Status
Not open for further replies.

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
Hello my GG family:wub:! Imeo, my friend, its been a very long time since I've been around here. I hope you are well. I have had no need to be around because my GG's are built to perfection and have had me completely happy for a very long time:). The last piece of my puzzle is to find a 17mm drip atty for my Pisces-M. I have been using a non GG rda for too long and I'd REALLY like to top it off with P4 mini. I'm sure I missed the boat when they went on sale. Can anyone point me in the right direction to pick up one of these beauties? Hope everyone is well.
Welcome back Big, I am very happy to hear from you and I hope you are very very well!! And I am also very happy that your GG served you and still serves you well!

notarobot

ECF Veteran
May 28, 2015
Germany
I really love GG for its innovation, style and quality. I own lots of Tilemahos (v2/v2+/x1) and other GG gear. However, I'm really unhappy with the matt "22mm" v2+ base and AD ring that arrived today. Actually, the diameter is around 21.8mm, so it's clearly too thin. The steps between the AD ring and GG4S and between the base and body look and feel really bad. This seems to be a problem with the last batch? I know at least two other users having the same problem with their latest X1 purchase.

IMG_3683.JPG

FullSizeRender 4.jpg

Edit: Also, the edges on the base and ring are much sharper than they used to be.

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
guys, GG is shined by hand. The man that shines them is a professional that works for 40 years, shining metals. But hand is hand. Some pieces are shined a little more than others.

This is not happening only on GG line but on all mods. Its impossible to have the same diameter on all pieces of a batch.

ps........The pics you post are huge and the difference is visible. But you cant see a difference of 0,2mm in the 23mm diameter that Tilemahos is. Maybe you can feel it if you insist but not see it.

notarobot

ECF Veteran
May 28, 2015
Germany
guys, GG is shined by hand. The man that shines them is a professional that works for 40 years, shining metals. But hand is hand. Some pieces are shined a little more than others.

This is not happening only on GG line but on all mods. Its impossible to have the same diameter on all pieces of a batch.

ps........The pics you post are huge and the difference is visible. But you cant see a difference of 0,2mm in the 23mm diameter that Tilemahos is. Maybe you can feel it if you insist but not see it.

Imeo, it's NOT about the shined version but the matt version. And yes, it's visible. Please take it as feedback from your friends rather than an angry complaint. Anyway, it would be great if the diameter of the base, AD ring and body would match again with the next batch.

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
I will do as you said nota.

By the way, I didnt get it as an angry complaint and I didnt get ungry too, I was just explaining the situation.

I am wondering if there is something that can be done, other than asking the man that shines GG to be more careful. But I will, thank you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread