Not open for further replies.

tc1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2011
Ohio
linc:8449178 said:
I ordered one of these and it came in the mail yesterday. Been using it all night. not too bad! I don't have any other telescoping mods to compare it to though. Seems pretty rugged and works well. It's a tad rattly but I am not sure if that is because I am afraid to really tighten it down on the battery - don't want to dimple them up?! Anyone have advice as to whether I should worry about this or not?

You won't hurt anything by making it nice and snug. You shouldn't have any rattle if tightened properly.

acidrayne280

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2010
Earth
It was the last of the Blue Ice I had from myvaporstore mixed with some blueberry I made. Not a huge fan of colored juices but I wasn't going to waste the Blue Ice (really strong menthol icy hot like flavor).

Does look cool with the metal blue drip tip though ... lol

I have to agree, did you plan that out?

tc1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2011
Ohio
acidrayne280:8449287 said:
It was the last of the Blue Ice I had from myvaporstore mixed with some blueberry I made. Not a huge fan of colored juices but I wasn't going to waste the Blue Ice (really strong menthol icy hot like flavor).

Does look cool with the metal blue drip tip though ... lol

I have to agree, did you plan that out?

Yeah ... figured I use my blue drip tip with the blue juice. Once its refilled Ill be using a stainless steel drip tip again. Need to get a horn drip tip for this AGA but I noticed its no longer listed at discount vaper.

Not sure if its unlisted because its out of stock or they stopped selling it. If I can't find a horn guess ill just buy a large Ming metal tip.

linc

Nov 22, 2012
Pennsylvania
I ordered one of these and it came in the mail yesterday. Been using it all night. not too bad! I don't have any other telescoping mods to compare it to though. Seems pretty rugged and works well. It's a tad rattly but I am not sure if that is because I am afraid to really tighten it down on the battery - don't want to dimple them up?! Anyone have advice as to whether I should worry about this or not?

OK finally got a pic: china-gg.jpg
Like I said. Like it pretty well. Running an 18650 in it now and an 808 carto w/ adapter on the top.

tc1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2011
Ohio
linc:8450010 said:
You won't hurt anything by making it nice and snug. You shouldn't have any rattle if tightened properly.

Thanks Tc1! Tightened it down and now no rattles :) I just didn't want to damage anything..

No problem. Very little can be damaged by.tightening the battery. I guess if you went all hulk with it you could possibly break the solder on the endcap spring or squish the battery but that would take some serious effort and pressure.

I keep mine nice and tight but I can still swivel the tubing around to adjust button placement. No issues.

acidrayne280

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2010
Earth
Yeah ... figured I use my blue drip tip with the blue juice. Once its refilled Ill be using a stainless steel drip tip again. Need to get a horn drip tip for this AGA but I noticed its no longer listed at discount vaper.

Not sure if its unlisted because its out of stock or they stopped selling it. If I can't find a horn guess ill just buy a large Ming metal tip.

I just picked up a metal ming today. Got it at a uniquecigs b&m here in town. I walked in with my zmax topped with a DCT and the first thing out of the mouth of the girl working there "what is THAT thing".

Diablo_Primo

Jan 17, 2013
Manila
Greetings from the Philippine Islands, Just quit the cancer sticks and had been vaping and going on my 2nd week, Awesome cheap Mechanical Mod, the only problem I'm having is the button gets quite warm when using a genesis type Atty. at low resistance changed it to 1.4 and 1.8 ohms and still warm after about 3 sec. using 18650 efest v1 IMR 2000 mAh, right now I'm just using the atty. it came with @ 1.8 ohms all using 32 awg kanthal wire.

424452_478414402215893_53644582_n.jpg

Diablo_Primo

Jan 17, 2013
Manila
Apparently the "GGTS" copy is the new fad here in Asia as there is a new "GGTS" copy still trying to find more information on it, apparently this mod is made from Stainless Steel unlike the KTS which is made of brass.....

Update: 5:30 PM UTC +800

the name of the mod is "Inspire" by Denkat heres a link of a review
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=lvUWYQK6t6I#!

553057_439010566172371_336113244_n.png

Last edited:

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
One from Easyvape in hand.. Real nice. NO engraving on bottom. I am VERY happy with this device.
Waiting in one from Discountvapers to compare.
The Brass/chrome CCTS looked good, but for only a few $$ more, the flat top SSTS is a better value for me.
Interested in who got the exclusive and what the general release replacement will look like.

I

Algernon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 15, 2010
Rocky Mount, VA, USA
www.flickr.com
Not a huge fan of stainless steel in a mechanical mod. (unless the contacts are made of something else). Stainless steel actually has higher resistance so you tend to lose more load voltage.

Considering the resistance of whatever coil you build for your hybrid, I can't see that it matters.

If you're losing .2v... just build a lower ohm coil. I've been vaping 1ohm A7 builds on my Silver Bullet for months, whatever the drop is, I don't notice it... and if I did, I'd just start buidling .8ohm or .6ohm coils.

tc1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2011
Ohio
Considering the resistance of whatever coil you build for your hybrid, I can't see that it matters.

If you're losing .2v... just build a lower ohm coil. I've been vaping 1ohm A7 builds on my Silver Bullet for months, whatever the drop is, I don't notice it... and if I did, I'd just start buidling .8ohm or .6ohm coils.

Yeah ... for someone who uses multiple gauge wire it makes little difference. I use 32 gauge though and use other rba's outside of my genesis attys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread