Girlfriend wants to quit smoking and vape! Advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

amisssamack

Nov 16, 2015
No, definitely not getting a stick/ego style battery. I've actually got a couple I could give her to get her started, but I don't have any tanks to fit them. And I don't think they would be enough to get her off the stinkies. Going for something with some power, but not too expensive, and internal batteries. Thinking about a pink istick 30w and Subtank Nano. Not totally sure yet, but that's what I'm leaning to.
I think if that's what you're leaning toward, it sounds like a good choice -especially if you're looking for an internal battery :)

Karen Powell

ECF Veteran
May 23, 2015
pasadena texas
Definitely a subtank nano kit. They come in girly colors like purple and pink and are super easy to use. From my experience, if they're stoked about the device itself as well as getting off cigs it makes their transition easier. But that's just my 2 cents.
I have the purple one and I love it. It comes with a 1.5ohm coil perfect for beginners. I also have the cool fire 4 it is very good also, recommend the nautilus mini wih it. IMG_20151113_182223.jpg IMG_20150917_200200.jpg Yes I know i'ts a regular nautilus in the picture but I also have 3 minis.

Bubsmash

Nov 22, 2015
You do know that once she starts vaping she is going to want something like that sigelei you have in probably less than a months time. I am pretty fresh when it comes to vaping being as how I will be hiting my fourth week come this Saturday. Since then I have some Kanger Evod 2's but within the first week I got so ...... at having to charge I went all out. Now that I spoiled myself with a sigelei 150W TC I look at everything else and go hmm glad I didnt waste a bunch of money on more crap. In due to me running at 23W I can run it for like 4 whole days before I have to charge it. Who knows though but I would ask her how many smokes a day she goes through too becaus always having to charge just straight up sucks.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Maybe something that has the capability of both changeable batteries or USB charging. There are a couple of devices that are out. Will she mind a box shape? The two that I'm thinking of are box shaped.

The Innokin Cell has proprietary batteries that you can swap, they also have pretty colors that the battery comes in. The ProVari Radius (more pricey) encourages USB charging but if the battery life wears out, you can replace the battery easily. I'm not sure what the max voltage/wattage is on either of those. Should be easy to look up.

As far as the higher volts/watts she may not want to delve into that rabbit hole. Three years vaping for me and still have yet to go higher than 4v. Each person is different and if she does end up outgrowing her device, the Classifieds are perfect for those wishing to unload stuff they've outgrown.

Last edited:
Reactions: mattiem

MIK3Y_D

Aug 2, 2015

Right now I'm vaping on my evic full size. They're $40 without the tank on vapenw.com I get 1200 puffs of sub ohm, 35+ watts of vaping. Lasts 2 days of chain vaping. 5000 mah battery and the style and finish is really nice. I have the black one with the red stripes and the black kanger on top. Excellent set up I would recommend this over anything as she will probably charge it only once or twice a week. I kill the coolfire 4 before the work day is over, it's only 2600mah and doesn't last long at 30w. Good luck!

I'd take her to the B&M store, give her a budget, and let her run wild. Maybe she wants something you'd never even think of. Maybe she's into the bright colors.

I'd definitely get something that can either be used as a passthrough, takes removable batteries, or get two of them if they have internal batteries. That'll cut out the downtime when charging.

Not to mention backups, of course. My backups have their own backups just in case...

Reactions: Big Me

Douggro

Ultra Member
Nov 26, 2015
Seattle, WA
This never works. It will always be more than your budget. ;)

That's why you always low-ball your budget and look concerned when they start to go past that point!
Very true. :D

Still, I'm all in favor of letting her choose what kit she gets since she already has some experience with gear you've let her try. If you're committed to helping her quit smoking through vaping, it stands a better chance of happening if she's invested emotionally in the gear she's using. Letting her pick gets her invested in the process.

Give yourself a 20% margin on the budget from the get-go based on what you think she's going to be interested in. Showing that you're willing to be flexible on the budget is a fancy way of saying "I care about and love you." :wub:

newvaper92

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2015
Jackson, Michigan
Well since this thread started we've decided we're better as good friends (nothing major has changed), and we spent yesterday and today together, she stayed overnight and brought 5 ciggies with her, only smoked 3. I don't think she will mind a box style mod, stick batteries and cigalikes are out of the question, they just won't work. I don't think it's the addiction to smoking, but the act of smoking that's become a habit for her. So I'll get something that she'll enjoy and hopefully drop the cancer sticks. I've still got a few weeks, so I'll get her a setup and a couple bottles of juice that I know she'll like (ones I've had that she's liked) and I'll report back later. Thanks for all the suggestions!

Steamix

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2013
Vapistan
This never works. It will always be more than your budget. ;)

So? :)

Compared to prices for cigs, even a SLIGHT excess on the budget should amortise quickly.

And who knows ... seeing her vaping might get her parents interested in giving it a try as well.

One for one for sure , with good odds at three for one; sounds like a good deal :)

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
Echo what others have said. I tried several times to get of cigs with ego batteries and EVOD / EGO-C type tanks... Lasted around a few months every time and then went back.

These days I use a Nautilus Mini at 15 watts in the day and PG heavier juices as are cheaper and at night a subtank using more VG heavy juices.

I still have a cig every now and then, but I smoke a hell of a lot less, around 80% - 85% less

These tanks though do go through a lot of juice compared to the older / cheaper tech...

I would recommend a PV like the I-stick or Coolfire 4 that can give at least 30 watts, an Aspire Nautilus type tank for daily / work vaping and using cheaper more PG type tobacco liquids and then a couple of subtanks for really enjoyable flavour vaping at home in evenings / weekends / social life etc - your partner will find subtanking so good that when she tries a cigarette afterwards, she'd feel it lacked flavour and didn't 'give out enough vapour' ha ha... True...

Rymesis

Oct 27, 2014
Eastern Shore, MD
A Evic VTC mini or Kanger Subox would probably be great, they take batteries yes, but she can charge them through the mod if I remember correctly!
Then if she ends up wanting another mod or ends up getting into the "Let's swap batteries for a full charge" thing she can do that.
I'd probably show her and tell her about it, if she charges through the mod she might be inclined to roll with it and it increases the mods she could get by a lot.

Edit: A B&M with a juice bar would be great too, because she could test different juices and see what she likes!

Last edited:
Reactions: Vapez
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread