Gift Rocket: Buyer Beware

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Tasty Vapor

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
I'm not sure who these guys are, but we have no agreement with any third-party source authorized to process Gift Card business on our behalf:

http://www.giftrocket.com/gift-card/tasty-vapor-oakland

So, just a heads up, if you're looking to purchase Tasty Vapor gift cards for the holidays, get them DIRECTLY from our website.

radicaljd

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 16, 2010
San Antonio, Texas
It doesn't look like they are doing a "gift card," as such, so it doesn't appear fraudulent. If one purchases this thing (for a fee), the buyer only "suggests" the business (e.g. TV) to spend it on, but they get the actual gift in the form of a credit to their credit card, PayPal transfer, check, or bank transfer. It still sounds silly to me. I mean, why pay a $10 fee when you can just send your friend a check or free PayPal transfer?

Radical JD

Mr. Tasty Vapor

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Since Tasty Vapor wasn't solicited to participate in this little program, I have to assume that there is something fishy going on. Perhaps it's a wonderful service for customers, but I imagine ANY intelligent business owner that wasn't asked if they would like to participate, would be suspicious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread