Girlfriend wants to quit smoking and vape! Advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

newvaper92

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2015
Jackson, Michigan
Ok, so my Girlfriend wants to quit smoking and start vaping. I've let her try my Sigelei 100w/Arctic tank and she said it tastes good and she thinks she could quit pretty easy. Of course having never vaped before she coughed the first few times she tried it, but then again so did I (lol). I want to get her a setup for Christmas, but what might be the best to start her out on? We were chatting about vaping last night and she definitely doesn't want removable batteries, but I think she is going to be happier with something better than an ego. I had an old one laying around and let her try that and she said it had no flavor and was like inhaling air. Definitely want something fairly simple, variable wattage, no rebuildable coils. I don't want to break the bank but want to see her quit cigarettes. She has been smoking for about 5 years and started before she was 18 (I had no part in that, we've been friends since we were little kids and I've always tried to discourage her from smoking) Anyway, any good recommendations for a good but simple (I'll say 30-75w) device and tank? I want to give her the best chance at quitting, it's probably going to be hard, she lives with her parents and they both smoke like freight trains in the house. Thanks!

empteeteacup

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2015
Tampa, FL
Definitely a subtank nano kit. They come in girly colors like purple and pink and are super easy to use. From my experience, if they're stoked about the device itself as well as getting off cigs it makes their transition easier. But that's just my 2 cents.

iStick 40w TC, 25$ on fasttech and just pick a 22mm tank that will suit her flavor needs.

has usb passthrough if she forgets to charge and needs a puff.

I think either on of these would be good, perhaps even an iStick 50w, since My Vapor Store has them for $34.99 right now. I also don't like to fuss around with 18650s. I'd recommend the Aspire Triton tank if you decide to go the iStick route. It's more adjustable in terms of airflow than the Subtanks, and she can mouth to lung on it with the 1.8 ohm coils and a narrower drip tip if she so desires.

Big Me

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2014
England
Ok, so my Girlfriend wants to quit smoking and start vaping. I've let her try my Sigelei 100w/Arctic tank and she said it tastes good and she thinks she could quit pretty easy. Of course having never vaped before she coughed the first few times she tried it, but then again so did I (lol). I want to get her a setup for Christmas, but what might be the best to start her out on? We were chatting about vaping last night and she definitely doesn't want removable batteries, but I think she is going to be happier with something better than an ego. I had an old one laying around and let her try that and she said it had no flavor and was like inhaling air. Definitely want something fairly simple, variable wattage, no rebuildable coils. I don't want to break the bank but want to see her quit cigarettes. She has been smoking for about 5 years and started before she was 18 (I had no part in that, we've been friends since we were little kids and I've always tried to discourage her from smoking) Anyway, any good recommendations for a good but simple (I'll say 30-75w) device and tank? I want to give her the best chance at quitting, it's probably going to be hard, she lives with her parents and they both smoke like freight trains in the house. Thanks!
Take her to a vape shop and let her choose for herself.

choochoogranny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2013
chattanooga, tn, usa
^^^^^^This! She needs to hold one to feel how comfortable in hand. She also needs to pick flavors she likes as well as know a good B & M to get to in case of an emergency and you're not around to help......Then there's the "color" thing that us females are addicted to. Ha! :)

Devn

Nov 12, 2015
My wife went to a store to try out a few before she purchased. She ended up with a kanger subox kit but had to try a few to find out her own preference. if i had to decide for her, i would have gotten her something else and she would have upgraded in a month--thus costing more in the long run.
take your girlfriend to a store or three and have her decide.

Reactions: Racehorse

newvaper92

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2015
Jackson, Michigan
I thought about the Subox nano in either pink or purple, BUT, there's the removable battery that she doesn't want to mess with, and truthfully I don't really want her messing with, at least not for a first mod. I'm leaning towards the Istick 30w and Kanger Subtank Nano because I let her try the one I tried to give my Dad to get him started on vaping, but he won't use, and she liked it, *but* I think after she gets used to vaping rather than smoking, 30w might not be enough. I don't want to buy her a new mod in a couple months because 30w isn't cutting it anymore. If there was an inexpensive, integrated battery 75-100w device that might be an answer... I can do 100w with my Sigelei, but I rarely take it past 60w. There would be room to grow... Just because my car says I *can* do 120mph doesn't mean I have to drive it 120mph... I've never gone over 85 lol.

pokemom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2014
Lauderhill, Florida, United States
You can go with an ego one or ego one vt. They are smaller, sub ohm or 1.2 coils and the it is not a removable battery. It fits in a purse & isn't a bad vape. If you want box mode, the Wismec presa is nice, and all but the 75tc have non-removable batteries. I love the coll Fire iv. It goes to 40w and is far superior to the isticks (I have both). The Coolfire also comes in some great colors.

The tesla nano 100w has an integrated battery & is still really tiny.

For tanks, get the subtank mini instead of the nano. It's a better tank & has the rba option if she ever wants to go there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

newvaper92

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2015
Jackson, Michigan
No, definitely not getting a stick/ego style battery. I've actually got a couple I could give her to get her started, but I don't have any tanks to fit them. And I don't think they would be enough to get her off the stinkies. Going for something with some power, but not too expensive, and internal batteries. Thinking about a pink Istick 30w and Subtank Nano. Not totally sure yet, but that's what I'm leaning to.

Rt1Rebel

ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2014
Severna Park MD
No, definitely not getting a stick/ego style battery. I've actually got a couple I could give her to get her started, but I don't have any tanks to fit them. And I don't think they would be enough to get her off the stinkies. Going for something with some power, but not too expensive, and internal batteries. Thinking about a pink Istick 30w and Subtank Nano. Not totally sure yet, but that's what I'm leaning to.

Well, that should be up to her. Tactile feel and simplicity may be more important than power to her, at least as a beginner. If you need to compensate, do it with the nic level. But again, it's up to her.

That said, I got my GF off of cigs with this kit:

Aspire K1 Starter Kit

Good luck 92.

Reactions: Racehorse

newvaper92

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2015
Jackson, Michigan
Well, that should be up to her. Tactile feel and simplicity may be more important than power to her, at least as a beginner. If you need to compensate, do it with the nic level. But again, it's up to her.

That said, I got my GF off of cigs with this kit:

Aspire K1 Starter Kit

Good luck 92.
No, she's tried an Ego style setup and said it wouldn't work. No flavor and like inhaling air. For her I don't think it's the nicotine, but the act of smoking- when she's not at home where cigarettes are right in front of her at all times, she doesn't smoke nearly as much. When we go places together, she doesn't even bring cigarettes, but does take a few puffs from my vape at 3 or 6mg. She knows she can't smoke in our house or my car, but is never in a hurry to go outside or get home for a cigarette. She's gotten used to inhaling vapor rather than smoke and has just as much fun as I do blowing clouds lol. We really think if she had a decent device of her own it would replace cigs. I imagine I'll have to start DIY ing our juice though, because with just myself vaping it gets expensive!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread