GG Tilemahos V2 and Penelope V4 mini official thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

taxnail

ECF Veteran
Jan 11, 2015
allways near ... where my dog is
thats exactly what imeo is saying.
as long as you oxidize the material - you have a problem.
there's a long discussion of this here. look for the threads about titanium wire and VIR.
read it.
no need to discuss this here again

but regarding our problem:
If it is possible to use ssm whithout oxidizing - no problem.
Imeo might say that it is unreasonable to do it this way.
Because the risk of burning the metal is to high.
may be he's right.
and I will say, as I did: you might get burned taste and even dry hits very often - trying it with low ohms.

as I told you, my last try was, to do this without heating the coil and the tube too much.
I wanted that the liquid itself formes a thin isolating layer on the tube and the coil.
no oxidation - more like baking.
It worked ... at least once.

Reactions: imeothanasis

steliosss

kindness always repays... be sure of that...
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2012
Athens - Greece (GG land)
www.e-smokeguru.gr
Quick photos from my Greek friend "wizzy noise"
New TilemahosV2plus (left side) VS TilemahosV2 (right side)

image_1.jpg

image_2.jpg

image_3.jpg

image_4.jpg

Last edited:

gekka

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 17, 2015
Germany
Just an idea.
If the size (and maybe the postion) of the airhole is so important for the flavor, why not build a variable one? What I mean is a big airhole with a thread inside. Then Imeo could build insertions (is that the right word?) with different size, lenght and form (maybe 2 or 4 small airhole taste better than one larger one? Or a Y-form?). And if the insertion (or only the tip?) is made of ceramic, we could place the airhole close to the coil without the risk of a short circuit. Or far away if it taste better. So we will have a lot of cheap options and possibilities. Imagine dozens of different airholes for one RBA.

Does that make any sense?

Reactions: imeothanasis

steliosss

kindness always repays... be sure of that...
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2012
Athens - Greece (GG land)
www.e-smokeguru.gr
Some options are working good and some aren't working at all.
Be sure gekka that imeo is spending a lot of time, money and he's making a lot of prototypes until we have the 1-2 or three best options with the best results ;)

Reactions: billypapa

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
Just an idea.
If the size (and maybe the postion) of the airhole is so important for the flavor, why not build a variable one? What I mean is a big airhole with a thread inside. Then Imeo could build insertions (is that the right word?) with different size, lenght and form (maybe 2 or 4 small airhole taste better than one larger one? Or a Y-form?). And if the insertion (or only the tip?) is made of ceramic, we could place the airhole close to the coil without the risk of a short circuit. Or far away if it taste better. So we will have a lot of cheap options and possibilities. Imagine dozens of different airholes for one RBA.

Does that make any sense?
very nice idea gekka! I have already done it. One of my prototypes is like this. It doesnt work buddy :)

Corona Doble

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2013
Paris, France
From my 'dripper era', i bought many ones which seems brillant solutions 'on paper' with romantic straightforward airflow travel, gravity-free climbing juice no-feed, scientific aroma concentro-separator, wich appears to be totally 'flat' while tested ;) a rounded section edge, an hair of metal added, a poor voltage drop, one turn of thread in excess can ruin everything.

It sometimes seems the modder directly went from the mornig-idea to the paying customer, to have it tested. I personaly prefers the Imeo's way.

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
From my 'dripper era', i bought many ones which seems brillant solutions 'on paper' with romantic straightforward airflow travel, gravity-free climbing juice no-feed, scientific aroma concentro-separator, wich appears to be totally 'flat' while tested ;) a rounded section edge, an hair of metal added, a poor voltage drop, one turn of thread in excess can ruin everything.

It sometimes seems the modder directly went from the mornig-idea to the paying customer, to have it tested. I personaly prefers the Imeo's way.
Thank you Corona :)

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
So, if that bigger channels are better,why it hasn't it been done so in the first place
because if we knew exactly what it had to be done on e-cig world, we would be Gods Beco. We would have done the best e-cig 50 years ago.

Innovation is slow, it requires work, passion, headakes and time

gekka

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 17, 2015
Germany
Some options are working good and some aren't working at all.
Be sure gekka that imeo is spending a lot of time, money and he's making a lot of prototypes until we have the 1-2 or three best options with the best results ;)
I'am absolutely sure. That's one of the reasons why I like to buy the orginal.
On the other side tastes are different. And I like to experiment with different settings. A variable airhole would give us many more options. Sadly it doesn't work as Imeo said.

Reactions: steliosss

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
@imeothanasis is there an ETA on penelope v4 mouthpiece for drip tips? The metal mouthpiece unfortunately keeps me from using penelope v4 :(

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
In about 10 days still. The man that shines GG will come back from holidays on Monday:)

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
I'am absolutely sure. That's one of the reasons why I like to buy the orginal.
On the other side tastes are different. And I like to experiment with different settings. A variable airhole would give us many more options. Sadly it doesn't work as Imeo said.
I will try to find the prototype that I made 3-4 months ago and show you that it doesnt work as expected gekka :)

Reactions: gekka

billypapa

Supplier Associate
ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2011
Greece
www.e-smokeguru.gr
because if we knew exactly what it had to be done on e-cig world, we would be Gods Beco. We would have done the best e-cig 50 years ago.

Innovation is slow, it requires work, passion, headakes and time

And this is one thing where i saw in the practice how much work Imeo has to do to design and build one part.
This time we build together this update for flavor edition and in the and i thought we build a new car :) we have made so many different prototypes only for this and now i understand what he mean when he say how much time all this stuff need to finish it is really crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread