GI mods - GTR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben85

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2014
Kent, UK
I fancied a genuine Pinoy mech so I picked up a GTR mod as, comparatively, it was a lot of mod for the money.

As I always do, I did a full breakdown and clean of the mod before I have it a whirl. I had seen that people had struggled to get the ultem piece out and was initially pleased to find that mine slid straight out. Great I thought (as usually I am the 1 guy that has the issues!) but then I saw that the ultem was split (see below);

6r4ob5.jpg

I was of course annoyed, especially as I have had clones arrive in mint condition which cost a fraction of the price, but I let it go and have sent the company an email knowing that ultimately I could still use the mod without any issues.

A couple of days have passed by and after watching a couple of reviews online, I keep seeing that this mod has a "self adjusting 510" and now I have begun to wonder. Is that split a really poor attempt at a self adjusting 510 (because of the split the bottom contact now flexes and is actually slighting self adjusting) or are these claims as I initially thought - which are incorrect. Can someone who has one please confirm if their ultem is the same as mine? In short, I either have a slightly broken mod, or I have a mod with a pretty shoddy piece of design. Many thanks in advance to anyone who can answer my query!

No thread is complete without a full pic so here goes;

300tda8.jpg

MMW

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2015
NH
Hi Ben. I have 2 GTRs. That split is a faulty block. Also the 510 doesn't self adjust.

I had a bit of a hassle trying to get the Ultem block out on both. It took a tap with a hammer and screwdriver to get it to slide out. After that, I sanded down the sides of the block for a better fit.

Ben85

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2014
Kent, UK
Hi Ben. I have 2 GTRs. That split is a faulty block. Also the 510 doesn't self adjust.

I had a bit of a hassle trying to get the Ultem block out on both. It took a tap with a hammer and screwdriver to get it to slide out. After that, I sanded down the sides of the block for a better fit.

Thanks for the reply. This is what I expected. It being broken probably explains why I am the only one that had no issues sliding my block straight out.

Annoyingly, GI mods are yet to reply so I have gone back to the original retailer. All quite frustrating considering that this is the first issue I have had with a mod in a few years and is the first non-clone I have bought in a few years.

MMW

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2015
NH
Thanks for the reply. This is what I expected. It being broken probably explains why I am the only one that had no issues sliding my block straight out.

Annoyingly, GI mods are yet to reply so I have gone back to the original retailer. All quite frustrating considering that this is the first issue I have had with a mod in a few years and is the first non-clone I have bought in a few years.
Agreed. Definitely warranted in this case. Mine hit hard and are my favs, but it should be a banger and no hassle right out of the box.

I bought one from Dragons Den, and one direct from Ryan, the owner of GI mods.

Ben85

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2014
Kent, UK
Just a quick update on this one. After waiting months, I contacted them again and I got a response! After a brief discussion, they said they had the part I needed and as long as I paid shipping I could have it. I gave them my address so they could let me know how much it would be and then didn’t hear anything for 2 weeks. So I contacted them again and I was told that they would sort this out the next day. No apology or anything, they are just “too busy”. It has now been yet another 2 weeks and I am still without the the part - which was broken on arrival. All very poor. I have shelved this one for now as it’s all very frustrating.

Ben85

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2014
Kent, UK
Another update... After hearing nothing again for 3 weeks, I chased them (again) and they have now quoted me $60 shipping for probably a part that weighs 2 grams and was broken on arrival. I have replied saying how ridiculous this is and of course have had no reply. We are now at 5 months without this being resolved. I think my next message to them will be about where they can stick this mod...

Quite simply - avoid GI mods. Shocking.

Ben85

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2014
Kent, UK
I officially give up. 6 months later and still not resolved. I was added to the Facebook group though where there are pages of disgruntled owners complaining about customer service.

In short, DO NOT BUY GI MODS PRODUCTS. I would sooner quit vaping than give those clowns my money. Ironically the 1 GI product I own that works well is a clone. I took pleasure in telling them that.

Reactions: entropy1049

Ben85

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2014
Kent, UK
I have not herd anything grate from GI Mods hope u atlest get ur cash back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Well I actually have an update... I got the part!!! ... but just not from GI Mods. In the end they just ignored me so the seller I got it from helped me out.

It’s a shame because the GTR is a nice little box, it’s just the company is so awful.

Outcast

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2013
Vermont
Well I actually have an update... I got the part!!! ... but just not from GI Mods. In the end they just ignored me so the seller I got it from helped me out.

It’s a shame because the GTR is a nice little box, it’s just the company is so awful.

It’s a shame that a lot of the mod makers don’t make extra parts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread