Status
Not open for further replies.

NandyDC

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2009
San Juan, PR
@NandyDC

Also try stretching a little the spring, and ensure it fits tight around the base of the center post.

I had the same problem and solved it by tweaking the spring.

Sent from my SM-G530H using Tapatalk

Bingo with this one. Much better now, doesnt hit like the brass one but doesnt get hot like before. Maybe I have messed the center post with too much cleaning with the mesh.

Ariel te debo una amigo!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey everyone!

Just wanted to post my experience with my new GG4S (SS button).

So, from the first time I got it and put it to use it seemed difficult and hard to press the button with my pinky finger. I had a feeling that something was wrong but never had a bottom button mod before and I thought I’d be patient and get used to it…
After a few days of using it I realised that if I don’t press the button hard enough the atomiser would still fire a bit and the button would start getting hot. Only when I pressed real hard would the mod fire properly but it was difficult to do so.

I had been reading various posts here with problems and solutions so I took it apart and assembled it again to see if something was wrong. So, when I unscrewed the screw that compresses the o-ring it unscrewed directly from the button because the part of the screw that compresses the o-ring was very very tightly screwed. I tried to hold the screw with my fingers and unscrew the other part with a screwdriver but it was impossible.

I put it back as it was because I didn’t want to use pliers and damage the finish on the screw and I also thought that if the store assembled it like this they would know better. Not much changed with this, even tweaking the spring or putting it upside down didn’t make much difference but I kept using it like that for a few more days.

Today I felt brave so I thought I’d finally get the pliers and unscrew the screw completely. I did it but I damaged it a bit where i grabbed it. Then I put it back by screwing just enough to compress the o-ring and feel a little resistance but not as tight as it was before.

A miracle! The button started working perfectly! It is so smooth now… It’s even easier than pressing the button on the Esterigon and it fires good and hard without getting hot anymore.

Thanks imeo for this great device!!!

ProngATO

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2013
Edmond, OK
Unfortunately we lost most of our vaping e-liquid and mods/atomizers in a recent house fire. I saved what I was vaping that day; Just GG Inox #0027 and one of my Ithaka atomizers. We are in the process of replacing what I had and I've had to move to some of the newer mods and atomizers.

I just got a GG4S and I am VERY impressed. I'd previously picked up a couple of Esterigons and like the small diameter for the wife. The GG4S is more my "style". I moved my Armed over from the Esterigon to the GG4S and it hit like a truck! I was very surprised and delighted! The only models this specific retailer had in stock were the matte with AD, I would have preferred without air control, but for the price - I snapped it up.

There's not much of a learning curve to the GG4S but I highly recommend following online instructions and taking it apart so you understand how it works internally; while it's quite a bit simpler than most mechanical tube mods, there are some parts and places that you'll come to learn that are very important. Overall, It's been my favorite latest iteration of a GG mechanical mod. It's simple, straightforward, works VERY well; it's adjustable, configurable and highlights the importance for tight tolerances and "elaborate" threads.

The bottom line is that you get what you pay for - I've found that the GG4S is the pinnacle of this principle. Many could attempt to duplicate this design or try one like it but they will fall very short of the performance of the GG4S. With a simple design made of only 4 machined parts it shines a spotlight on the "simple" things.

You continue to outdo yourself with every new mod and atomizer Imeo, thank you for being you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread