The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

ghetto ejuice packaging

Discussion in 'General E-Liquid Discussion' started by foobar1234, Apr 15, 2013.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. foobar1234

foobar1234 Full Member

Nov 2, 2011
    USA
    I just saw the thread of peoples ejuice collection. And... I have to ask. Whats with the ghetto juice packaging? Some ....ty sticker printer on an ink jet. How come the bottles aren't sealed like the medicine that we pick up from the store? ... or, I could just be weird.

2. tA71ana

tA71ana Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

The E - Juice industry is still in its infancy..as time goes on, the packaging will get better.
    Many manufacturers are small businesses.
    Give it time.

3. gthompson

gthompson Free at last Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 28, 2011
    Tennessee, USA
    Fancy packaging costs money and while people want fancy packaging, few of them are willing to pay for it.

4. Don't be fooled. Many of those juices are made by small home based businesses. What they lack in packaging, they offer in quality care, specialized mixes, and excellent customer service.

5. hottierockstar

hottierockstar Super Member ECF Veteran

Apr 7, 2013
    southern california
    to me..where juice is concerned....i'd rather not pay for packaging and keep costs down...i don't see it when i am vaping, do you? LOL

6. foobar1234
    This message by foobar1234 has been removed from public view. Deleted by a moderator, Apr 15, 2013, Reason: drug reference.
    Apr 15, 2013
  7. Sero

Sero Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 29, 2009
    Spa City, AR
    There has been a ton of progress on this front...where have you been the past four years lol. If I am buying a boutique brand juice, I want it in a nice glass bottle(Halo,AiV,JC). If I am looking for a lower price bargain juice (MBV,etc) the "presentation" factor doesn't matter. In other words, if I am paying more than the average cost, it better look nice.

8. hottierockstar

hottierockstar Super Member ECF Veteran

Apr 7, 2013
    southern california
    like i said where juice is concerned packaging is unimportant to me...especially since you can DIY....hair products/skin products/perfume...completely different story.
    i told one of my reps that their line would sell a LOT better if the packaging wasn't so basic and somewhat juvenile. it is a good line...just looks a little cheap so anyone over 13 years old gravitates to the more expensive looking packaging...even tho it may not be as good.
    BUT packaging doesn't equal good, quality, or clean...one of the best packaged/most expensive national haircare lines is utter crap....
    I bought a juice brand that was very expensive and the packaging was well thought out and nice....juice was terrible (to me .LOL)

like another poster said...mom and pop juice makers, i appreciate wanting to keep cost down and don't find it a reflection of their commitment to quality....maybe they spent more money on the setup and cleanliness of their "lab" than fancy bottles

why am i still talking? LOL

p.s. if i was going to carry juice in a retail setting i would for sure require fancy packaging....or sell fancy decorative bottles for carrying....hmmm...

9. Mr.Mann

Mr.Mann Visit the PIF Sub-Forum Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Dec 30, 2011
    All over the place
    Touche, GT, touche.

10. cherrycakes

cherrycakes Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jan 17, 2013
    Scranton, PA
    I don't care about packaging as long as the juice doesn't leak all over the place during shipping

11. Robino1

Robino1 ECF Moderator Senior Moderator Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Even though the vendor I get my liquid from doesn't use plastic wrapping on the tops, those would have been removed as soon as I got the liquid, if it had that wrapping. Gotta start the steeping process ;)

Not seeing wrapping doesn't mean that it wasn't there.

12. foobar1234

foobar1234 Full Member

Nov 2, 2011
    USA
    Post got deleted, removed the inappropriate reference and reposting.

"I'd love to hear from someone that's into marketing.

But, my intuition suggests that perceived quality is important. I have not looked at the packaging costs, but, one thing of concern is that if a company is unwilling to invest the few % points in packaging, how do I know that they've invested in a "healthy" (e.g. sterile, whatever) production environment for their ejuice? If they're so concerned about cutting costs, that packaging is too costly, I'm wondering if they're concerned when a batch is contaminated. Anyway, these are just some things that make me feel uneasy.

Edit: Another thing I want to add. I recall some vendors that would ship their products in glass jars. Ihis is great for those that are concerned with plastics leeching into the liquid. This is a great innovation. So, there has been progress. "

13. Rocketpunk

Rocketpunk Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Aug 14, 2012
    Dayton, Ohio
    Certain vendors have been switching to the newer medicine-style sealed caps. I've seen 'em with my own eyes.

14. ScarletAbby

ScarletAbby Senior Member ECF Veteran

Mar 4, 2013
    San Jose, CA
    Some places send juices in glass bottles. I guess I'm kind of in the middle, it'll be nice to have the option to pick plastic or glass (and of course pay more if you choose the latter). It's a growing business and there's already a few that seem to be paving the way on a matter of health, packaging and shipping standards.

15. Rocketpunk

Rocketpunk Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Aug 14, 2012
    Dayton, Ohio
    Glass is pretty and all, but I'd be pretty ticked if my juice spilled because a "pretty" bottle got broken during shipping.

16. Rin13

Rin13 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 9, 2011
    Ohio
    Alice in Vapeland has gorgeous packaging. They're also hard as heck to get (limited quantities) and expensive as hell. I'd rather pay half the price and get more flavors from somewhere else. I personally couldn't give 2 *%($s what it comes it as long as it's clean/ undamaged.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.