking at this amazing device and the biggest grin spreads across my face. For the very first time since I started vaping I realize that I have finally found what I've been looking for.

The warmth, vapor, and throat hit from the GG are absolute heaven. There's no other way to describe it - a little bit of heaven on earth for my vaping satisfaction.

It almost feels surreal - everything is SO enhanced - the warmth, the vapor, the throat hit, even the flavor. Only when the battery charge got very low did I notice a difference in performance.

I bought the 510 adapter with the GG, so now I try that. Nice good fit to the GG and to the atty. Drip a few drops on the atty, put the mouth piece on, and WOW - I didn't know the 510 atty could do that hahaha!!

So now I primarily use the 510 atty with the GG. It's interesting in that the 510 atty doesn’t get nearly as hot as it did with the 510 battery. The only explanation I would have for that is the 510 adapter barrier is blocking some of the heat transfer.

I haven't fried any attys this week, either 510 or 901, but I do keep them wet, without flooding them of course.

Since using the GG this week, I realize I didn't know what I was missing. But now vaping with the GG, I REALLY know what I was missing!

I now know why Imeo calls this puppy immortal - I think it will last me forever and I am SO in my comfort zone.

CONS:
None I can think of right now. The design and overall build of the GG is remarkable. The only con I can think of is I can't seem to get the GG unglued from my mouth hahaha!!

PROS:
Significant improvement in warmth, vapor production, throat hit, flavor vs vaping at 3.6 volts. Solid, durable, built tough. Exceptional hand-crafted quality workmanship

I can use a 3.6 v battery with a spacer if I want lower volts, but after vaping with 6 volts I don't see that happening. I've found I can take very short drags and still get full effects rather than having to take a looong drag to get good vapor and throat hit. Definitely a plus!

From what I understand, the next models have a security button added where it can be locked and not depressed accidentally. I think the next generation of GGs is going to be what Imeo calls the GG Transformer where you can have the best of all worlds with versatility of design and voltage capabilities.

I definitely recommend the GG.

mamu

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2009
IN USA
And another from truelove:

Imeo,
I dont know where to begin.
looks = to kill, smaller in my hand then in your videos,GREAT!
Vapor = (I dont know how you or tim can take 5 sec drags) MONSTER !
Construction = solid and light.
It is a 300.00 dollar unit.
Batt life = still on the first set and my head is in cloud 9.
I found my true love thanks to you, tim and iken.
Thank you, Really thank you very much.

mamu

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2009
IN USA
Another from carol:

update from me
I have the updated GG back now for a while and i'm very pleased with it , it has a nice soft spring now.
Also i have the 801 adapter and i'm pleased with that either, its smokes terrific.

It 's for me the nr 1 in electric smoking.

( I made myself an usb for the old cigarillo's today, and it works lol)
I'm so very handy lol

mamu

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2009
IN USA
From Vaughanie:

Title: My GG
I had some initial teething issues with my new GG (which I've had in my hot little hands for a couple of days now) but after rereading the posts and Tim's recent advice (thanks for that Tim over cleaning and connections) I'm getting far more consistant vapour.

I'm absolutely delighted with it and it's certainly generating a lot of interest when I'm out and about. One guy informed it was "a Philip Morris product" and even asked me if I worked for Philip Morris!!! Imagine!:rolleyes: I assured him of course he wouldn't find the product on the Philip Morris site. I even get stopped on the street with people intrigued. The novelty of this may wear off!! Because it produces so much vapour you get some very envious glances from smokers, who I suppose are wondering if it's the phreakin' Holy Grail... :evil:

I'm still getting to grips with how much to top up without spillage but I'm sure that will come with practice. Also the beast doesn't stop producing vapour after 10 sucks and if I'm in a bar I don't always spot the "burnt" taste after a few Vodka Martinis:)

Anyway, many many thanks to Imeo and Tim. I'm thinking the GG was very much one of my better investments and I'm very much in love with my new toy as an aid to continue to being smoke free.:thumb:

mamu

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2009
IN USA
Yet another from KoS:

Yes Yes Yes. I got my GG and wow it rocks. Everything I thought it would be. Small, light weight and solid. Imeo the switch is great. I originaly thought I would want the switch up near the atty at first but after handling it you were right it is in a perfect spot and near the atty would be cumbersome. Also got my DX order today too ( what are the odds). I am like a kid at Christmas, with a buzz like an adult at Christmas :D

mamu

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2009
IN USA
This one is from rejoice:

Received my GG back after the upgrades. Sakis, you have really improved GG. I cannot believe the vapor from her now. She really streams. I am most happy. The vapor is even warmer. Love that soft touch button. Love that my name is on her. Love that it now saids on her GG Immortal steam machine. I like that it is smaller. Most I like the vapor. It is warmer and lots of it. There was alot before,but this is unreal. Love it!!! Love it! Love it!!!!

Thank you Sakis very much.

mamu

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2009
IN USA
Nice comments from dimis69:

I am a new user of GG. This product is amazing. The smoke that produses is something I have never seen before. It was really unexpectable. The throat hit is the best. It hits more than an analog. I use it for ten days now and I am very impressed. The size is much smaller than your videos and its very light. I thought it was heavy because of its solid construction but not at all.
Imeothanasis thank you very much for the GG, keep going the good work

mamu

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2009
IN USA
A review from Fred:

I received my GG this morning and :hubba: it's really impressive.
Others said it already but I felt like smoking my first ever cigarette with the first try: 6V batteries & 901 cartridge then with the adapter and a 801 atty.
I was craving for two days before: using nicotine gums all the time and not able to focus on anything (2mg gums only...) and now I am fully satisfied.

You saved me from using the "break in case of emergency" pack of analogs I had. I understand why some people really love you here ;)

The 3.7V batteries are still charging so I can't comment on that yet.
I just wanted to say it's indeed a fine art work and wow 6v is strong.

Only small problem: after using a cartridge with the stainless atty without trouble I tried dryed vaping with 2 drops of liquid and... nothing. The atomizer doesn't get hot anymore.
One dead atty but I had 3 spare 901 ones so no problems to continue.

Back to testing and a review to write for the french forums too :)

PS: I understand now why you said it's no use to have a backup device. For me it's more about not being able to use an old model with satisfaction than the GG being immortal. How could I vape those other models before ?!?!

mamu

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2009
IN USA
Detailed review by ikenmoke:

Title: GG Grant Follow-up Review by Iken
This Pv is Version 1, and now has been upgraded in various areas. 6/4/2009

This is a Written follow up review of the GG Version 1 made in Greece by a man named Imeothanais.
This is a battery modified PV (Personal Vaporizer) Handcrafted down to the button:)
It truly does work like a dream and is much smaller than what it seems.
I have owned the GG for a few months now and was hoping to do a follow-up video review,
but I finally let it go back to Greece for the final upgrades just this week. Upon arrival I will do the final video review.
One of those upgrades besides the losing of the springs is a new handmade button.
Another nice new add-on is personalization by engraving whatever your preference is.
vzj394.jpg

Power:
GG uses 2 3v Cr2 batteries (in series) producing 6 volts total.
Using 6v is now and has been my preference since using the GG.
Which is very nice to be in control of when you need batteries I am still on the same 2 pair.
They can be found at very good prices at DealExtreme: $3.82 Rechargeable 3V CR2 800mAh Green 2 Packs
They last approx. 5-6 hours at a time, and I am a heavy smoker. They take approx 1.5 to 2 hours to charge.

Juice consumption & Cart-life
(3 drops=6 puffs)
I would definitely recommend using the GG with no cart stuffing, this is a "dripping" style device. Have no worries because this device is sealed and will NOT drip into the battery component.:)
No worries though, running 6v really intensifies flavors like to the fullest potential In my opinion.
<Bit of a mixologist :mrgreen:
Topping off really isn't so bad because 3-5 puffs equals out to about 15-20 regular puffs compared to an ordinary personal vaporizer.
Which intern satisfies your crave/need much quicker ;)
This may sound cliche but with juice consumption being pretty high, the GG really billows out lots of smoke.
It's amazing, really. On the forum there is a video of a GG vs. Analog (regular cigarette)
The throat-feeling (Throat-hit) of an actual cigarette is without a doubt there, always, The hits are very consistent, I haven't had any mis-fires as of yet. You really feel this powerhouse on every push of the button.

Durability
This thing took a beating, I almost felt bad for sending it in pretty bad condition, I know clumsy. :p
Even through hardtimes the GG never failed. There is a video, soaking the GG and the infamous creash tests videos on Ecf in the photos & videos section of the GG forum.

Atomizer life:
One of the greatest cleaning methods for an atomizer would be to run 6 volts through for a certain amount of time.
That said,
I physically owned the GG for 7 weeks,.
One atomizer did die within a week of his video because the button
got triggered between my couch cushions lol *upgrade*
My second atomizer so far lasted me 46 days,
good thing I bought 10 in advanced ;P

**801 and 510 adapters are also available**

GG's are sold in the UK @ SmokeJuice - HOME
or for further information such as new models GGNano or Superslim
visit The GG - e-cigarette-forum.com • The place for electronic cigarette reviews, news and chat
There is a section of Photo's and Videos here as well

Any questions, please don't hesitate to ask ;)

mamu

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2009
IN USA
This one is from dikerry:

Title: if you want the best
from a GG owner and user --

if you want the best device,
hand crafted excellence,
simplicity of design and
excellence of manufacture,
no solder, no breakable parts,
will last a lifetime,
choice of size models,
superb vapour production on all models,
choice of different battery sizes and strengths,
choice of different adapters for different attys,
looks sleek and sensuous,
great throat hit,
terrific flava enhancement of juice,
total satisfaction of your non-smoking experience.

as I said, ....
when only the best is good enough,
go with the GG,

because you deserve it ...............

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
  • Deleted by imeothanasis
  • Reason: off topic

mamu

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2009
IN USA
A rating scale by cosican

as it stands right this moment

5) Janty Stick
4) SD
3) LV Magnums I broke my long ( another reason I hate any plastic on these things
2) and 1) the Prodigy and the GG are so so close, as of right this minute the GG is more versatile with the adapters and the fact that the GG adapters fit all of my 901 threadings on everything, where the Prod adapters are for the Prod only

Iken

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
PA,USA
Heres one from Mr.E
Hey all,

Mr.e received his GG yesterday This baby definitely lives up to all the hype! What was all this talk at using the GG at 6V??!? Is there any other way? I'm not a 901 user, so have just tried it with 501 and 801 attys. I tried the lower nic. as suggested, but am finding I have to take longer drags to be satisfied. Currently the 24mg ECOpure Rich is what I'm vaping. The 801 atty is where I find the smoothest, flavor packed, heavenly experience! I use the 801 with a cart, and found the 501 best for dripping, though this is just my personal opinion. I have the brass end caps, and personalized engraving, so no mistaking among friends that "This is MY GG!" Thank you Imeo for your immortal contribution to "I'll NEVER go back to analogues EVER again!!!" You definitely get MUCH more of a SMOKEY flavor out of the Juice, and you do need to feed the hell out of this baby...BUT WHO CARESLOVE! LOVE! LOVE my GG Thank you Tim for your EXCELLENT service and attention to detail...Three cheers for Smokejuice and Imeo the GREAT!!!!

Much Love,
Mr e

tribalmasters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2008
United Kingdom
I can't think of how to write my review! Al I know is my GGGrant just works! Amazing throat hit on 6 volts, built like a tank, button is awesome! It really is the most beautiful immortal e-cig I ever had! Its also a handy fashion accessory. the shine from the GG can be seen for miles around especially when you have brass end caps!

The only thing I would change is the cheap CR2 battery charger, mine had a missing spring meaning I can only charge 1 battery at a time but there aren't many charger options for charging the CR2s yet and Imeo didn't make those!

Judge Mental

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2009
FL
Here's mine...

I got my GG yesterday and I can say that all the glorious accolades are totally justified. It's a beautifully hand crafted work of art that truly performs.

As everyone says, it's smaller than it looks in the pictures/videos. I'm petite and it fits in my hand perfectly and doesn't look like something that came straight out of a toolbox. It's solid yet surprisingly light. The manual brass button in strategically placed at the end and easy to operate with my pinky.

There is no wiring, no soldering, no glue and no springs, all of which have the potential to go bad sooner or later (probably sooner).

The vapor this machine produces is absolutely stupendous. Thick, smooth and full of flavor.

I've tried many and various units with moderate success but have been left unsatisfied. I still felt the need for that morning analog and a couple of others throughout the day - until the GG.

The vapor this machine produces is absolutely stupendous! Thick, smooth and full of flavor.

I've found the end of the rainbow - the perfect e-cig - total satisfaction! It's worth every single penny (and then some) to get that analog monkey off my back. And doing in in style!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread