GG Tilemahos Armed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fesso

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I live in Canada, I do not wish to be charged VAT so I purchase from GG Store Spain. Last week I bought an Armed Tilly from Spain GG Store because it was 106 Euro, everywhere else was 129 Euro and I assume the price difference is VAT added to the price. I did not trust that it would be deducted from the purchase price after the sale so I always buy from Spain. Please correct me if I am wrong here as Spain GG Store does not always have the stock I want...

Thank you Hernan (if you are reading this) for not following suit and charging the pre-Vat price on your website.

Moonwalker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2012
Belgrade, Serbia
If the website/store is made as it properly should, when you select country and go to check-out it should deduct VAT and give you the price without VAT. In some cases you would see the VAT coloumn and amount but if you check total it will be without VAT.

NandyDC

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2009
San Juan, PR
Well in my case now the order was made so now Im victim [emoji30] Not only I was charged with the IVA (VAT) but I got the wrong size. I notice the difference after I made the initial setup and put it on a 32.5 mod and tried the brass armor so I think that now is considered as an used Armed. Dont get me wrong, I loved and can live with the 1mm difference but the VAT really hurts. [emoji107]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Moonwalker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2012
Belgrade, Serbia

And Imeo's comments about comments made by Busardo:

Phil, the review was a fantastic one as usual, thank you! Some things that I would like to mention on your review:

1. Clean Armed before first use: Atomizer is assemble by hands. And all atomizers are going to our mouth and its ingredients like liquid go to our lungs. So I ask you to clean it, something that all companies have to mention to their user manual. I suppose you dont want to vape any atomizer when you know that all its pieces are touched by hands of any worker out there. Thats why I ask you to clean it. Now, if you had any bad taste, its maybe because your piece was not cleaned properly by the cleaning machine, something it may happen to any unit of any atomizer. Thats one more reason that you always have to clean any atomizer out there. And if you notice, this happened only on this GG device. No other GG device had this issue. But....... this may happen to any unit. Its just the fact that one unit escaped from the cleaning prossess.

2. About the drip tip that doesnt close the liquid control: Thats why I left room for one more o-ring above the existing one. Maybe I missed to mention this on the directions that I have send you about Armed. So, if you put the second o-ring, the drip tip sits very tight and there is no way for the drip tip to turn freely. So if you put the second o-ring on drip tip, you will also be able to tight the liquid control and unscrew the refilling cap without fearing that the liquid control will move. Or you can simply dry the o-ring with a towel. That means that both of the big problems you mention will be solved with just an o-ring that is inside the small bag. Please do that and your face on thumbs up will be different!

3. As in your previous video on X1 about refilling, you saw that if you keep atomizer in a small angle, the atomizer is refilled very easy with any bottle, even with a bottle with big opening and even if you use 100% VG like I always do.

4. No reason to tight the refilling cap. This is needed for other atomizers, but not for Armed. The other atomizers are based on an o-ring around the cap, so you have to tight them. On Armed, the o-ring is sitting inside the cap, so even the lightest tightness seals the liquid and liquid control is moving freely. This o-ring also controls how easy or dificult you turn the liquid control. The more you tight the refilling cap, the more dificult you turn the liquid control. I also forgot to mention this on the directions I send you.

5. You do can work on your build without draining the tank. I made a video about it. You unscrew the base, you work on your build and then screw it back. Maybe you thought that it cant be done.

6. The base has 2 places for o-rings. So you can put one or two o-rings. You can also replace the o-rings with the smaller ones inside the bag. So you can make soft or hard the turning of the AD ring. Maybe you missed the o-rings inside the bag.

Last edited:

soulseek

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2013
London, UK

And Imeo's comments about comments made by Busardo:

Phil is very good at contacting manufacturers with questions before releasing the video, mostly for mods though. It's a shame because even though I don't know the Armed, watching the video myself I could have answered to all his questions or frustrations.

He does make a point though in that nowadays Chinese products have become so much better. You get very good atomisers, with no machine oil, good documentation, lots of extras, very good performance and features, at 1/3 of the price.

If you're going to release anything above 80 euros it has to be spot on!

Akrotiri

Moved On
Oct 4, 2016
Phil is very good at contacting manufacturers with questions before releasing the video, mostly for mods though. It's a shame because even though I don't know the Armed, watching the video myself I could have answered to all his questions or frustrations.

He does make a point though in that nowadays Chinese products have become so much better. You get very good atomisers, with no machine oil, good documentation, lots of extras, very good performance and features, at 1/3 of the price.

Of course busardo says that. He gets all expense paid vacations basically from these Chinese manufacturers to "review" their products and attend their trade shows over seas. Not to mention all the free devices he gets sent in some cases by his own admission unsolicited. I clean all my RTA's when I get them regardless if the manufacturer says there pre-cleaned or not. Simple common sense.

If you look closely at how he builds you will see he has his coil upside down and that together with his fat fingers its no wonder he had difficulty trapping the wire. He is getting a metallic taste because his leads are too long and not trapping the wire correctly.

As for the Chinese made gear, I feel as if almost all of them offer a trouble prone vape except for maybe kanger and smok. In fact my 3 favorite RTA's are all from Euroland: ESG skyline, Tilemahos armed and the Hussar. I've reached my vaping zenith with those 3.

Last edited:

soulseek

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2013
London, UK
Of course busardo says that. He gets all expense paid vacations basically from these Chinese manufacturers to "review" their products and attend their trade shows over seas. Not to mention all the free devices he gets sent in some cases by his own admission unsolicited. I clean all my RTA's when I get them regardless if the manufacturer says there pre-cleaned or not. Simple common sense.

If you look closely at how he builds you will see he has his coil upside down and that together with his fat fingers its no wonder he had difficulty trapping the wire. He is getting a metallic taste because his leads are too long and not trapping the wire correctly.

As for the Chinese made gear, I feel as if almost all of them offer a trouble prone vape except for maybe kanger and smok. In fact my 3 favorite RTA's are all from Euroland: ESG skyline, Tilemahos armed and the Hussar. I've reached my vaping zenith with those 3.

Phil is one of few good and honest reviewers out there. He always speaks his mind, especially when it comes to the faults of Chinese manufacturers (if you disagree than you haven't watched his videos). However, as I mentioned already I believe he could have ironed some of his issues, had he talked to Imeo first.

However, he's right in that an atomiser at that price should not come with any machine oil on it. And while it is easier to fill GG atomisers nowadays, it's still nowhere near as easy as most others out there.

As for the traditional 2-post-base, my biggest issue (and why I didn't buy the Armed) is that the posts are too high from the air hole, which leads to very weak flavour. So, you either have to build really long legs, so that it reaches low enough or be extreme and Dremel the posts, like others have shown on Imeo's forum. In either case, the product is defective by design and I home this is changed in a future version so I can buy it.

Reactions: Izan

Moonwalker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2012
Belgrade, Serbia
I don't have Armed, just X1, so I can't talk about other features but I can about filling the tank. For years I fill all tanks the same way if my bottle top is wide and space for filling is smaller - put the tip of the bottle to the chimney top and let it flow from there down to the tank. I never understood when people complain about filling, no matter is it GG product or any other. Even for a beginer vaper with just a few brain cells and use of logic filling any tank with any type of bottle shouldn't be problem at all.

Akrotiri

Moved On
Oct 4, 2016
Phil is one of few good and honest reviewers out there. He always speaks his mind, especially when it comes to the faults of Chinese manufacturers (if you disagree than you haven't watched his videos). However, as I mentioned already I believe he could have ironed some of his issues, had he talked to Imeo first.

However, he's right in that an atomiser at that price should not come with any machine oil on it. And while it is easier to fill GG atomisers nowadays, it's still nowhere near as easy as most others out there.

As for the traditional 2-post-base, my biggest issue (and why I didn't buy the Armed) is that the posts are too high from the air hole, which leads to very weak flavour. So, you either have to build really long legs, so that it reaches low enough or be extreme and Dremel the posts, like others have shown on Imeo's forum. In either case, the product is defective by design and I home this is changed in a future version so I can buy it.
You have no idea what your talking about. When the RTA has juice flow control it doesn't matter how far the coil is from the air hole. The Husar posts are even higher up from the air hole than the armed - by a lot , and it's an RTA that many have said produces some of the best flavor. It is made just like the hussar to be high above the air hole not to mention it also functions quite well with the springomizer.

And I have seen dozens of busardos videos to know that his reviews in the past year are not as honest as they were in his earlier years.

Last edited:

soulseek

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2013
London, UK
You have no idea what your talking about. When the RTA has juice flow control it doesn't matter how far the coil is from the air hole. The Husar posts are even higher up from the air hole than the armed - by a lot , and it's an RTA that many have said produces some of the best flavor. It is made just like the hussar to be high above the air hole not to mention it also functions quite well with the springomizer.

And I have seen dozens of busardos videos to know that his reviews in the past year are not as honest as they were in his earlier years.

First of all, you are entitled to your opinion, as am I. I speak from my experience and others, if yours is different good for you. I could go into the Physics of why the height of the coil and the hole are very important to flavour but you probably won't care. The juice flow control has nothing to do with it. Furthermore, I believe that juice control is an outdated way of making atomisers and a flaw by design, especially if you take into account the improvements we've made in wicking and coiling materials, as well as temperature control.

If you read my post you'll see that it was actual users that reported this issue on Imeo's forum and fixed it by changing the height of the posts. This is also why the springomizer has much better flavour on the Armed since, it sits much lower.
You're free to insist on your opinion but it's not a coincidence that all decent RDAs have the air hole as close as possible to the coil.

I don't think it is pbusardos stance that has change; it is just that Chinese products have gotten so much better. Go back to the previous video of the Chinese Asvape

Yaya

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
Kolimbari, Chania, Crete
Hmm! seems like Busardo created quite a hornet's nest.
He wasn't wrong about the things he said but perhaps he should always read the the literature first. Reminds me of some Greek men I met. They always know it all and yet they don't. Strange thing that. :evil::shock::nun:

Akrotiri

Moved On
Oct 4, 2016
First of all, you are entitled to your opinion, as am I. I speak from my experience and others, if yours is different good for you. I could go into the Physics of why the height of the coil and the hole are very important to flavour but you probably won't care. The juice flow control has nothing to do with it. Furthermore, I believe that juice control is an outdated way of making atomisers and a flaw by design, especially if you take into account the improvements we've made in wicking and coiling materials, as well as temperature control.

If you read my post you'll see that it was actual users that reported this issue on Imeo's forum and fixed it by changing the height of the posts. This is also why the springomizer has much better flavour on the Armed since, it sits much lower.
You're free to insist on your opinion but it's not a coincidence that all decent RDAs have the air hole as close as possible to the coil.

I don't think it is pbusardos stance that has change; it is just that Chinese products have gotten so much better. Go back to the previous video of the Chinese Asvape
Right, so everything you personally don't like is " flawed by design ". You say that a lot but too bad your wrong. What affects the flavor is the chimney, how narrow or wide it is. Not coil distance.

How do you explain the Hussar then? The distance of the hole and where the coil is mounted hasn't changed in the latest batches and its all the way up to serial no. 2300; the same as 0001.

Reactions: imeothanasis

soulseek

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2013
London, UK
Was me...:)
View attachment 624717
I cut off 2mm from the pins, in order to get lower distance to the air hole.

Right, so everything you personally don't like is " flawed by design ". You say that a lot but too bad your wrong. What affects the flavor is the chimney, how narrow or wide it is. Not coil distance.

How do you explain the Hussar then? The distance of the hole and where the coil is mounted hasn't changed in the latest batches and its all the way up to serial no. 2300; the same as 0001.

It is not my fault if it is flawed by design. Do I need to sugar coat the fact that he is still using a plastic tank instead of a glass one, even though he has bothered to design an armour to protect it? Plastic breaks with acidic juices and more importantly it our juice imparts a flavour on it, which sucks unless you're only using unflavoured juice or the same flavour all the time.

Yes the chimney is also important but nowhere near as important. My order of importance would be: Chamber size then air hole distance ... and far less the chimney diameter. The coil needs to be as close as possible to the air hole, otherwise if it's far away what you get is plain air running around the coil and into your mouth. You're basically diluting the flavour.

And as you can see, I quoted the complaints of people and how they fixed this (only a few pages back lol). He cut down the posts so that the coil sits at the same height that the springomizer sits, thus getting just as good flavour.

Finally, I don't know what you're seeing with the Hussar but the posts are wayyyyy shorter and the coil sits much lower on it than on the Armed.
5259_5.jpg

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com

Thank you Seek. But we will never win China prices. Comparing China with European prices is like comparing apples and oranges if you agree. Price is out of question.
If we want to compare atomizers, we will do it for European ones. Armed is the most featured by far and at the same time the most inexpensive maybe.

As for the macjione oil, I never released an atomizer or mod like that the last 7 years. This unit just slip the clean prosedure. He could contact me about this. Its not the first time he does a GG review. Not contacting me about this issue is........... I dont know lol

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com

agree akrotiri

Reactions: Akrotiri

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com

I already spoken about oli Seek. Now, about legs. If you dont want legs at all, use springomizer that is the best choice out there. But even with legs, there is no change on flavor. Especially for the flavor, Armed has one of the best flavors as users say. Much better than the traditional atomizers. I dont think they all lie

Last edited:

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
I don't have Armed, just X1, so I can't talk about other features but I can about filling the tank. For years I fill all tanks the same way if my bottle top is wide and space for filling is smaller - put the tip of the bottle to the chimney top and let it flow from there down to the tank. I never understood when people complain about filling, no matter is it GG product or any other. Even for a beginer vaper with just a few brain cells and use of logic filling any tank with any type of bottle shouldn't be problem at all.
filling the tank is not easy, its very easy. Except you want to refill with a glass of water lol. You cant do that on Armed, I agree Moon

Reactions: Akrotiri
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread