GG Tilemahos V2 and Penelope V4 mini official thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jesseseetai

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
louisville, ky, usa
i'm still getting a weird dry/burnt/metallic taste from my penny v4. i've built it every way possible, and i've also tested it with the ody dripper cap so i know that juice is one the wick. i don't know if there's a short going on somewhere or what, but i've taken it apart and rebuilt it a few times and it's always the same result. i washed all the parts because i thought maybe it was some leftover machine oil or something, but no luck with that either. has anyone else had anything like this happen with their V4 or tilemahos? do i just really bad at building my penny? lol

monkkx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2013
paris, abu dhabi
Imeo, when you do that, consider the squonker option too ... pleaaaase :)
squonker is bottom feeder mod/dripper. Depending on the design, you could easily make a hollow pin for bottom feeder mods.
BF are getting more and more popular, it's a nice way to vape and I believe a nice way to offer GG quality to a different population :)

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
i'm still getting a weird dry/burnt/metallic taste from my penny v4. i've built it every way possible, and i've also tested it with the ody dripper cap so i know that juice is one the wick. i don't know if there's a short going on somewhere or what, but i've taken it apart and rebuilt it a few times and it's always the same result. i washed all the parts because i thought maybe it was some leftover machine oil or something, but no luck with that either. has anyone else had anything like this happen with their V4 or tilemahos? do i just really bad at building my penny? lol

I bought a Tilemahos second hand that persisted in tasting/smelling of anise.
Include in your thorough wash the wire retainer screws and the inside of the posts. Get some vaper towels and ream out the positive and negative posts a few times.
Worked on the anise.
Oh and what is your build?

cheers
I

jesseseetai

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
louisville, ky, usa
I bought a Tilemahos second hand that persisted in tasting/smelling of anise.
Include in your thorough wash the wire retainer screws and the inside of the posts. Get some vaper towels and ream out the positive and negative posts a few times.
Worked on the anise.
Oh and what is your build?

cheers
I

I've built it with a single coil, parallel coil, and twisted coil. all around 1.2 ohms. have used ESG ti wire and kanthal.

I got all the parks soaking in hot water with some white white vinegar right now. so we'll so how it goes after that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Izan

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
squonker is bottom feeder mod/dripper. Depending on the design, you could easily make a hollow pin for bottom feeder mods.
BF are getting more and more popular, it's a nice way to vape and I believe a nice way to offer GG quality to a different population :)
a mod with a bottle that you squeeze it to feed an atomizer monk?

Reactions: Izan

monkkx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2013
paris, abu dhabi
a mod with a bottle that you squeeze it to feed an atomizer monk?
yes that's right :) I'm not asking for the mod, you probably need a looooong time before doing such a mod that you probably don't like ;). However if you make a dripper, it could be really a nice option to offer to us, without modifying the look of the atty.

that's a sqonker: it's big, look like a box ... all what you love hahaha
xu2teroox4j7wdg5ntt1_s.jpg

Reactions: imeothanasis

Itshak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Israel
So sqonker or what ever they called ofer a simple storage
Of the juice separate from the hot coil and provide for administrating a dose when
Ever there is a need to wet the coil.

If this so much better (I'm no convinced at all that it's so much better,maybe a bit more)
Then this days tech and constructors must provide us the users with a better way,then this stone age kind
Of simple low tech "Put press on a plastic bottle"(no ofence to any).
I guess the posts and talking and hype help to pull some users to this way
But it's not look to me like the next thing actually it's like staping backwards,with no real reason.

Just my way of seeing

I expact some better design and thinking can take place,to provide this juice administrating
To the atty in a more suite to this days tech level capabilities.
maybe side by side tanks on a box or U designe mod with two metal tanks
And juice flow adjustablility between them,a bit more mechanical engineered assambly then squanky.

The way it is know...I'll just keep to the GG standard atty's which don't miss nothing that I want.

But here I bet Imeo can take this juice administrating simple kit few steps forward if he choose to do so.

monkkx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2013
paris, abu dhabi
So sqonker or what ever they called ofer a simple storage
Of the juice separate from the hot coil and provide for administrating a dose when
Ever there is a need to wet the coil.

If this so much better (I'm no convinced at all that it's so much better,maybe a bit more)
Then this days tech and constructors must provide us the users with a better way,then this stone age kind
Of simple low tech "Put press on a plastic bottle"(no ofence to any).
I guess the posts and talking and hype help to pull some users to this way
But it's not look to me like the next thing actually it's like staping backwards,with no real reason.

Just my way of seeing

I expact some better design and thinking can take place,to provide this juice administrating
To the atty in a more suite to this days tech level capabilities.
maybe side by side tanks on a box or U designe mod with two metal tanks
And juice flow adjustablility between them,a bit more mechanical engineered assambly then squanky.

The way it is know...I'll just keep to the GG standard atty's which don't miss nothing that I want.

But here I bet Imeo can take this juice administrating simple kit few steps forward if he choose to do so.

My dear Itshak,

nowhere I said it was better, more sophisticated, more futuristic, than an other way of vaping ... it's just an other way of vaping, that has pros/cons like all other ways of vaping :) Some like it (I do), some prefer it over all other ways (I don't), some hate (I don't), and that's all right.
Now the only reason I put that in the conversation s because we were talking about a dripper ... and it happen to be that many BF dripper are just a normal dripper, with a hollow 510 connector ... it's a very simple, way to have a dripper working both for BF and non-BF mods ... so it was worth mentionning this in the context of a GG dripper :)
I shave with a straight razor ... it's a backward step in many aspects compared to a gilette fusion (more dangerous, take longer to shave, crazy maintenance), yet I like this way just because it's smoother on MY face :)
I hope there's room for "other ways", I've always been suspicious of people promoting "the only way".

Last edited:

monkkx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2013
paris, abu dhabi
what I like with sqonker , is the always fresh juice (the tank isn't polluted by dark burned juice) and the always veeeery saturated wick ... None of my many tank atties do have these 2 qualities on par with a sqonker. But yeah, maybe the next revolutionary tank atomizer will do that ... Who knows :)
PS: I never ever go out with that kind of boxes, but they're wonderful when watching a movie on the sofa :)

Last edited:

proteckt3d

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Denmark
Those are indeed two points hard to argue when coming from the rta perspective, guess liquid to the coil can't get any fresher than in a squonker.
Though I rarely get an unsaturated vape from my Penelope due the way I set the cotton legs and the amount of liquid feeding I allow inside the rebuildable part if that makes sense. Only when the tank is finishing I might even get a dry hit but I used the atty so often that I'm getting better and better in approximating how much liquid is left just from turning the liquid control back and forth a few times ( and judging the resistance I get in doing this). And it's so fast and easy to refill that it's a joy to do it. Relating to one of your posts above Monk, its ok for me, might not work for the rest and that's just fine, I appreciate and respect all the different tastes and styles in vaping.

Last edited:

Itshak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Israel
Monkkx

I understands what you said from the beginning,I'm not against,but don't like the idea
The way it is for now my self,it's a different thing and I wanted to voice it out,
And it's for many others that look and don't post here or everywhere.

For one,loving more practical devices is not promoting its just saying what it is for me.
Though I'm a GG head I admit that, after all it's GG forum :)

I'm a kind of Archie Bunker when it's come to vaping regardless
Of GG and I think opinions should be point out.

I don't want all to think that we are in such a bad place today with vaping devices,
I do remember what we have not so many years a go,and now it like golden era compare
To those days.

I do think there are place to improve even more the accebilty to coils but I'm more then ok with
What I got for know.

I for personally prefer that if Imeo step to this Idea It would be better to take this
Simple system a step or two forward as he have the engineering capability for doing so.

For you monkkx and all others I really do wish Imeo will make the dripper
You so want,and if it will produce a better alternative for squnking ( lol even this word sound strange )
Then that's for the better, and who knows I may turn to like it :)

Cheers:toast:

monkkx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2013
paris, abu dhabi
Monkkx

I understands what you said from the beginning,I'm not against,but don't like the idea
The way it is for now my self,it's a different thing and I wanted to voice it out,
And it's for many others that look and don't post here or everywhere.

For one,loving more practical devices is not promoting its just saying what it is for me.
Though I'm a GG head I admit that, after all it's GG forum :)

I'm a kind of Archie Bunker when it's come to vaping regardless
Of GG and I think opinions should be point out.

I don't want all to think that we are in such a bad place today with vaping devices,
I do remember what we have not so many years a go,and now it like golden era compare
To those days.

I do think there are place to improve even more the accebilty to coils but I'm more then ok with
What I got for know.

I for personally prefer that if Imeo step to this Idea It would be better to take this
Simple system a step or two forward as he have the engineering capability for doing so.

For you monkkx and all others I really do wish Imeo will make the dripper
You so want,and if it will produce a better alternative for squnking ( lol even this word sound strange )
Then that's for the better, and who knows I may turn to like it :)

Cheers:toast:

cheers :toast: (and back to reality: Imeo, dripper, sqonker, box ??? naaaaaa, not gonna happen lol)

monkkx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2013
paris, abu dhabi
Those are indeed two points hard to argue when coming from the rta perspective, guess liquid to the coil can't get any fresher than in a squonker.
Though I rarely get an unsaturated vape from my Penelope due the way I set the cotton legs and the amount of liquid feeding I allow inside the rebuildable part if that makes sense. Only when the tank is finishing I might even get a dry hit but I used the atty so often that I'm getting better and better in approximating how much liquid is left just from turning the liquid control back and forth a few times ( and judging the resistance I get in doing this). And it's so fast and easy to refill that it's a joy to do it. Relating to one of your posts above Monk, its ok for me, might not work for the rest and that's just fine, I appreciate and respect all the different tastes and styles in vaping.
I have dozens of RTA/RDA ... 80% of the time, I use a tilemahos because it's versatile, performs great, and is a peace of cake to clean/use/fill ... the remaining 20% is the hobby thing, where I can enjoy the diversity Itshak mentionned, dripping, sqonking ... these 20% are what cost me a lot (you know that expensive atty you use only once or twice), but it's where the fun is for me ... sqonking is part of that fun :)
Enough about sqonking, I can admit it sounds out of place on the GG forum haha

proteckt3d

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Denmark
Well, I don't think discussion on any vaping style was ever out of place in the GG forum, it's just that is has to be organized and ethically just. It's true on the specific device/atty threads here, the discussion is limited and that's totally acceptable for me as it's the modders' right to govern these rules. It is my understanding that the specific individual device threads are made for the customer to come and get information about troubleshooting the specific device, and it's nice when you find just that and not threads with unrelated posts or direct or indirect competition devices or other subjects. This is not to contradict or deny your opinion Monk, it's just how I see it. I actually was going to open a thread here the other day exactly about this subject but I didn't and it was not because I thought it's not the place for this discussion or that I might be banned or something like this, but because I thought it's not the time for it, considering what is in 'the works' for GG at the moment.

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
what I like with sqonker , is the always fresh juice (the tank isn't polluted by dark burned juice) and the always veeeery saturated wick ... None of my many tank atties do have these 2 qualities on par with a sqonker. But yeah, maybe the next revolutionary tank atomizer will do that ... Who knows :)
PS: I never ever go out with that kind of boxes, but they're wonderful when watching a movie on the sofa :)
I think that juice gets dark by mesh atomizers monk. Tilemahos dont do that. At least thats what I have notice. And I dont see a reason why a tank can make your juice dark. Also I think that tanks always bring fresh juice to the coil. The other nice thing with good tanks is that you always have the same taste of juice, when on squeezing bottles you always have different taste in every inhale until you come to the limit of the burn taste. Maybe thats what makes you feel that these boxes bring fresh juice. Because you were vaping worse and worse and the fresh juice seems like a dream.
Another thing is that these boxes dont always give you the same temp of inhale. The cold juice is different on first inhale and hotter after that. Not a very good way to vape. But thats only my opinion! I dont want to make anyone feel bad:)
Also this is not my technique:) I say this because I never made something that someone else made. I invented tanks and I still believe that its the best way to vape. I know that you like Tilemahos more than the above boxes, I know that you vape them only at home, I also know that these boxes are just a different style. But its not mine. So I cant make them.
The only way to make something new is when its really new, invented by me. And I f I ever make a dripper, it would be for fun, just to bring something really good to all of you.
I think you understand the way I speak. No offence to you at all. I just want to say my opinion about e-cigs in general :)

About boxes. They invented for more battery life. They dont have any other reason to exist. But just for a little more battery life, I dont think they worth it.

For me, the perfect e-cig is a 14500 or 18500 battery with VIR inside at 17-21mm or thinner, with Tilemahos on it.

The reasons are that Tilemahos is the best out there (sorry but I do believe it and I tried hard to archive this result), on a thin-small-VIRed device.
Other people prefere boxes. But not always people prefer boxes and thats tells me something. That its something that will pass. And if you ask me why I dont get advantage of that, its because I am not like this.

Also, boxes just fit a lot of things inside and they are easy constructions. I dont like easy constructions as you know. The more difficult to make something, the more I enjoy it. But always made the most simple way and easy for the customers.

This post is not for you finally but I just found an opportunity to say my opinion about e-cigs buddy :)

monkkx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2013
paris, abu dhabi
Imeo, no offense but it seems your description of what you think to be a bottom feeder system, sounds more like a genisis to me? there's no mesh, it's mostly cotton, and believe me, no tank atty can keep the juice as clean and fresh ... not even my beloved tilemahosS (I've 4 of them lol).
I'll leave you at that, if you want to know more about it by curiosity, PM me or google it. It's a topic to be discussed after lunch, with some good wine, and plenty of devices and opinions to compare :)

now back to the original thread ... Imeo, this tilemahos V2 improved base ... WE THE PEOPLE, WANT DETAILS AND VIDEO !!!

Reactions: Yaya

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
I know what you mean buddy, something like Reo :)

Ok, back to topic. The new rebuildable part is AWESOME!!!

I test it for the first day today. Its not complete but it works EXACTLY as I thought and hope. A new age is coming. Be prepared!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread