imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
Another one from Latinochillin

Received The GG !
Hello, Just received the GG a couple of days ago and have a few quick comments that will hopefully help a few peeps and their quest for finding the sweet spot in e-cigs to quit smoking.

First I would like to thank everybody in this forum ! Their help and reviews have been helpful, entertaining and I have learned a lot about our hobby along the way.

I have a few units, mini (From a mall and a waste of money lol but did help to open the doors on the whole e-cig thing), VX2, 501, 801, Janty now the GG and prodigy on the way. I have been trying to quit for a while and nothing has helped until now ! (Crossing fingers :thumb:)

I have been unable to find a sweet spot combination between e-cig and juice before I received The GG. The VX2 doesn't hit the same all the time and poor battery life, the 501 burned carts but is a good hit even though battery life is not great but passthrough is a good option when available. 801 was ok with or without passthrough but not that strong of a hit all the time and a lot of juice is wasted. The Janty was the best until now :D. The Janty gives a good hit every time but still didn't hit the spot that I need to quit analogs so I ordered the GG and prodigy and I was glad I did !!!

The GG with the 3.7 resembles a lot the Janty but on 6 volts maaaaan this thing is the closest to a real cig I have had. I only have the adapter for the 901 and hopefully the 801 and 501 will be arriving soon. The hit is always the same and the flavor is enhanced and in some cases tastes completely different in a good way. At 6 volts (With a 901 adapter) is not the same as with any other e-cig I have tried. While the flavor and hit are better we have to be careful how it is smoked. I have already burned 3 attys in 1 day but that was my mistake since I was getting just to it. The juice gets burned much faster and can burn the atty really quick if not enough juice is in there. As soon as the burnt taste from the juice is there the atty has to be dripped or you'll end up dripping your atty in coke, blow drying it and dancing around it in hopes that it will come back to live :p

Even with 0 nic apple juice from smokey treats I am getting a better throat hit than with any other e-cigs this things is really, really, really good and the design is coul too. Props to IMEO and Tim for making and marketing a product like this and to all the other makers out there because while this is relatively a new concept everybody seems to be pushing for a better e-cig and this could potentially save many lives in the process.

By the way the battery life on the GG is not bad at all 6 volts lasted about a day smoking it every hour for about 15 to 20 puffs. As far as the juice I have ordered from a few places and from my taste on throat hit the best have been from Totally Wicked (Coconut) and Janty (Red Bull)

Adios !

Last edited:

mary1972

Jul 14, 2009
hello to all, new user here and I deside to write about gg. This cigarete is the best cigarete I smoke. I am sure that it will go all around the world selling crazy. Smoke is big and thick and the kick is wonderful. I will stop the real cigaretes very soon. I try evo trogs penstyule my friend mod but this simple strong power is I dont know how to say its a mysterious and so nice constraktion that i am impress. my english is very bad but i try to say what feel but i cant really. thank you imeothanasis you are the more best man here

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
hello to all, new user here and I deside to write about gg. This cigarete is the best cigarete I smoke. I am sure that it will go all around the world selling crazy. Smoke is big and thick and the kick is wonderful. I will stop the real cigaretes very soon. I try evo trogs penstyule my friend mod but this simple strong power is I dont know how to say its a mysterious and so nice constraktion that i am impress. my english is very bad but i try to say what feel but i cant really. thank you imeothanasis you are the more best man here

Thanks a lot suzi for the welcome to mary!

mary, mary, what a lovely girl you are honey!!! Your english are only a little more worse than mine before I come here. But if you stay they will be your second nature xa xa.

Thanks a lot sweety for your kind words, and you are one of the best women here. I hope you to stay with the other girls here, enjoing the hospitality.:thumb:

mamu

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2009
IN USA
Comments from paulspikey...

I just received my GG today that I bought from another ecf member. I debated whether or not to get it or the prodigy....I guess the thing that swayed my vote was the looks and the simplicity of the GG. I have used it for about 6 hours now with a 2 hour charge on the battery. I am using a 901 atomizer and eastmall.net Kent flavored juice. I can sum this review up with one word:

AWESOME

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
Review of the GG Trans

This arrived quickly and safe-and-sound from Greece to the UK in just four days.

First impressions were:

• Fantastic engraving which was done to specification with my name and my logo as well as the beautiful GG logo and wings.
  • Three body parts which had been precisely engineered and machine worked to snugly fit together, along with two beautifully machine worked ends made from aluminium. I also recieved two brass end caps, which to be honest, are much nicer than the aluminium ones due to their weight and precise match-up with the button. Al together, this PV has been very finely made by hand... how can you grumble about that?
  • The new button modification is fantastic. The button is very easy to lock by screwing a small nut, and unlocks the same way, and is very easy to depress when unlocked. It also has the new safety mechainism to stop it being activated when in contact with metal. Ingenious!
  • The new trans has incorporated 'vent holes' in case of battery failure. These are located at the rear end, and rather than being ugly, this triad of holes with one central one, is a welcome safety feature and something that at present is not available on other higher voltage/ battery powered PV units. Having seen the outcome of a venting battery and fire on a GG, I have to point out that all models of PV are capable of batteries venting and blowing out through the only available place, which is going to be the switch hole in the vast majority of cases. The added vent holes may well save injury to the user. Nice thinking!
  • My only very slight grumble was the dull nature of the aluminium casing. Some people will probably not be bothered by this at all, but for me, I like shiny. It took less than ten minutes to bring the body and brass caps up to a gleaming finish using jewellers rouge (red).

Other notable impressions was just how finely this whole piece had been dreamed up, with no wires or solder, perfect engineering, and an eye to detail.

Vaping:
All these combi's were tried out using a 901 atomiser.

• I firstly tried this with a 18650 2500mAh battery. No spacers were required, the fit was snug and perfect with all three trans sections. The vapour production and throat hit at 18mg is very good, comparing this with another popular and well-known 3.7v vaping device, it matched it perfectly. The difference is, after two days of using this battery, it still has not needed to be replaced. This will be attractive to a lot of users!
  • Tonight, I switched to try the trans in 'nano' format. Dinky and sweet with just one 3.7v CR123a, I know that for an evening out, this version is perfect and provides equal vapour to the larger 18650 batteries. Again, a snug fit was achieved. The largest engraved section is all that is required.
  • Back to my third battery config. I placed 2 CR123a 3.0v batteries into a trans made up of all three sections screwed together, and and wow, mega amounts of vapour and a great throat hit from a mix of just 10mg nicotine. In this case my batteries were the soshine brand and required 2 small magnetic spacers to achieve the snuggest of fits. I have more generic blue 3v CR123a's that I havent yet tried for fit.
  • If you wish to use an AA battery at 3.7v, screw the largest section to the shortest section. I have found that no spacer is required. Again, good vapour and throat hit!

I have exhausted my types of battery in testing this beauty out. To recap my combinations:

• 1 x CR123A 3.7v unprotected spiderfire, no spacer required, largest trans section.
  • 2 x CR123A 3.0v + two spacers (soshine brand), spacers may not be required if using protected versions or other brands of this battery, all three sections required.
  • 1 x 18650 3.7v unprotected, no spacers required, all three sections used
  • 1 x AA 3.7v ultrafire protected battery, no spacers required, largest and shortest section combined.

I have been unable to comment on the CR2 batteries, not possessing them.

Awaiting eagerly, the connectors to try this out with the 801 and 510 atomisers :)

Final Comments:

• Beautifully designed, this beats other PV's out there at the moment, hands-down! Extremely high quality precision engineering means that the sections thread together with perfect ease. The button is placed in a very easy to use place at the farthest end of the unit (away from the atomiser end). The button lacks the ugliness of the plastic buttons being used in other PV models; it is a sleek, good-looking brass button. People who admire engineering will want to admire the workmanship of this lockable button and ingenuity in its safety feature, let alone admiring the entire unit!
  • It polishes up to a high gleam with ease, if you wish for a polished unit, and the logo is a very tasteful one. You can, for a fee with the laser engravers, personalise your GG with your own design. Good looking!
  • The GG is very easily adapted to fit whatever combination of battery you fancy, and is currently the only model out there that allows you to switch from 3.7v to 6v effortlessly... and I gather, in a few weeks, you will also be able to add the modification to existing models for a 5v vape too.
  • Safety has been well and truly addressed. With a 5v feature on the way, those who worry about higher voltage vaping and losing atomisers will have much less need for concern too.
  • And don't forget it won't be too long before the GG also has an autofeeding system for juice, again an add-on mod rather than requiring you to buy a whole new unit!
  • The GG inventor and producer will always be striving to produce better add-ons, a benefit that most other producers of PV's will not be able to do. Other models require purchase of an entirely new unit for improvements... and yet other models are not set to ever be improved :)

I may sound as if I am trying to sell this beauty to vapers. But I have to say that as a vaper of six months, I have tried a lot of different units now, and I believe in honesty. I tried the Grant thanks to a friend who owns it, and I would have said, beautiful design and ingenuity, but in need of improvements to safety. This has been done with the Trans. And as I read the forums (I am a lurker), safety is being addressed through recall of earlier models too. There is no room to pull up the GG design on safety grounds now... so critics, you will have to look elsewhere!

Final marks:
10/10, right now, this has to be the best PV out there IMHO!

Man who wrote that does not want to uncover his name. I post it here by copy-pasting the e-mail I received

ckc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 3, 2009
UK
I've only been vaping for 2 months and before this i only owned a 901. After shopping for what many call a 'mod' the GGT seemed to me to be the best choice.

The button moved places,multiple battery choices and therefore altered in size.Ideal.

Then the GG was altered, no more moving button and i felt i was back to shopping again. I was assured that the button was comfortable at the bottom and so i purchased the GGT feeling slightly dissapointed, i was soon to change my mind.

I recieved the GGT,for someone who had never laid eyes on anything other than a 901 it was simple to use,nothing looked breakable,giving it a shine made it become mine.The button is easy to use even for someone whose never used one,the point of it being lockable means i can put it in my pocket without worry,its lovely in the hand,very tactile and even though its only being used by me at 3.7v with a 901 i'm very impressed,ok i'm hook,line and sinkered!

If i'd known then what i'm vaping now i wouldn't have signed into Paypal 3 times and signed out before pressing the pay button, i would have set my alarm clock and been first in the queue.

Lovely Imeo,just lovely.

Lisaf01

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2009
UK
www.cremedevape.com
Ok, so the postman woke me up (as usual) on Saturday with a package requiring a signature! :D I was still half-asleep and didn’t realise it was from Greece until I opened it and my new GG Transformer fell out. :thumbs:I wasted no time and immediately loaded a pre-charged 18650, attached a 901 atty, dripped and started vaping.

The next thing I did was to put away all of my other e-smoking kit including the two USB passthrus I had been using up to this point...I knew I wouldn’t be needing any of that stuff any more!

So here’s my review of this device:

First Impressions
I have ridiculously small hands and the device is huge to me, I knew it was going to be, even the nano option seems very large in my hands. For most "normal" people, this will not be a problem at all and you may even find it to be smaller than anticipated – I have seen more than one person say that it was smaller than they imagined.
In fact, I wouldn’t say it’s a problem for me, I like the fact that it feels substantial and robust, I just felt the need to mention it here cos of my weird tiny hands. Until battery technology moves on, this isn’t something that can be improved on anyway and the numerous battery options the trans offers, more than makes up for the size in my opinion.

Construction
The device is very cleverly designed, all mechanical, with no wires or soldered parts that could be prone to wear or breakage. This is a huge plus point as most of the other non-disposable e-cig products out there are destined to fail by their very design. The approach taken with the GG aims to eliminate all of these known issues, thereby creating what the inventor calls an “immortal device” that is intended to last forever with only minimal servicing required.

The entire device appears to be beautifully constructed. The threads are precisely engineered and all parts of the product attach and detach with ease. I find the button placement perfect and the action required to activate it is just a feather-light touch – very easy with the little finger. The button does extend a fair bit from the main body of the device but this is due to the fact that it is lockable – a really great safety feature. I guess it just might be possible to lose a millimetre or two by reducing the width of the lock nut maybe? That’s being pretty picky though and it’s not that big of a deal.

I have found that I needed to be careful the first few times when attaching atomisers as there remain a few small burrs in the threads from the production process – this is to be expected so I knew what to watch out for – others may not be aware of this so I mention it here for those people...It would be a shame to be slightly too heavy-handed and damage the threads because of it.

Aesthetics
The entire device has a strong industrial look to it that I personally like very much. I have seen that several people have buffed theirs up and I will probably end up doing this too. If however, you want to go for a high mirror shine, you risk losing the attractive engraving, so be aware of this. So far I have shined up just the caps and they look great. I also went for the optional additional caps in brass and they shine up beautifully as well.

The button on mine required sanding and buffing when I received it as Imeo accidentally missed out this step during production. I actually enjoyed doing this, it provided a kind of a bonding session with my new GG....:)

The front cap (the one opposite the atty cap) has three holes in it that I understand are there to perform a venting function in the event of a serious battery failure. This seems to be a good safety feature as battery quality does seem to vary widely from place to place. In addition to this, I like the way the holes look and the fact that that they can also double-up as places to thread a lanyard if required.

Performance
You can read elsewhere all over this forum about the different battery options that you can use by selecting different combinations of the trans sleeves. My trans was shipped a little faster than I expected so I didn’t have time to get my battery options prepared in advance.:D

So, as yet, the only option I have tried is the "giant" configuration using all the sleeves and a 3v 18650 2500mah battery. The first brand new, fully charged battery I used lasted in excess of 30 hours of pretty heavy vaping which I thought was pretty amazing! I am looking forward to receiving my other batteries in the post so that I can try out the 6v vaping that everyone’s been talking about. I may provide an update to this review once I have tried out the other options.

Value for money
There’s no denying that this is a fairly expensive device compared to many of the others on the market. However, I understand that the entire product is manufactured by hand machining from start to finish and bearing this in mind, I would say the pricing is surprisingly reasonable and definitely good value for money. Each one is obviously a labour of love on the part of the manufacturer and he clearly can’t be making any kind of decent profit out of his efforts.

It’s the first high-end PV I have purchased and I won’t be needing to spend any money on any others because this device does it all.

Over time, I can see the high initial cost being massively offset by the very low cost of consumables which have the added benefit of currently being much more widely available than proprietary e-cig ones.

Care & maintenance

Regular cleaning of all the contact points is a must as with any device of this nature. Worth paying particular attention to the atty connection as this is where you are likely to get juice leakage if you direct drip. Other than that, I guess a light buffing from time to time to keep it looking in tip-top condition.

Conclusion

I am very pleased with this device so far, even though I have yet to try all of the available battery configurations. I am eagerly awaiting the specially designed atomiser and Auto Feeding System that will hopefully be available in the not too distant future.
:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Last edited:

emonty

Flavor Junky
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 15, 2009
the Netherlands
Imeo:
Unbelievable, what a piece of Art. I got my GG and Slim delivered today :D (it was send last Saturday). Using the GG on 7,4 Volts, I had to lower the Nicotine level half way to 7 or 8 Mg and it is outrageous!!!! What a Vape, what a taste, what a design, really I am very very impressed. Only problem: I have to wait for my batties from DX!!!:mad: Again a big thank you from the Netherlands!!!!!! :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

emonty

Flavor Junky
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 15, 2009
the Netherlands
5 days vaping with the GGT and still going strong. I do have a question

looking at the picture: Is the round washer supposed to be "loose"? Also I found liquid there, which worries me, as it is very close to the batteries... Can anybody let me know please if this is ok, or if this washer should be firm and tightly screwed without being able to move. To make it tight: I have to screw it from the top, where the atty connects...but is this really what to do??

see picture:
http://www3.snapfish.nl/viewsharedp...1777406011/cobrandOid=1018/otsc=SYE/otsi=....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread